Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

cjkeating

Anyone else feel like the Frozen themed land is stalling in building? Never see an actual difference when construction pictures are posted.
I haven't seen any recent photos but I know they have started some carpentry works as well as the wire rock work mesh so I think things are progressing. Remember (it is a bit stereotypical) that France tends to take leave in August so I'd expect fewer people have been working over the summer holidays than normal.

AndyS2992

Having seen Hong Kong's Frozen Land with the rollercoaster included and then seeing Paris's without it, makes me a little bitter that they've cheaped out on this park once again. And the fact there's really nothing else around the lake other than Frozen land now is just a disaster. The two other lands better be something spectacular when they finally do arrive.

cjkeating

Having seen Hong Kong's Frozen Land with the rollercoaster included and then seeing Paris's without it, makes me a little bitter that they've cheaped out on this park once again. And the fact there's really nothing else around the lake other than Frozen land now is just a disaster. The two other lands better be something spectacular when they finally do arrive.
Wait until you see a full POV... maybe people would be happy with Barnstormer with rock work but for the price it will have cost we are honestly better without it.

Sir_Cliff

Wait until you see a full POV... maybe people would be happy with Barnstormer with rock work but for the price it will have cost we are honestly better without it.
I suppose the question is what they are doing with the money they saved. So far, it just seems like they've banked the savings. They've also cancelled the second land they announced as part of this expansion without announcing anything in its place.

UNCgolf

If the coaster is that bad, then is this one of Disney's biggest wastes of money in terms of expansions?

We already know Frozen Ever After is not a good ride, and instead of fixing it without the constraints of the EPCOT location or building something totally new, they just cloned it. So it's going to be a new land with two mediocre to bad attractions and nothing even remotely approaching E ticket/headlining status?

To be fair, I don't know what else they're adding in terms of dining etc., but if you're building a whole new land with two attractions you'd hope at least one of them would actually be really good.

J4546

I don't think the coaster is bad at all.... I think most people think it's a great fit in the land and park. It's small yes but themed beautifuly as is the entire land. Great job on this one imo

Also imo fea isn't a terrible ride and my gf loves it (rat too) as do many other people that's why it's always an hour long line to ride it.Hkeep in mind hk has nothing like this at the park so its all new for them. Hk also got those new animatronics which hopefully come to epcots version cause they look phenomenal

Last edited:

AndyS2992

Perhaps, though I’d say it was more comparable to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and look how popular that is for a highly themed kiddy coaster. The park has two rather ‘intense’ coasters already, a nice looking kiddy coaster wouldn’t hurt.

UNCgolf

I don't think the coaster is bad at all.... I think most people think it's a great fit in the land and park. It's small yes but themed beautifuly as is the entire land. Great job on this one imo

Also imo fea isn't a terrible ride and my gf loves it (rat too) as do many other people that's why it's always an hour long line to ride it.Hkeep in mind hk has nothing like this at the park so its all new for them. Hk also got those new animatronics which hopefully come to epcots version cause they look phenomenal

I have no idea if the coaster is good -- that was just based on comments above from others.

As for Frozen Ever After... it has an hour long line because it's Frozen, not because it's a good ride on its own merits. It has good AAs (other than the faces) of the characters and features songs from the movie and that's enough for people who love the IP.

Last edited:

LondonTom

Nah, this is precisely what all the parks across the world need (but in particular WDSP could have done with it, a proper family coaster that adds kinetic energy to a new land and starts to bring up the ride count). Highly themed, C/D ticket family-type attractions that give a capacity boost, split the crowds more and have something to do without necessarily attracting massive crowds like an E-ticket would.

Kev1982

No, we do not know that. Some people (you , apparently) might have such an opinion. But that doesn't make it fact.
Its a good ride (very good ride) in a park without darkrides (except Ratatouille). I like it though. So does my 4 year old. It will do great in WDS. Agreed on the really strange layout the park will have. They ll have to fill up those empty spaces fast or the expansion will not exactly hit the right notes.

cjkeating

I suppose the question is what they are doing with the money they saved. So far, it just seems like they've banked the savings. They've also cancelled the second land they announced as part of this expansion without announcing anything in its place.
Whilst we all know GE lite isn't coming... I think it's wrong to say the 2nd lake land is "cancelled" as if you believe GE lite is cancelled surely you have to believe Lion King land is coming? And if you believe that then you should believe it looks like a 3rd land will follow a couple of years after the 2nd? Officially GE lite is still on the concept art of the construction walls and Natasha has said the theme of the third land is being "reviewed."

Last edited:

cjkeating

Perhaps, though I’d say it was more comparable to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and look how popular that is for a highly themed kiddy coaster. The park has two rather ‘intense’ coasters already, a nice looking kiddy coaster wouldn’t hurt.
Seven Dwarf's Mine Train - 2001ft
Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs - 977ft
Barnstormer - 794ft

Just trying to keep expectations in check.

Sir_Cliff

Whilst we all know GE lite isn't coming... I think it's wrong to say the 2nd lake land is "cancelled" as if you believe GE lite is cancelled surely you have to believe Lion King land is coming? And if you believe that then you should believe it looks like a 3rd land will follow a couple of years after the 2nd? Officially GE lite is still on the concept art of the construction walls and Natasha has said the theme of the third land is being "reviewed."
At this point, who knows. I assume there is a second land coming at some point, but no idea of when, what, or if it will be any more or less than what was initially proposed. Lion King as a theme still seems like an odd idea for a land to me considering the film is set in a world without any signs or structures, but maybe they'll just ignore that. 🤷‍♂️

At any rate, I find it difficult to be happy that they saved money on the Frozen area based on the idea that money will be spent elsewhere on the park as none of the plans so far reflect that happening. It also leaves the new land exceptionally light on attractions.

As a guest, if the choice is between a visually appealing but underwhelming coaster or nothing, I would take the the former.

Last edited:

Kev1982

At this point, who knows. I assume there is a second land coming at some point, but no idea of when, what, or if it will be any more or less than what was initially proposed. Lion King as a theme still seems like an odd idea for a land to me considering the film is set in a world without any signs or structures, but maybe they'll just ignore that. 🤷‍♂️

At any rate, I find it difficult to be happy that they saved money on the Frozen area based on the idea that money will be spent elsewhere on the park as none of the plans so far reflect that happening. It also leaves the new land exceptionally light on attractions.

As a guest, if the choice is between a visually appealing but underwhelming coaster or nothing, I would take the the former.
Absolutely.
Picked my son of school yesterday. It was raining. Distance from the car to the school was half of the distance from studio 1 to Frozen and i was drenched. I dont see how people will make this walk in bad weather for but one attraction 🤷🏼

tanc

If the ride is anywhere near as good as Enchanted Tale Of Beauty And The Beast I would be happy. I truly believe videos do not do enchanted tale justice, as that ride to me is by far one of the best things to come from WDI in a while. I really hope they give the attractions the proper attention it deserves, and not make another Frozen Ever After. As in, Frozen deserves a proper E ticket attraction and it'd be cool to see it finally done.

Honestly this new expansion makes me want to visit Paris, since as much as I would love to see DisneySea, many of the rides there are down for maintenance next year and the crowds will likely be completely insane.

cjkeating

At any rate, I find it difficult to be happy that they saved money on the Frozen area based on the idea that money will be spent elsewhere on the park as none of the plans so far reflect that happening.
The Frozen Land is being built as planned and per the concept art. There has been no money saved.

BrianLo

If the ride is anywhere near as good as Enchanted Tale Of Beauty And The Beast I would be happy. I truly believe videos do not do enchanted tale justice, as that ride to me is by far one of the best things to come from WDI in a while. I really hope they give the attractions the proper attention it deserves, and not make another Frozen Ever After. As in, Frozen deserves a proper E ticket attraction and it'd be cool to see it finally done.

Honestly this new expansion makes me want to visit Paris, since as much as I would love to see DisneySea, many of the rides there are down for maintenance next year and the crowds will likely be completely insane.

FYI, Paris is only getting the slightly tweaked Frozen Ever After. Tokyo is getting the something significantly more ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom