Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Sir_Cliff

I mis-posted this in the WDW forum initially.

I read elsewhere that the Rapunzel spinner won’t open until 2026 either. Is this true or misinformation?

Please tell me it’s not true. 😫🫣
Maybe they're having those artisans who worked on restoring the castle turrets lovingly handcraft the ride vehicles?

Overall, the announcements did feel like they're not really in a hurry to do much with DLRP nor do they really know what to do with the resort. Just seems to be slowly plodding along with fairly random additions here and there.

Gusey

So they didn’t announce an opening date?

I’m going to try and find out the source. Will probably find it’s the site that shall not be named.
We know that World Premiere and World Premiere Plaza will open 2025. Frozen, Adventure Bay night show and Disney Adventure World 2026. Frozen and Regal View Restaurant have a chance of opening in 2025, especially as the exteriors are finished for both

nickys

Premium Member
We know that World Premiere and World Premiere Plaza will open 2025. Frozen, Adventure Bay night show and Disney Adventure World 2026. Frozen and Regal View Restaurant have a chance of opening in 2025, especially as the exteriors are finished for both
Yeah, the post I saw summarised the DLP news and seems to have jumped to several erroneous conclusions.

I really hope they do open Adventure Way next year, just to open up the park and get rid of the dead ends.

SplashJacket

HUGE NEWS for the DAW Lion King Flume.

The concept art showed single-file seating, but the model shows 3 rows of 4. The single-file concerned me about the scale and scope since the capacity would’ve suffered dramatically, but 12-person vehicles for a log flume is very good.
IMG_5091.jpeg

IMG_5092.jpeg

Also worth noting almost none of the land is outside. I assume they’ll build the ride to not get you wet during the winter.
IMG_5090.jpeg

DaDo

Could they potentially move rhythms of the pride land over to the Lion King land? As the show is actually always very busy, it could lead to People visiting WDS. Same time they'd have space for a new show in Frontier...

I still hope for a Star Wars addition in Discoveryland but who knows if they will ever add to the main park

Toni25

Monsters.jpg

When I saw the Monstropolis ride...am I the only one that thought how amazingly that would fit in the massive building between Ratatouille and Crush? Even more so for the fact that it's Pixar and the park lacks a Monsters presence.

cjkeating

I really hope they do open Adventure Way next year, just to open up the park and get rid of the dead ends.
I would be surprised if they don't open the connecting pathways to allow people to get to Avengers, Alice and TSL once they are able to do so. Whether or not it includes Tangled is a separate question.
Could they potentially move rhythms of the pride land over to the Lion King land?
In short no. I would expect ROTPL to have run it's course by the time LK opens and a new show takes its place.
When I saw the Monstropolis ride...am I the only one that thought how amazingly that would fit in the massive building between Ratatouille and Crush? Even more so for the fact that it's Pixar and the park lacks a Monsters presence.
I think this would be a great replacement for Crush [as discussed before the ride should not exist in a Disney park due to capacity] the only issue is I think this building would be too imposing in this location even if it is themed unlike the Crush blue box.

DLR92

I’m so jealous of Paris having a Lion King Fume ride. A Splash Mountian style is lacking at the flagship resort.

Coco is perhaps the only good thing coming to California. The rest are…well I just don’t care for Marvel. And most of all Avatar doesn’t make sense with California theme at all. What forceful way to put in our mouths.

BrianLo

There were so many announcements, but my only distinct thought on Paris was ‘oh, I guess I better delay my trip until the later half of 2026’.

@wdwmagic is right, this entire thing strangely lacks a signature land. As nice as I think Lion King will be, it’s just another one off attraction. How much worse would DLP’s slate have looked if DAK got the only thing cloned of the whole presentation?

DCA has Radiator Springs, Grizzly Peak and soon to be both Pandora 2.0 and oddly Avengers campus (just from attraction density) that I would rate above any land on offer at the built out DAW. Maybe even the pier post Coco - as incoherent as it is.

Sir_Cliff

There were so many announcements, but my only distinct thought on Paris was ‘oh, I guess I better delay my trip until the later half of 2026’.

@wdwmagic is right, this entire thing strangely lacks a signature land. As nice as I think Lion King will be, it’s just another one off attraction. How much worse would DLP’s slate have looked if DAK got the only thing cloned of the whole presentation?

DCA has Radiator Springs, Grizzly Peak and soon to be both Pandora 2.0 and oddly Avengers campus (just from attraction density) that I would rate above any land on offer at the built out DAW. Maybe even the pier post Coco - as incoherent as it is.
Yes, it’s very strange that they’ve managed to spend so much money to build such an underwhelming park.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, after this is all finished it would still be hard to justify visiting this park as anything other than an add-on to a Disneyland Paris visit. For all their faults, I don’t think that’s true of any of the WDW parks: I could see people choosing to add any one of them to a non-Disney vacation in the area for one reason or another. You could also make the case for skipping MK in favor of any of the other parks. Really can’t imagine that happening with this park.

Gusey

Whilst true, the whole 2 billion euro expansion funded:
  • Avengers Campus
  • Cars Road Trip
  • World Premiere & World Premiere Plaza
  • Pixar: Better Together
  • World of Frozen
  • Lion King
  • Adventure Way & Bay
  • New Nighttime Show
  • Alice Stunt Show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom