Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Kevin_W

Paris is soo slow lol, it's not even exciting to follow. Every month it's like we added a new shingle! Universal will build epic universe in the time this has taken for just this 1 ride land lol

I've posted this elsewhere, but I have a new appreciation for Disney timelines when they took 1.5 years to build a Turkey Hill gas station a couple miles from my house. 1.5 years for a gas station. Disney isn't the only one with slow construction.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Paris is soo slow lol, it's not even exciting to follow. Every month it's like we added a new shingle! Universal will build epic universe in the time this has taken for just this 1 ride land lol
I’m not usually much of a defender. But marshy beet fields. Infrastructure. A lake. Covid (unlike the US it did slow things down in Europe - a lot). Everything built in concrete (per planning rules) as opposed to steel.

It’s barely 3 years yet since construction work began on this part of the expansion.

Last edited:

Dr.GrantSeeker

I’m not usually much of a defender. But marshy beet fields. Infrastructure. A lake. Covid (unlike the US it did slow things down in Europe - a lot). Everything built in concrete (per planning rules) as opposed to steel.

It’s barely 3 years yet since construction work began on this part of the expansion.
What is the current time line for the completion of WDS Park? Is there even any estimated year for all the construction to be done?

TiggerDad

What is the current time line for the completion of WDS Park? Is there even any estimated year for all the construction to be done?
1707107224087.jpeg

mrflo

I would not be surprised if the Frozen area will not open until FY 2026 (which starts Oct 1st 2025). It seems to be common practice now for TWDC to spread the costs for new attractions over as many financial years as possible. Seeing also from the new images how much still needs to be done, I think another 18-22 months until opening might not be unreasonable. Maybe the new garden area will already open earlier next year.

I don't think construction on the third land (LK) will start until Frozen is reaching completion - like with Avengers Campus before. They also have not even filed the construction permits yet. Meaning if they start construction in summer 2025, the third land would have the earliest opening date in 2028.

Indy_UK

Please tell me this lake will have a loop with a bridge that goes over part of the lake itself which I assume is for brining in/out floats and stuff?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom