Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

RunningKoen

All these expansion rumours get me very excited, will certainly feel more real once construction starts though - which will apparently be next Spring?
Such an exciting time for DLP. It deserves it. Still keeping my calm though, it sounds like a lot of ideas, can't imagine them really doing all this stuff in the end. Would be amazing if they did.

An important part of these expansions are the media attention they are generating, to 'prove' DLP isn't a neglected and old park.
As been mentioned before, these are long term plans and there wont be direct construction directly: it will take some time. However, people are happy and the reputation of the parks is increased. Goal accomplished.

Even though it will take at least 5 years to see all transformations done.

ThemeParkTraveller

Although Adventureland seems a better fit, Moana would work in Fantasyland as well. I hope that is the IP being considered for that expansion pad. I assume any E-ticket after Adventureland for DLP would be 2027 (35th Anniversary) or later? Also, has it been discussed whether a potential new IJA will be a direct clone of DL/TDS or will it have completely different layout and show scenes?

ThemeParkTraveller

The one ride Disneyland needs right now is a water ride, the heat this summer was unbearable and Splash Mountain or a rapid ride would have been hugely popular.

If they really want to use the Indiana Jones IP in Adventureland again, there was this idea of a ride using an amphibious vehicle based off the waterfall scene in the 4th movie. It would tick all the boxes for DLP.

2070b6d3cc419abbde23be1fe4da47bb.jpg

jaxonp

Parc Disneyland has a good future. I’d imagine we will see a huge overhaul of the Disney village area. Is there much to do there now. The few times I’ve been to the Parc I’ve bypassed that entire area.

IMDREW

Parc Disneyland has a good future. I’d imagine we will see a huge overhaul of the Disney village area. Is there much to do there now. The few times I’ve been to the Parc I’ve bypassed that entire area.

I really don’t like Disney Village as it is now, so a revamp is great imo. Their world of disney store however is amazing!

RunningKoen

Im still team Moana. Anyone can rumour IJA what they want, as long as it isn't confirmed, Im hoping and praying for Moana over anything else.

The one ride Disneyland needs right now is a water ride, the heat this summer was unbearable and Splash Mountain or a rapid ride would have been hugely popular.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but water rides needs a lot of attention and maintenance during the colder times. Paris has a cooler climate than Florida.

I really don’t like Disney Village as it is now, so a revamp is great imo. Their world of disney store however is amazing!

Overhaul was announced already. It's been lost in this topic somewhere and although there are no details available yet, it's one of the first things to be changed. If I recall correctly, they already started planning, discussing and slightly preparing this. However, correct me when I'm wrong (@fradz)

rickreptile

I could see Tron getting larger drops or inversions to cater for the European market.

i don't see why larger drops or inversions would cater the european market, it would tend more to the american market, as american parks almost always seem to strive to break a new record with a roller coaster, something most european parks don't bother, theming is in my opinion what really matters to the european market and a good themed tron ride would really fit the park :)

fradz

Im still team Moana. Anyone can rumour IJA what they want, as long as it isn't confirmed, Im hoping and praying for Moana over anything else.
From what I'm hearing, if Moana happens, it would be in addition to IJA. IJA; everyone agrees so much on it, that if it doesn't happen, I would be extremely surprised. I almost want to say IJA will happen, not might.
Overhaul was announced already. It's been lost in this topic somewhere and although there are no details available yet, it's one of the first things to be changed. If I recall correctly, they already started planning, discussing and slightly preparing this. However, correct me when I'm wrong (@fradz)
Daniel Delcourt (COO DLP) hinted really hard at it, yes. It was perceived almost as a leak, but coming from the COO, maybe "leak" is not the correct wording. He said that they were finalizing the plan for the Disney Village, and an announcement was pending. The timing of what will be changed first, we're not sure yet.

i don't see why larger drops or inversions would cater the european market, it would tend more to the american market, as american parks almost always seem to strive to break a new record with a roller coaster, something most european parks don't bother, theming is in my opinion what really matters to the european market and a good themed tron ride would really fit the park :)
First, I want to say that I'm not convinced that a new coaster will open in Parc Disneyland, I'm just reporting what the others are writing. But let's forget that for a second...

The way I see it, it's important to look at the direct competitors of DLP & nationalities to assess that: here are the 2016 figures for Guests' country of origin:
49% France, 17% UK, 9% Spain, 6% BeLux, 5% NL, 3% Germany, 3% Italy, 9% Rest of World.
Competitors are the nearby Parc Astérix (opening thrill rides one after another for years now, announced a launch coaster recently); Europa Park & Phantasialand (only 3% Germans!! That's insanely low), the UK parks (very very strong UK presence), Port Aventura, the Madrid parks, etc.

If they want to "steal" some visitors out of these other parks, they need to play with the same cards: thrills.

RunningKoen

From what I'm hearing, if Moana happens, it would be in addition to IJA. IJA; everyone agrees so much on it, that if it doesn't happen, I would be extremely surprised. I almost want to say IJA will happen, not might.

As long as Moana happens, I'm okay with it. Only IJA, no Moana would be a let down for me. I don't care as much about IJ at all.

Daniel Delcourt (COO DLP) hinted really hard at it, yes. It was perceived almost as a leak, but coming from the COO, maybe "leak" is not the correct wording. He said that they were finalizing the plan for the Disney Village, and an announcement was pending. The timing of what will be changed first, we're not sure yet.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm not sure where, but I've read somewhere that changes to the village would be the first things of the overall plans (except the aerosmith coaster).

BrianLo

(only 3% Germans!! That's insanely low)

If they want to "steal" some visitors out of these other parks, they need to play with the same cards: thrills.

Not to derail the thread too much with "guess the IP"...

But if we are looking for something not in other parks, recently popular and something that would attract underserved guests (like Germans)... wouldn't the answer be Jungle Book?

ThemeParkTraveller

Not to derail the thread too much with "guess the IP"...

But if we are looking for something not in other parks, recently popular and something that would attract underserved guests (like Germans)... wouldn't the answer be Jungle Book?

I'm probably missing something, but what about the Jungle Book is particularly attractive to Germans? The 2016 film didn't do well there.

ThemeParkTraveller

The original Jungle Book is the biggest movie of all time in Germany, by tickets sold. It beats the likes of Titanic and Avatar by a large margin.

Thanks, that is really interesting. The original film is over 50 years old, so I have to wonder if it's still popular with Germans today. The weak performance of the live-action film seems to indicate no lasting connection or nostalgia with the IP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom