Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

ThemeParkTraveller

Is there any chance they ever tear down the IJ roller coaster and put something better there? Is there even enough room to put something better on that plot?

I expect that will not happen for many years and only if absolutely necessary. They probably see no reason to remove a fairly popular ride when the park has so much empty room to expand on. The spot it occupies (including the queue) is about 23,000 square feet, which is probably too small for anything significant to replace it. A smaller dark ride could fit in that spot, but it would be more like a C or D-ticket in scale.

fradz

Is there any chance they ever tear down the IJ roller coaster and put something better there? Is there even enough room to put something better on that plot?
Absolutely, it was originally built as a quick fix. But it also absolutely isn't in the plans to tear it down anytime soon. So expect it to stay until all plots are full

AndyS2992

Just realised Paris doesn’t have a Winnie the Pooh ride, hopefully that will happen at some point. It’s the only Disney resort not to have one, which is odd given it’s proximity to the UK.

Robbiem

Just realised Paris doesn’t have a Winnie the Pooh ride, hopefully that will happen at some point. It’s the only Disney resort not to have one, which is odd given it’s proximity to the UK.

A pooh ride would be a great addition especially if its the one from Japan, not sure if the French would like something so British though

Robbiem

Peter Pan and Alice are English as well
That’s what I meant. Although wild ride isn’t there a toad hall restaurant is so there is a big Brit presence already . Pooh May be a British step too far, especially with brexit straining relations between the uk and Europe

JohnyKaz2078

That’s what I meant. Although wild ride isn’t there a toad hall restaurant is so there is a big Brit presence already . Pooh May be a British step too far, especially with brexit straining relations between the uk and Europe
The political situation doesn't affect DLP. Britons account for almost 15% of all visitors in DLP. And it isn't like the UK and the EU are at the brink of war or something.

By the way most people don't even notice that Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland are "british". Thunder Mesa is dedicated to the American Wild West. Do the French bother? Pinocchio is set in Italy. Do the French bother? Indiana Jones is set in India. Do the French bother? Star Tours is set in an intergalactic space station a some million lightyears away. DO the French bother? And the answer to all questions is, you guessed it, NO. That's why Pooh won't make a big difference from Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin or Cinderella.

Last edited:

atjimfromdisney

Disneyland Paris has the absolute best Fantasyland of the parks. Hoping only upgrades/"refreshing" of the area.

I would welcome Splash to the park, but would it be more fitting to be in Frontierland/Thunder Mesa or Adventureland or possibly be the transition between the two (would be my recommendation).

Sir_Cliff

A water ride is being developed. Moana Splash Mountain is the favorite. Multiple sources are saying it. (A raft ride in the back of frontierland is a second possibility)
I must that neither a Moana Splash Mountain or raft ride make much sense to me.

Raft rides generally get you super wet, which would be utterly unappealing for most of the year in Paris. Putting in essentially seasonal e-tickets doesn't make much sense to me when they have other options. I guess they could develop a relatively mild one without too much splashing, but then I'm not sure why they would choose that ride system.

With Moana, the only way I could see it working is if the thrill factor was massively toned down to the point of the ride being to Splash Mountain as the Seven Dwarf's Mine Train at MK is to Big Thunder Mountain. Otherwise, I imagine you'll have a lot of kids who liked the film very upset they can't go on the Moana ride.

fradz

With Moana, the only way I could see it working is if the thrill factor was massively toned down to the point of the ride being to Splash Mountain as the Seven Dwarf's Mine Train at MK is to Big Thunder Mountain. Otherwise, I imagine you'll have a lot of kids who liked the film very upset they can't go on the Moana ride.
I disagree. The height requirement here (am in TDR) is 90cm (35inch). That's as low as it gets, and it's extremely popular. It's actually the most popular ride in the park, and close to the most popular ride in the resort (wait times sometimes above TSM) . It's not very wet, in fact it's almost not wet at all (rode it 3 times, never got wet)

Now back to the rumors. I've heard pretty much the entire upgrade plan for Phantom Manor, but I think that ruins the magic to know? I will try to put it in spoiler marks when I access a pc, if there is interest.

And regarding Adventureland, some people are now saying that the 2 projects are in competition, not in addition (and Moana is winning). That's surprising to me, but if marketing has its ways, and as Moana sells more goodies than Indy...
Both rides are great anyway and I would be happy with either (and ecstatic with both)

AndyS2992

And regarding Adventureland, some people are now saying that the 2 projects are in competition, not in addition (and Moana is winning). That's surprising to me, but if marketing has its ways, and as Moana sells more goodies than Indy...
Both rides are great anyway and I would be happy with either (and ecstatic with both)
Great news..kinda, I'd love to have both but Moana makes much more sense. DLP needs a water ride especially since the summers are so hot in Paris plus it will be a new exclusive attraction whereas Indy will just be a clone of a 23 year old ride and is Indy even that popular any more? I'm not so sure.

Robert.W

This worries me a little. I'd personally much rather they went for the Indiana Jones ride. They would basically be duplicating an already proven ride, and it would "complete" the Indiana Jones themed mini land within Adventureland. It's also an attraction that can easily operate year round.

Going for Moana instead... whilst the actual ride they develop might sound great, and be great as an experience, I worry about how seamlessly they would be able to intergrate that with the rest of Adventureland. In addition, it being a water ride would likely decrease its popularity during the colder months, if not close the ride completely during adverse weather (snow).

Of course, I understand the need for a water ride.. it's something that Disneyland Paris severely lacks. Going back to the Indiana Jones theme, and the original proposed Indiana Jones mini land, I believe one of the proposed rides was a take on the Jungle Cruise... which is something I think would be much better suited to the climate, and more easily integrated with Adventureland.

My thoughts aside, it's still great to see that TWDC have plans to bring much needed attractions to Disneyland Paris! :)

shortstop

Now back to the rumors. I've heard pretty much the entire upgrade plan for Phantom Manor, but I think that ruins the magic to know? I will try to put it in spoiler marks when I access a pc, if there is interest.
I would love to hear the plans. Sadly I didn’t get to experience PM on my first trip to DLP this summer which was a disappointment because this is the ride I was most looking forward to experiencing there.

JohnyKaz2078

Great news..kinda, I'd love to have both but Moana makes much more sense. DLP needs a water ride especially since the summers are so hot in Paris plus it will be a new exclusive attraction whereas Indy will just be a clone of a 23 year old ride and is Indy even that popular any more? I'm not so sure.

Not really and, to be honest, everyone has heard about Indiana Jones. The franchise is still popular as evidenced by the Temple of the Crystal Skull that came out in 2008 (19 yrs after the Last Crusade) and still made $786 million in the box office including $40 million in France. That's why Disney is planning to release a 5th film in 2021 (although it keeps getting pushed back). If IJA were to open in DLP it could along with the new movie.

atjimfromdisney

The Indiana Jones Ride (phenomenal of course) would give an opportunity for a mini land, which could be "fitting" for that area of adventureland. I think regardless of the potential interest in Indiana Jones of future generations, the ride it self would absolutely be enjoyed by all, IMO.

"Splash Mountain" addition would certainly work for most of the year, and I believe they could certainly work the ride to include water canons could be used throughout to add a refreshing factor to the attraction that could be turned off at lower temperatures (winter season).

I think a surprising pleasant addition would be a jungle cruise esque ride which you could include seasonal overlays and really theme it to whatever they care to. All in all, any additions will be welcomed ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom