Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

RunningKoen

Should probably put Indy first 😉

But that was the list of my favorites, not the real plans. I can still have Moana first in that list ;p
You've made it quite clear that IJA is the most probable option.

At least let the IJA be a nice, thrill thing. I wouldn't fancy the theme, but at least it would be a good ride.
tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt.jpg

Peter Pano

And if you want good news, the source just came back to me literally now to confirm that Moana would be the ip chosen for the other ride :)

I'm now taking off to Tokyo! See you guys

GREAT NEWS!!! Moana is a wonderful choice for a new ride. I take it Moana would come into the Fantasyland slot an IJ to Adventureland? Thanks for all these news!
And wow, you are going to Tokyo? That's so exciting, have a great time there!!

Timothy_Q

Although Adventureland seems a better fit, Moana would work in Fantasyland as well.
Fantasyland is an European fairy-tale village.

Moana is neither European nor a fairy-tale
Dumbo should be the only non-european representation in the land (cause Walt put it there)

ThemeParkTraveller

Fantasyland is an European fairy-tale village.

Moana is neither European nor a fairy-tale
Dumbo should be the only non-european representation in the land (cause Walt put it there)

I'd much prefer the original Adventureland location, but I'm also preparing myself for any possibility. This is a park that just recently added PhilharMagic to Discoveryland, so they are sadly not above breaking the strict thematic guidelines they have set in the past. Moana's new rumored location would be set away from the main village area of Fantasyland like it's a small world, so it wouldn't intrude too much with the aesthetics of the land.

Timothy_Q

I'd much prefer the original Adventureland location, but I'm also preparing myself for any possibility. This is a park that just recently added PhilharMagic to Discoveryland, so they are sadly not above breaking the strict thematic guidelines they have set in the past. Moana's new rumored location would be set away from the main village area of Fantasyland like it's a small world, so it wouldn't intrude too much with the aesthetics of the land.
They can definitely shoehorn it anywhere they want to, doesn't mean it belongs

AndyS2992

Jungle Book Splash Mountain when? The ‘Paris is too cold’ argument doesn’t wash with me. Paris is warm April through November, that’s like eight months of operation right there, Japan is much colder and they have one as do parks in the UK.

Or this:
C2931FA4-B4D8-4038-B865-60CA2F5831ED.jpeg

Theme it around the existing Phantom Manor/Thunder Mountain/Thunder Mesa storyline and you’re good to go.

I want a water ride bad as you may have figured :angelic:

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

Jungle Book Splash Mountain when? The ‘Paris is too cold’ argument doesn’t wash with me. Paris is warm April through November, that’s like eight months of operation right there, Japan is much colder and they have one as do parks in the UK.

Or this:
View attachment 305699

Theme it around the existing Phantom Manor/Thunder Mountain/Thunder Mesa storyline and you’re good to go.

I want a water ride bad as you may have figured :angelic:

A more realistic take on Splash Mountain in Frontierland would be pretty incredible. Picture a more elaborate version of Knott's Timber Mountain Log Ride instead of singing anthropomorphic animals.

fTs

I am surprised something is being considered for the expansion pad between fantasyland and discoveryland rather then more rides in the other side of the park to address the park imbalance. If something comes to that expansion pad then I doubt we will also see Tron or vice versa before more rides are placed on the other side of the park.

Could this indicate that the Tron rumour might not be in discoveryland at all, rather in WDS?

fradz

To sum up the situation for Parc Disneyland, and I'm basically paraphrasing Jeff from ED92 who put it nicely:

As mentioned before, Frozen was originally meant for Dlp, getting only one of the frozen rides instead of now the WDS land (in the originally planned Mermaid spot, see my plan with the pads). Cars would have been the missing land around the lake, where the forest currently is (and tram tour/catastrophe canyon)
This was changed last minute, which means that Cars is now phase 2. This also means that one of the ride that was planned for DLP is no longer being built there. Now IJA is staying where he's meant to go (and hopefully for the 30th birthday, 2022), but there is a lot of talks for the potential second ride, hence all these rumors and uncertainty.

Now Jeff can't say more, but others can :
A water ride is being developed. Moana Splash Mountain is the favorite. Multiple sources are saying it. (A raft ride in the back of frontierland is a second possibility)
It's not clear where Moana splash could go. Adventureland, Fantasyland,...
What marrypoppinsinlove is saying is that this ride would be a DLP exclusive.

She also says that she didn't hear anything specific regarding Tron; but long term, a ride would open where the Discoveryland theater is.

And finally, she adds that some kind of makeover of Fantasyland is also being discussed for long term. Not new Fantasyland, but modernizing a little bit what's there.

(It's night time here in Japan and it's lovely!) sorry for the formatting, am now gonna be on mobile for a while)

ThemeParkTraveller

As mentioned before, Frozen was originally meant for Dlp, getting only one of the frozen rides instead of now the WDS land (in the originally planned Mermaid spot, see my plan with the pads). Cars would have been the missing land around the lake, where the forest currently is (and tram tour/catastrophe canyon)
This was changed last minute, which means that Cars is now phase 2. This also means that one of the ride that was planned for DLP is no longer being built there. Now IJA is staying where he's meant to go (and hopefully for the 30th birthday, 2022), but there is a lot of talks for the potential second ride, hence all these rumors and uncertainty.

Thanks for the information, but can you clarify this point? Why is Cars Land being delayed at WDS cancelling one of DLP's attraction plans (I wonder which one it would have been)? Wouldn't the DLP attraction just get delayed as well? Also, a question about the expansion pad map you created. I assume the red areas are the pads more difficult to access and use than the orange ones?

fradz

Because frozen being moved from dlp to WDS is the cause of cars land being delayed in WDS. Would have meant 4 new lands in a park and only one e ticket in the other.
That's the canceled dlp ride: the frozen dark ride, since it's now part of something bigger next door
Color code for the pads map is just so that orange ones had plans in the past. The more difficult pads I did not list because they will probably be used when everything else is used

Cheers Stevie for the kind words

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom