Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Back from another trip.

I wanted to mention the recent Flight Force additions. It’s amazing what simple star effects can do. The interior is now littered with laser projected star dots and it’s made a world of difference to the experience. No longer a ride with black voids, it’s now easy to figure out your speed, direction and orientation. Is the ride perfect? No. But it’s far better than when it opened.

Sir_Cliff

Back from another trip.

I wanted to mention the recent Flight Force additions. It’s amazing what simple star effects can do. The interior is now littered with laser projected star dots and it’s made a world of difference to the experience. No longer a ride with black voids, it’s now easy to figure out your speed, direction and orientation. Is the ride perfect? No. But it’s far better than when it opened.
Very happy to hear this and it makes a lot of sense. Honestly, it was puzzling that they left so much of it pitch black in the first place.

Looking forward to returning in December to check it out for myself!

Supersnow84

Nah, this is precisely what all the parks across the world need (but in particular WDSP could have done with it, a proper family coaster that adds kinetic energy to a new land and starts to bring up the ride count). Highly themed, C/D ticket family-type attractions that give a capacity boost, split the crowds more and have something to do without necessarily attracting massive crowds like an E-ticket would.
I’m not saying you are wrong from the Paris perspective but HK might be the worst of the 12 parks to get that type of expansion because HK just doesn’t have enough E tickets

It has what
-mystic manor (fantastic ride that is carrying the title of park headliner when it isn’t really built for it)
-BGRMC (slightly worse big thunder)
-space mountain (worst of the 5)
-iron man experience (worse star tours)

HK actually needs that mega e ticket to encourage people to actually go, not more diffusing kids rides, though to be fair HK has neither a log flume (which FEA kinda is) nor a kids roller coaster so the rides are novel, they just may not be what the park needs

HK’s full land in WDS though would be fantastic

rickreptile

I wouldn't mind that rumored star wars land behind space mountain alongside the world of avatar in the studios park, give those themed areas 1 billion each :p and might as well add a expedition everest in adventureland XD

rickreptile

and what about original concept ride ? Disney Fan's love the idea that Disney copy and paste his famous ride over the globe...
wasn't it rumored that the star wars land would get a coaster that isn't avaiable in the other parks? (speederbike themed if i recall) the rumored lion king land would be orginal concept, i simply want expedition everest and the world of pandora in europe so i can visit those areas/rides a lot easier + the rides can be unique for the world of pandora but i doubt that will happen.

mrflo

Here are the first POV videos of HKDL's Frozen attractions.

"Frozen Ever After" should be pretty much the same for the WDS. Many upgrades compared to the Epcot version - esp. the animatronic faces. Though it does not fundamentally look or feel different.

As expected "Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs" is a pretty short ride and comparable to other junior coasters. I like the theming, landscape and kinetic energy that it adds to the land.

Brummyboy92

That coaster is a lot shorter than I expected, however I still wish we were receiving this in Paris. The resort does not really have a coaster for younger riders, SM, Indy, Crush, BTM, Iron Man are all quite intense and this could have been a solid addition for the kids, kind of the step between Casey Jr and BTM.

I like the sightlines from the queue and coaster, the imagineers have done a great job.

Sir_Cliff

That coaster is a lot shorter than I expected, however I still wish we were receiving this in Paris. The resort does not really have a coaster for younger riders, SM, Indy, Crush, BTM, Iron Man are all quite intense and this could have been a solid addition for the kids, kind of the step between Casey Jr and BTM.

I like the sightlines from the queue and coaster, the imagineers have done a great job.
Yeah, I guess I wish WDS was still getting it. Still... wow, I don't think I was expecting it to seem quite so short!

mrflo

Im surprised too that Frozen ever after is essentially an updated version of Maelstrom with Frozen and that they didn't go for a completely different ride.
Frozen Ever After at Epcot had to get shoehorned into the layout of Maelstrom. Hence, I would have also expected the new versions to benefit from the freedom of building it from scratch. Having watched the POV again I think there are too many fillers or transitions that come across as a bit bland and could have been improved. It is far away from the quality and timing that you have in classic rides like PotC.

Now I am even more curious what the version for TDS will look like.

UNCgolf

That's almost embarrassingly short. It's barely a minute long from load to unload, and the actual coaster portion is what, 30-40 seconds? People complain about Seven Dwarfs Mine Train being too short and it's at least twice as long.

I will also never get over them just cloning Frozen Ever After, which is a mediocre (at best) attraction hamstrung by the need to fit into an existing space. Why would you build more of them when you don't have the constraints of the original location? They could (and should) do so much better.

Last edited:

Kevin_W

Yeah, I guess I wish WDS was still getting it. Still... wow, I don't think I was expecting it to seem quite so short!

That is comically short. The ride and the queue are beautiful and it's a great addition to the land... from the outside. IT is comparable to other junior coasters, I suppose, but for all that work it feels like it should be longer.

When my DD was young and we rode Barnstormer she even felt it was short at that age. It was nice at the end of the night when they would sometimes let us ride 2x through without getting off when there was no line.

Haymarket

Are they not going to get rid of Studios 1-3 and build something like what's now at California Adventure?
547edb6e9efbb0772f698983bbc7f864.jpg
2014-02-21_0040.jpg
hq720.jpg
WD100_DCA_BVS_Concept_Night_03-3.jpeg
bvsat57967931-800x400.jpg
DCA+20.jpg

hollywood_land_overview.jpeg
Hollywood_Pictures_Backlot_at_DCA.jpeg

This just doesn't look right:
disneyland-paris-expansion-parc-walt-disney-studios-scaled-1.jpg

Last edited:

BrianLo

Frozen Ever After in HK is about 60-90 seconds longer than the Maelstrom version. It's subtle, but the scenes definitely breath more and are more spaced out. Particularly the drop down to Castle/village and the Trolls. It feels more like a fleshed out attraction I think as a result.

The coaster is exactly a Junior coaster but well themed. It's hard because you know what you are getting with Barnstormer or Flight of the Hippogriff, but then you also have kind of a crummy trade off of under themed. The coaster is hopefully mostly a few minutes wait (max ten minutes) in HK otherwise people will walk off disappointed.

SplashJacket

Here are the first POV videos of HKDL's Frozen attractions.

"Frozen Ever After" should be pretty much the same for the WDS. Many upgrades compared to the Epcot version - esp. the animatronic faces. Though it does not fundamentally look or feel different.

As expected "Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs" is a pretty short ride and comparable to other junior coasters. I like the theming, landscape and kinetic energy that it adds to the land.

Honestly, HK’s FEA looks incredible. It looks like an E-ticket, which is a huge job well done.

The coaster looks absolutely fantastic as well, from queue to exit, it just needs double the ride experience, but otherwise, looks like a home run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom