Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

AndyS2992

F2R4he9XUAEoIi6
Well, it's a start. I'd rather they move the 'Partners' statue to it's rightful place in the hub of Disneyland park in front of the castle, people will whine it's blocking the castle projections/fireworks but meh, it's where it is in other parks. And then with those planters, the Mickey one is fine but they should put a statue of Walt on the other side as they both point down the street. I would like to see a replica of the Roy and Minnie 'Sharing the Magic' bench statue placed somewhere in this area also.

cjkeating

Well, it's a start. I'd rather they move the 'Partners' statue to it's rightful place in the hub of Disneyland park in front of the castle, people will whine it's blocking the castle projections/fireworks but meh, it's where it is in other parks. And then with those planters, the Mickey one is fine but they should put a statue of Walt on the other side as they both point down the street. I would like to see a replica of the Roy and Minnie 'Sharing the Magic' bench statue placed somewhere in this area also.
Is it just me who finds all the Walt statues a bit unnecessary? I get it at DL and MK was his project but... after that... he's very removed from the rest of the international parks.

I may have this feeling because after Walt's death the company stagnated because they were all trying to second guess "What would Walt have done?" and they had to move on from that... but nowadays whenever they are doing something bad in the parks they roll out the Walt quote about "Disneyland will never be completed." to justify doing something because it is cheap/easy/mandated from up above.

cjkeating

In principle both paths (will) lead towards a weenie. The issue is that the Frozen castle is much further away from the Studio 1 exit than the DLP castle from Main Street Station. This is also reflected in the visualisation of the building permit. If you compare both views below, the castle fits perfectly in the spot drawing attention to itself while the Frozen one in WDS is hardly noticeable. Hopefully this will still look better in reality and from a different angle. One of it is a masterclass example of Theme Park design, the other one probably not so much. 🫤

DSC07463.jpg
F2R4he9XUAEoIi6

Image sources: Touringplans.com / DLP Works
Overtime the view will become more of a draw when Frozen is flanked by another land on either side. I also just noticed that the animation building hat is a very pointy pyramid!

AndyS2992

Is it just me who finds all the Walt statues a bit unnecessary? I get it at DL and MK was his project but... after that... he's very removed from the rest of the international parks.

I may have this feeling because after Walt's death the company stagnated because they were all trying to second guess "What would Walt have done?" and they had to move on from that... but nowadays whenever they are doing something bad in the parks they roll out the Walt quote about "Disneyland will never be completed." to justify doing something because it is cheap/easy/mandated from up above.

True, but the park is called Walt Disney Studios, have to incorporate him in somewhere lol Though point being, they have a statue one side and nothing on the other and it being not symmetrical bothers me a little. A nice fountain similar to the one at DHS and DCA would look nice in that planter space on the left also.

LondonTom

A reveal of a long path down to a castle... where have we seen this before? Oh yes Main Street! :D
If they were giving us the Hollywood Boulevard version of Main Street I'd be for all it. I absolutely adore that stroll (And a couple of restaurants /snack places would be grand, you could then have less in Studio 1 giving everyone more room👀)

It just looks, incredibly empty (And yeah once Arredelle is in properly in place, in person it could look a lot better if your eyes are not drawn ...to the long empty path so much 😂)

Markiewong

If they were giving us the Hollywood Boulevard version of Main Street I'd be for all it. I absolutely adore that stroll (And a couple of restaurants /snack places would be grand, you could then have less in Studio 1 giving everyone more room👀)

It just looks, incredibly empty (And yeah once Arredelle is in properly in place, in person it could look a lot better if your eyes are not drawn ...to the long empty path so much 😂)
The problem is dat Studios lacked green, trying to increase that percentage by throwing everything into one single lane is a choice. But it is probably the main reason for not building a Hollywood version of main street. I think a more quiete green space instead of another busy area is a welcome addition for Studios.

Last edited:

JakeDLP

I don't view the lake promenade a main street. I see it as, Frontlot: Town square, Studio one : Main Street, Hollywood boulevard: Main Street continued. With the tower of terror and Floor rosette being the parks hub. I see the promenade as an additional area, sort of like the street after carthay circle in DCA that's between cars land and avengers campus leading up to Pixar Pier.
The problem is dat Studios lacked green, trying to increase that percentage by throwing everything into one single lane is a choice. But it is probably the main reason for not building a Hollywood version of main street. I think a more quite green space instead of another busy area is a welcome addition for Studios.

mrflo

A few additional observations from the video:

- That is the latest view of the construction site I have seen in a couple of days. Progress seems to be steady but slow and I have a hard time seeing this opening by spring or summer of 2025. Hopefully things will accelerate. But so far winter 2025 seems more realistic to me.

- Weather has not been that great in Central Europe over the last couple of days. Nevertheless the spot in the lake looked particularly windy in the video. We have talked about this before that there is hardly any shelter between Arendelle and Studio One. Considering how open the lake area is to the elements, it does not look like this will be a pleasant place to be during rainy or in particular cold & windy weather.

- I have seen several comments online how unprofessional this video looks for a company like Disney. On the one side you can say it is just a little insta video. Yet I have to agree that I am not particularly impressed how DLP is handling the overall communication about the expansion. And this is not something you can blame on budget cuts as DLP even seems to have a dedicated Comms Manager just for Imagineering projects in Paris. Even local parks like Europa-Park are doing a way better job in teasing and informing about upcoming new attractions. Hopefully we will get at least something new at the D23 event next month.

J4546

like the new greenspace but DSP is still such a massively ugly and convoluted park, hopefully after the Lake and Frozen Land, the next addition is really really stelllar because DSP needs something spectacular

mrflo

Maybe they are shooting footage for the D23 event next month - including a preview of the DLH.

And here we go:

As to be expected, no real news was presented except this nighttime version of the Frozen land artwork.
Frozen-Nighttime-Rendering-copyright-scaled.jpg

The new Star Tours adventures will include Ahsoka and open spring 2024.

The full summary can be found here:
DESTINATION D23: IMAGINEERS LIFT THE VEIL FURTHER ON DISNEYLAND PARIS PROJECTS

We should get more details on the re-imagined Disneyland Hotel when the booking starts on Sept 12.

Disneyland-Hotel-31.jpg
ROYALBANQUET_ART_WDI_CONCEPT.jpg

I am so not a fan of the shown artwork style they seemed to be going for the hotel. Still hoping they have picked something more sophisticated like artwork by Mary Blair as well. Those character posters look so cheap for a premium hotel.

LondonTom

ROYALBANQUET_ART_WDI_CONCEPT.jpg

I am so not a fan of the shown artwork style they seemed to be going for the hotel. Still hoping they have picked something more sophisticated like artwork by Mary Blair as well. Those character posters look so cheap for a premium hotel.
Just really confused by Royal Banquet as a concept now from what they said in the video. Just seems to be Any IP they see fit 😂

My hopes for Cafe Fantasia are not optimistic at the moment 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom