Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

UNCgolf

I think it looks better than the EPCOT version because it's not as barren (although it's still pretty barren in places, like the Let It Go scene) and the AAs don't have the terrible projected faces, but it's essentially the same flawed attraction. Sprucing it up only goes so far.

Sir_Cliff

I think it looks better than the EPCOT version because it's not as barren (although it's still pretty barren in places, like the Let It Go scene) and the AAs don't have the terrible projected faces, but it's essentially the same flawed attraction. Sprucing it up only goes so far.
I generally think it looks better, except for that first Olaf. In the Epcot version when you're looking up at him, his movements seem very fluid and natural. In the video I have seen of this, you can see where the AA is attached.

LondonTom

Here are the first POV videos of HKDL's Frozen attractions.

"Frozen Ever After" should be pretty much the same for the WDS. Many upgrades compared to the Epcot version - esp. the animatronic faces. Though it does not fundamentally look or feel different.

As expected "Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs" is a pretty short ride and comparable to other junior coasters. I like the theming, landscape and kinetic energy that it adds to the land.

FEA is pretty much what we all expected, a very slight update to the shoehorned-in Epcot version. Solid enough for what it is.

I wish they had changed it up slightly more, I mean they could have kept the same basic concept and improved the layout/added one or two scenes (I'm surprised they haven't tried adding in Frozen 2 scenes? But I guess design would have been before that came out?)

I knew people said the sleighs were short but didn't realise quite how short they meant 😂 especially if you take away the lift hill. For all the theming, another 20 seconds or so of more gentle curves would have been great, just to balance how long the queues might be but they should hopefully balance out over time 😂

Even with how short it is, I think WDSP could have done with it.

Sir_Cliff

I'm no longer mad about WDSP not getting the coaster. For how much they likely spent, that kind of money could go to another attraction elsewhere along the lake.
I kind of agree, except that it's been a long time since the land was announced without the coaster and what's happened in the meantime is that even less has been promised rather than anything extra so I think the money has just been saved by Disney. I'm sure eventually they'll announce a second land for the lake, but I find it hard to believe the money saved on the coaster will have anything to do with the budget they ultimately approve.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

i donnt get the hate on the coaster. it was always gonna be a small juior coaster like gadget/hippogrif/barnstormer, its just a very well themed version.

It's a nice looking ride, but there's no substance to the experience. I saw a video of the queue and it's another example of one that's more elaborate than the ride itself.

It's all frosting and no cake to me.

Rush

Every castle park has it's JUNIOR coaster and this is what it is for HKDL. It's elaborately themed (certainly the best themed junior coaster I've ever seen) and compliments the land very well, which is probably what's confusing to a lot of people since the level of attention given to this kind of attraction is unprecedented.

UNCgolf

Every castle park has it's JUNIOR coaster and this is what it is for HKDL. It's elaborately themed (certainly the best themed junior coaster I've ever seen) and compliments the land very well, which is probably what's confusing to a lot of people since the level of attention given to this kind of attraction is unprecedented.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a much better themed junior coaster than this. It's also twice as long.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

DLP never had a budget for the coaster... it was never in the Frozen plans? They haven't saved anything on Frozen?
But that's kind of the point about why I don't understand being happy about them not spending the money to build this. Them 'saving' the money on this didn't result in any extra attractions, it's just not there.

I will say, though, I'm not sure the ride itself serves much purpose beyond scenery. It does also make the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train look like a bonafide E-Ticket.

Vegas Disney Fan

That coaster is shockingly short, it’s wild how Disney will spend hundreds of millions on beautiful scenery and theming and then skimp on the actual ride length to save a million or two. They did it with 7DMT, they did it with Slinky, and now they’ve done it with this. That few million saved will mean nothing over the 30+ year life of these rides. It’s such short sighted thinking.

SplashJacket

That coaster is shockingly short, it’s wild how Disney will spend hundreds of millions on beautiful scenery and theming and then skimp on the actual ride length to save a million or two. They did it with 7DMT, they did it with Slinky, and now they’ve done it with this. That few million saved will mean nothing over the 30+ year life of these rides. It’s such short sighted thinking.
Absolutely agree it’s short sighted, since the barrier of entry to making an attraction in the first place is so high, might as well make it good.

That said, it wouldn’t cost an extra million or two to double this coaster’s length. Nor would it cost an extra million or two to make slinky longer (but they absolutely should’ve made slinky and this longer), but the cost per foot on this ride and 7DMT are very high, so it’s not that cheap to make it that much longer. As for slinky, it literally has no excuse, because it doesn’t have much dressing up around it’s existing track.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom