Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

cjkeating

Don't forget that Iger, in answering a stockholder's question once said that Disney Hollywood Studios was getting a new name.
DHS was meant to be renamed. Lots of work was done developing names, doing research, focus groups etc. But the problem is all of the names were bad/didn’t resonate with guests. Therefore I don’t think Bob was wrong perse… he probably spoke during the renaming process not being aware where this was leading.

cjkeating

Not really an announcement for Avatar in Paris quite yet. But having the CEO mentioning Europe as the potential and logical location for an Avatar land is at least something.
I agree. Pandora is logical for Paris based on its box office success and being a “ready to go” land either from DAK or whatever version 2 is at DLR. If he knew Pandora had been ruled out for WDSP but was under consideration for SHDL he could easily have just said Asia and not include Europe.

Jordan dby

The change from experience to land to me does indicate that they have scaled up ambitions, either because of $$$ or because feasibility studies on the land.

People in those positions choose their words very carefully, a misspeak can cost millions in market cap.

Maybe "Europe" means they are considering a new disney resort somewhere, or he just forgot where DLP was.

Gusey

Quick sanity check, doesn’t WDSP already have a bunch of mediocre spinners? Doesn’t it need like full actual experiences?

Is there an eventual plan to replace the bad spinners, hence let’s make a good spinner that’ll stay forever?
The original plans saw Alien Swirling Saucers where the Tangled garden is now going, so there was always a plan to a add a flat ride in that section of the lake promenade. It is a case of giving guests something to do on the way to Frozen until the 3rd land (formerly Star Wars) gets built, then eventually Cars Road Trip and the Alice in Wonderland show will be replaced with new attractions

Indy_UK

Surely the Aladdin Spinner is going away?

Is the plan to make everyone so dizzy with these spinners to make you think your in WDW or something?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom