Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

LondonTom

Pricing really isn't at breaking point, I'm not sure where you got that impression from? Yes there was noise about the new Annual Passes or DLH has some wild pricing. But if you are spending 1000 Euro on a hotel room what's a 100 Euro dinner? If you don't want that you have most other hotel buffets 35-40 Euro.
Yeah, but when that 100-euro dinner is basically the same as the other buffets? People are going to question what they are actually paying for. You have the character premium, but I am surprised they didn't improve the offering food-wise at all. Especially as other locations improved.

Also, the people I know just in my little DLP circle, were all going 4/5 times a year pre-covid, thats mostly down to twice or even once. (Especially with the new APs, I don't think anyone renewed). That circle wasn't people on tight budgets either, that was people staying on site from the UK, buying merch, and spending hours in the cocktails bar (actually drinking too, not just sipping).

So prices are having an effect, it all depends if the price increases balance against losing people who don't see value in the resorts. Will be interesting the further we move away from people being locked up for 2 years too.

Well, Sequoia has started -and is the last - for the complete overhauls. And apart from the lack of USB we don’t find anything wrong with it currently.
Well the mattresses could do with something better 👀😂

wdrive

Yes but I've heard there are no longer bikes. Which I was most looking forward to!

I heard this also but there is a new audition notice , I presume it’s still for the Alice show
IMG_6963.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
. I personally like the choice of Lion King over Star Wars as it provides that diversification from the US products. Something about WDSP only receiving copies a decade later isn’t going to move my needle as much.
TBF I don’t think that many Europeans are well versed that GE is in the US parks / one of the attractions was coming to Paris. Personally I’d take Rise over a LK ride but that’s just me. In an ideal $60B world the park would get both.

cjkeating

Meanwhile at Tokyo DisneySea who announced a couple of months later (Though I think DLP's Adventure Isle is a little better than Neverland but they are getting a ride too).
Rapunzel's Forest would have been a really cool addition to the lagoon 👀

Let's not forget the initial announcement for a Scandinavian Port aka Frozenland Version 1 was announced April 2015 so nearly 9 years ago.

mrflo

Let's not forget the initial announcement for a Scandinavian Port aka Frozenland Version 1 was announced April 2015 so nearly 9 years ago.
To be fair, they still delivered the impressive Beauty and the Beast area and more than doubled down on the TDS expansion. I definitely admire the Japanese's operating companies aim to deliver the very best and challenge Disney to do even better. Would be amazing if some of that 60 billion money will significantly enhance and not just replace elements of the originally announced WDS plan within the next 3 years as well.

Talking about Fantasy Springs, does anyone already know more about the ride system for the new Peter Pan attraction? It looks like the proposed Avengers ride - potentially also coming to WDS - would get the same system.

FcLlZF5acAErSw4-1536x1152.jpg
OCR-L-MARVEL-ETICKET-0913-01.jpg

I guess it's like the ride system already being used for Transformers or Spiderman at Universal. But I am also getting Back To The Future - The Ride vibes.

mrflo

"On the Morgan Stanley Technology Media and Telecom Conference, Disney CEO Bob Iger confirmed that a second Avatar-themed land called Pandora will be coming to the Disneyland Resort. This announcement added some clarity to the what would be coming to the Disneyland Resort from the Avatar franchise.

During the call, Iger shared that the scope of the project is bigger than some expected. It will be a land. Where this land will be was not disclosed, however. On the call, Iger said, “We have one Avatar-based land, Pandora, in Florida. We’re going to put a second one in in California [at Disneyland]. That doesn’t mean we can’t put one somewhere in Asia and somewhere in Europe, for instance.”"

Source: Disney CEO Bob Iger Confirms ‘Avatar’ Experience to Be a Land at Disneyland Resort

Not really an announcement for Avatar in Paris quite yet. But having the CEO mentioning Europe as the potential and logical location for an Avatar land is at least something. Plus we already discussed the potential synergies of development between the one for DLR, Asia and for Paris. So let's see.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"On the Morgan Stanley Technology Media and Telecom Conference, Disney CEO Bob Iger confirmed that a second Avatar-themed land called Pandora will be coming to the Disneyland Resort. This announcement added some clarity to the what would be coming to the Disneyland Resort from the Avatar franchise.

During the call, Iger shared that the scope of the project is bigger than some expected. It will be a land. Where this land will be was not disclosed, however. On the call, Iger said, “We have one Avatar-based land, Pandora, in Florida. We’re going to put a second one in in California [at Disneyland]. That doesn’t mean we can’t put one somewhere in Asia and somewhere in Europe, for instance.”"

Source: Disney CEO Bob Iger Confirms ‘Avatar’ Experience to Be a Land at Disneyland Resort

Not really an announcement for Avatar in Paris quite yet. But having the CEO mentioning Europe as the potential and logical location for an Avatar land is at least something. Plus we already discussed the potential synergies of development between the one for DLR, Asia and for Paris. So let's see.
You're quoting an article on a Disney blog which is quoting what Iger said, which has been quoted in this thread several times.

Originally, this was to be an "Avatar Experience." With Iger *seemingly* calling this a "land" it brings up the question:

1. Is it now really a full *land*?

OR...

2. Did Iger misspeak?

mrflo

You're quoting an article on a Disney blog which is quoting what Iger said, which has been quoted in this thread several times.
Nope. That's a brand new quote from an investor conference today - not the one from last year.

I am preferring to listen to the actual interview itself or get the full transcript. But so far, several other Disney blogs have been sharing that Disneyland Resort can expect an Avatar land. Iger also did not mention Avatar expansions outside of the US last year.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Nope. That's a brand new quote from an investor conference today - not the one from last year.

I am preferring to listen to the actual interview itself or get the full transcript. But so far, several other Disney blogs have been sharing that Disneyland Resort can expect an Avatar land. Iger also did not mention Avatar expansions outside of the US last year.
My apologies, I thought we were in a different thread.

This quote has been quoted several times in other threads.

And the quote being quoted is indeed from today's interviews.

And it is still confusing based on what was previously said and needs clarification. This wasn't meant as an announcement on Iger's part, he was giving examples to a question asked.

Don't forget that Iger, in answering a stockholder's question once said that Disney Hollywood Studios was getting a new name. That was specifically and officially debunked in a Disney Parks Blog post.

Iger speaking on-the-fly isn't meant to be new news necessarily.

mrflo

Iger speaking on-the-fly isn't meant to be new news necessarily.
True. Though I did not label it as a news per se. We are still a discussion board where we share and talk about all kinds of rumours and potential developments. We are all aware that anything at Disney - even officially announced projects - can change any time. And as we were just recently discussing about the Avatar expansion for DLR and the potential implications for Paris, I thought it would be interesting to share the latest quote on this project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom