Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Franklin47disneyguy

They should use the money for star wars land to do so. Replacing studio 1 with an actual street would make the park so much better. They can also move the mickey show to the cinemagique theatre and replace its current theatre with a pixar ride. Then you have a Hollywood street with theatre district, a pixar land (Toy Story, Cars, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille) a marvel land and the lake area with frozen. All though we get Spiderman they should still build Midway Mania, it is so much fun and cheap because its already designed.

wdrive

They should use the money for star wars land to do so. Replacing studio 1 with an actual street would make the park so much better. They can also move the mickey show to the cinemagique theatre and replace its current theatre with a pixar ride. Then you have a Hollywood street with theatre district, a pixar land (Toy Story, Cars, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille) a marvel land and the lake area with frozen. All though we get Spiderman they should still build Midway Mania, it is so much fun and cheap because its already designed.

While I completely agree and would personally prefer that, I can’t see them doing that just because a Star Wars attraction is 100% more marketable than place making. As much as I would love it to be the case, Paris has never had as deep pockets as other resorts. If it was a toss up between a perfect Hollywood themed entrance and a new attraction, they’re always going to pick the new attraction.

Lintemuthstudios

There have been a few pitches I’ve seen for the “third land.” Almost all of them are quite a ways off, and almost all of them validate the assumption of being overly reliant on clones.

Yep, then I definitely think it's either Cars, Zootopia, or Pandora. Maybe Toy Story Mania/Alien Swirling Saucers added to Toy Story Land in the meantime.

I know it's a bit selfish to complain about the lack of more additions when they're getting three brand new rides (albeit clones), two rethemed rides, and three new lands, but the lack of another land on the lakefront is really odd. It just doesn't seem complete.

I disagree. If you're expanding the park by a ton, only building one land and one ride in that space would just feel weird. Would feel even more incomplete than it already is.

LeeleeSTAR

Yep, then I definitely think it's either Cars, Zootopia, or Pandora. Maybe Toy Story Mania/Alien Swirling Saucers added to Toy Story Land in the meantime.

I know it's a bit selfish to complain about the lack of more additions when they're getting three brand new rides (albeit clones), two rethemed rides, and three new lands, but the lack of another land on the lakefront is really odd. It just doesn't seem complete.

I disagree. If you're expanding the park by a ton, only building one land and one ride in that space would just feel weird. Would feel even more incomplete than it already is.

indeed I think it will look odd with such a large empty gap around the lake.

The Grand Inquisitor

I agree I bet Pandora and Zootopia will come to the park. It's odd how Pandora hasn't been cloned to other parks after Disney said they would add it to other parks and how successful it's been.

Stevie Amsterdam

I agree I bet Pandora and Zootopia will come to the park. It's odd how Pandora hasn't been cloned to other parks after Disney said they would add it to other parks and how successful it's been.
The sequel has been delayed by yet another year (2022) so I'd understand if Disney holds back a little with building clones around the world. That said, it's one of my favorite movies of all time and I can not wait for the sequels to be released. If Pandora would be build in Paris, that would be a reason for me to skip WDW every now and then to save money and instead just go to Paris.

Robbiem

An indoor pandora would be an interesting fit for Paris. Make it like mermaid lagoon in Tokyo and you could have the night effects all day and not have to fake tropical foliage. If avatar 2 is set in the oceans you could add a ride using the 20k tech from tokyo as well and then clone it back in Florid.

I’ve not seen zootopia so I’m not sure how well it would fit but Monsters Inc would also be a good fit for the studios IMO

croboy82

Yeah right now I could see them adding Pandora if the sequels are successful which would make me very happy.

I just hope we get Splash Mountain (new name yet tba) in the Disney Park.

G.L.A.D.I.O

Pandora and Cars land were considered first and then replaced with Star Wars and Frozen certainly to be more appealing for families. They are still candidates n*1 and 2 for phase 2 (post 2025).
Zootopia has be designed with one and only ride. The new Worlds of WDS show the same configuration... maybe R and D have been shared between SDL and DLP...

Now we must cross our fingers for the official announcement of the glowing Gardens and the Broadway inspired placemaking of the main entry.🤞

Last edited:

Toni25

Imagine having two live-action Alien lands surrounding the animated Frozen land, all three around the "princess lake" 🤮 *vomits violently*
Frozen, Princess and the Frog and Tangled should be the only three IPs surrounding that lake. They fit the modern Princess thing they were going for.
I hope they reconfigure the plans and put Star Wars and Pandora in the future (as a phase 2) in a different location, there is enough expansion space in the Studios, no need to put them right around the lake.
This needs to be better thought out. I hope it will not end up a mess.

Anyways, in this economy, I'd imagine a "phase 2" in maybe 10-15 years from now.

J4546

i think itd be cool if they had a frozen land, a beauty and beast land (like japan) and another princess land and made an epcot like area but instead of different countries it would be different disney princesses

Toni25

i think itd be cool if they had a frozen land, a beauty and beast land (like japan) and another princess land and made an epcot like area but instead of different countries it would be different disney princesses
I hope they expand on the Beauty & Beast idea for a future Fantasyland Expansion in the main park.
That is the place for the "classic" princesses.

I liked the premise of the "Modern Princesses" having a place in the Studios.
That way it feels different from the Fantasyland concept of the neighbouring park.
It would also complete the idea of having the studios actually pay homage to the movie studios the company owns.
1. Princess Lake = Walt Disney Animation
2. Left side = Marvel Studios
3. Right Side = Pixar Studios
4. Other expansion could include Star Wars (Lucasfilm) and Pandora (Fox Entertainment).
5. Everything tied up together from the entrance with the place all movies are made aka Hollywood.

Lintemuthstudios

Imagine having two live-action Alien lands surrounding the animated Frozen land, all three around the "princess lake" 🤮 *vomits violently*
Frozen, Princess and the Frog and Tangled should be the only three IPs surrounding that lake. They fit the modern Princess thing they were going for.
I hope they reconfigure the plans and put Star Wars and Pandora in the future (as a phase 2) in a different location, there is enough expansion space in the Studios, no need to put them right around the lake.
This needs to be better thought out. I hope it will not end up a mess.

Anyways, in this economy, I'd imagine a "phase 2" in maybe 10-15 years from now.

Yeah, I'd rather not. That seems like more of a Disneyland thing. Star Wars + Frozen + Zootopia/Pandora (especially the former) would be perfect.

G.L.A.D.I.O

It's spelled D I S A S T E R
But maybe chaos is your Aesthetic?

It is the aesthetic of the WDC too 😅
No need to be a marketing genius to understand that by multiplying the franchises represented, you gain more potential visitors...

Putting totally different universes next to each other is not new, Frontierland Fantasyland, Discoveryland and Mains Street are aesthetically very different, what counts are the transitions and believe me they will well achieved...

Toni25

It is the aesthetic of the WDC too 😅
No need to be a marketing genius to understand that by multiplying the franchises represented, you gain more potential visitors...

Putting totally different universes next to each other is not new, Frontierland Fantasyland, Discoveryland and Mains Street are aesthetically very different, what counts are the transitions and believe me they will well achieved...
Who said anything about NOT adding multiple franchises?
Literally that is the trademark of every park. Now not every park does that in the good way. The Studios certainly don't.

The lands in the main park have a sense of isolation from eachother and it's probably the most coherent of Disney parks when it comes to storyline, views, flow and transition. It doesn't take a genius to realize that and comparing that to the studios is a joke 🤣
Floating mountains next to Frozen Port on the right and an X-Wing to the left...I dunno. What land would that make around the lake area?
Why call it princess lake?

Last edited by a moderator:

G.L.A.D.I.O

You cannot judge the final result before it is built. Unlike Frozen, the other worlds will be set back from the lake. There will be no visual intrusion inside of these, next time do some digging before you say such nonsense. No one will see X-wings from the port of Arendelle, nor flying mountains. The Tot will be cleverly concealed if the original plan is kept.

Third it would be heresy to devote three-quarters of a park to a franchise, "the Disney princesses" every millenial are not as fans as you of this franchise, this is even more true for most of male millenials. They are the new marketing target.

The lake gardens will not be exclusively linked to Disney princesses but to Disney animation films with the same Nature oriented ambience.
And I don’t even know what we’re talking about since the Star Wars zone has been announced...

Toni25

First of all I do not allow you such familiarity, "sweetie" is insolent . We don't know each other. Keeping a civil tongue too tough ?
Second, you cannot judge the final result before it is built. Unlike Frozen, the other worlds will be set back from the lake. There will be no visual intrusion inside of these, next time do some digging before you say such nonsense. No one will see X-wings from the port of Arendelle, nor flying mountains. The Tot will be cleverly concealed if the original plan is kept.

Third it would be heresy to devote three-quarters of a park to a franchise, "the Disney princesses" every millenial are not as fans as you of this franchise, this is even more true for most of male millenials. They are the new marketing target.

The lake gardens will not be exclusively linked to Disney princesses but to Disney animation films with the same Nature oriented ambience.
And I don’t even know what we’re talking about since the Star Wars zone has been announced...

Just stop attacking realistic people who are getting closer to reality, especially those who like me have been lucky enough to be close to the project, just because they do not share your opinion on such absurd ideas as having Winnie the Pooh as the next E-ticket ride for the Parc Disneyland.

Edit: Some people tried to change my post without any explanation.

This is a place for fans to say whatever they want, fantasize about whatever goes through their mind. I do not have to be an insider to have to express myself creatively, it's all wishful thinking...and who knows, maybe it inspires someone who actually does work for them.

And what is wrong with having Winnie the Pooh as a ride? 🤣 Maybe some people here resonate with my energy. I sure did get inspired with that from others that wrote about it. I wrote about multiple possible additions, nut just Winnie the Pooh (which I think is a great IP for Fantasyland for many reasons and a lot of people agree with that). If you follow me so closely, you would have seen literally the dozens of ideas I talked about.

Also, what is wrong with multiple princesses? Tokyo goes that route, Europe has an aging population...the balance would be great.

It would create a balance of having Marvel, Hollywood, Pixar and the "princess" lake for the centerpiece.
Of course, I am a huge Star Wars fan as well and would love to see that somehow integrated in the park.
(Batuu is a MESS by the way...then again, not everyone might agree).
There were talks that Disney wanted to create more "immersiveness", now I don't know what that would imply, BUT, it's my right to come here and propose my vision and little fantasy for what would fit on the expansion pad next to Frozen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom