Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

JohnyKaz2078

?? It's Marvel Land ?? Iron Man and Spiderman are Marvel Licenses?? .....

No no I meant the potential Avengers E-Ticket from HKDL which, you said, was going to potentially be built in Moteurs Action Show. RnRC is also getting an Avengers overlay. So then there will be two Avengers rides next to each other?

IMDREW

@fradz Do you already know if it's been decided what IP will go in the Adventureland E-ticket? And is that the only DLP ride coming? Or will they also do some new dark rides in fantasyland. I really hoped for a tangled dark ride in fantasyland.

Final question, I know there have been many rumours throughout the years, but is soarin' still a thing for DLP? I was thinking about it and thought it might fit Discoveryland real well.

IMDREW

No no I meant the potential Avengers E-Ticket from HKDL which, you said, was going to potentially be built in Moteurs Action Show. RnRC is also getting an Avengers overlay. So then there will be two Avengers rides next to each other?
RnRC is not getting an Avengers theme but an Iron Man theme. It's different.

ThemeParkTraveller

Yes; all new rides, including the Adventureland E-Ticket are part of the €2 billion. I believe that additionally, the Disney Village expansion is part of the plan, and some other things.
The rest (new hotels/ hotels renovation /large refurbs) is not part of this budget, AFAIK. I've seen a breakdown before with budget estimates per cost center, but can't find it right now for some reasons...

Thanks. Just to be clear, the €2 billion only covers the plans up to 2025? It does not include second phase additions to the new lands like Avengers E-ticket or Millennium Falcon (if it's absent in initial build)?

cjkeating

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/d23j-japan-rock-n-roller-coaster/ Go to this page and you'll see that it says "Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith will be totally reimagined as a high-speed, hyper-kinetic adventure, in which guests will team up with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers".

I think the theory is it will be an Iron Man titled attraction that will feature the Avengers. A bit like how Captain America: Civil War featured many of the Avengers.

AndyS2992

CANCELLED.
The floor replacement for Ratatouille that was scheduled as from end of 2018 has just been cancelled (postponed most likely).
Appears to be back on.
Now showing closed from October 1st and continues through November 5th onwards.

cjkeating

Thanks. Just to be clear, the €2 billion only covers the plans up to 2025? It does not include second phase additions to the new lands like Avengers E-ticket or Millennium Falcon (if it's absent in initial build)?

I don't know for sure but logic would state this €2 billion wouldn't cover any further expansions or phase 2s. I'm personally surprised about how far they are stretching the money in the first place.

fradz

@fradz Do you already know if it's been decided what IP will go in the Adventureland E-ticket? And is that the only DLP ride coming? Or will they also do some new dark rides in fantasyland. I really hoped for a tangled dark ride in fantasyland.

Final question, I know there have been many rumours throughout the years, but is soarin' still a thing for DLP? I was thinking about it and thought it might fit Discoveryland real well.
Nothing in Fantasyland for a while, for sure. If something else would be coming along the Adventureland ride (which should be IJA ?); it would be in Frontierland and it would be wet.
I have never ever heard about Soarin rumors to DLP. Only to WDS. Originally between the then-Cinémagique showbuilding and Stitch Live! building, but that's been dropped.
Appears to be back on.
Now showing closed from October 1st and continues through November 5th onwards.
Source? I don't see it in the official calendar
I don't know for sure but logic would state this €2 billion wouldn't cover any further expansions or phase 2s. I'm personally surprised about how far they are stretching the money in the first place.
Yeah... Regarding budget, I really don't know who to believe. Just a few days ago I had heard (and thus shared here) that the Adventureland E-ticket was part of the €2 billion. Now, someone else is saying "only the WDS plan" is part of that €2b and that the "DLP plan" was something else. Whatever that means, phase 1 / phase 2 , .... Wait & See

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

Nothing in Fantasyland for a while, for sure. If something else would be coming along the Adventureland ride (which should be IJA ?)

I'm still hoping for a Moana E-ticket in Adventureland. I don't think DLP needs a second Indy ride (not to mention a clone at that), plus Moana would add the Polynesian presence that Adventureland has been missing compared to the other castle parks (as it lacks a Tiki Room).

Yeah... Regarding budget, I really don't know who to believe. Just a few days ago I had heard (and thus shared here) that the Adventureland E-ticket was part of the €2 billion. Now, someone else is saying "only the WDS plan" is part of that €2b and that the "DLP plan" was something else. Whatever that means, phase 1 / phase 2 , .... Wait & See

Did your previous source (marrypoppinsinlove from ED92) say anything about whether DLP expansion is included? The official press release is purposefully vague, only stating that the €2 billion plan includes "a transformation of the Walt Disney Studios Park, adding three new areas that are based on Marvel, Frozen and Star Wars, along with multiple new attractions and live entertainment experiences." It's not clear whether those "multiple new attractions" are referring to the new lands or elsewhere in the two parks.

fradz

I'm still hoping for a Moana E-ticket in Adventureland. I don't think DLP needs a second Indy ride (not to mention a clone at that), plus Moana would add the Polynesian presence that Adventureland has been missing compared to the other castle parks (as it lacks a Tiki Room).
While it would be nice, the Moana ride was rumored to be a water ride. Now what we're hearing is that the water ride would be in Frontierland, if there are 2 rides. I see two scenarios:
- IJA in Adventureland (+maybe Grizzly River Rapids or a logflume close to the Frontierland Station) <--- Most likely scenario, imo.
- Moana in Adventureland (+ maybe something else in Frontierland, but then I really have no clue what)
Did your previous source (marrypoppinsinlove from ED92) say anything about whether DLP expansion is included? The official press release is purposefully vague, only stating that the €2 billion plan includes "a transformation of the Walt Disney Studios Park, adding three new areas that are based on Marvel, Frozen and Star Wars, along with multiple new attractions and live entertainment experiences." It's not clear whether those "multiple new attractions" are referring to the new lands or elsewhere in the two parks.
She is the one who, after more digging, now indicates that there are 2 separate plans, the DLP one being on top of the €2b. Let's see, hopefully we get some kind of announcement by the end of September, because I don't think anything will come out during the summer season.

peep

Cinémagique will be back in Studio Theater in November 2018 for the Christmas Season (Confirmed)

I do kinda love how ED92 announced it as a rumour in the morning and by the afternoon it was officially announced via InsideEars.

I'm happy for it's return, sounds like it's a planned on/off season for both shows so the Marvel show will be back in 2019 (assume during the Marvel season). Cinemagique is one of the best Disney shows ever made so glad I get a chance to see it again.

fradz

More rumors from the guy who announced PhilharMagic for Discoveryland first (and was right, so he has my attention).
  • Regarding WDS: when Tram Tour finally gets completely removed (in a latter stage), the land that would be coming is "mountain heavy". I told him that leaves at least 3 choices (Cars, Avatar, Everest, ...) and he told me straight-up: it's Cars Land. (I know I've mentioned it before, but that's more weight for that, I guess)
  • He also talks about Parc Disneyland having a separate investment plan. Thus, WDS has the €2b plan, and a smaller plan is coming to the castle park.
  • He also says that IJA would the chosen ride for Adventureland. That's already the 3rd source saying that IJA is ahead of the other projects, so while it's not official, there's a very high chance that it will be IJA.
  • Now, something that he keeps mentioning and that other insiders don't (also see my post #320) ; something about TRON. The funny thing is that he says "TRON [...], but not how we know it". I suggested Autopia, but he told me "Autopia is staying". So what does he mean? Maybe for a post-PhilharMagic for the Theather building? A new Space Mountain Theme? (please no)
  • And now, the real surprise, that I did not know about and that other sources haven't heard about before: See my post with the expansion pads. There is plenty of room between Fantasyland and Discoveryland, and apparently, something is planned for there as well. I will quote (translated) :
The surprise comes from a 3rd E-Ticket. Exclusive. Planned between Fantasyland and Discoveryland. Theme was never touched on for any other park, but has been mentioned before by Jeff (note: Jeff has now signed the "InsidEars" agreement and thus cannot publicly talk about what he knows).
If my memory serves me right, Jeff has mostly talked about... Moana. But Moana is getting a show at HKDL, so I don't know if he takes that into account... If yes, what else could it be? Zootopia then? Jeff briefly mentioned it a while ago. The rest, I don't know... Tough to say, if I go only by the "Jeff talked about it in the past"; that's Moana or Zootopia. I could maybe see Zootopia working there. I would personally dream about Wall-E, but I don't think that would happen.

EDIT: He just replied again.
Plusieurs pistes évoquées sont justes... c’est en effet du côté de DT qu’il va falloir tourner les regards pour l’avenir de Disco..!
Et pas de Wall-E ou de Zootopie au programme...
concernant un « vrai Coaster » je pense que Tron remplit largement ce rôle, surtout si on considère qu’il sera adapté à notre resort (et donc à notre clientèle friande de sensations fortes).
-->
Several things raised up here are correct ... it is indeed on the side of Discoveryland Theater that we will have to turn the eyes towards for the future of Discoveryland ..!
No Wall-E or Zootopia in the plans...
Regarding a "real Coaster", I think that Tron fulfills this role, especially considering that it will be adapted to our resort (and therefore to our clientele fond of thrills).

Re-attaching here my expansion pads post, you can see there are multiple pads available:
Here are the "easy" expansion pads, approximately. There are more, for example next to Geysers .

View attachment 296294

Last edited:

peep

I'm very intrigued by the Tron rumour. Do we think he means just the ride type or actual IP?

The e-ticket for the land between Fantasy and Discovery is also very interesting. I'd hope for the Beauty and the Beast dark ride that Tokyo is getting as it'd be perfect for Paris.

All these expansion rumours get me very excited, will certainly feel more real once construction starts though - which will apparently be next Spring?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom