Toy Story Playland

twebber55

Except that when walking around Pixar Place you're not toy sized, the Pixar Studio is just decorated like a Value Resort. That would still need to be reworked to better connect everything together. otherwise your normal size, then small, then normal, then small.
yeah this is one of my concerns for this project...how do they connect all these IPs beyond just saying Pixar Place

SpaceMountain77

For me, it is truly hard to appreciate fragmented rumors and speculation because we do not know the planned unifying theme for the reimagined studios. The idea sounds like it has the potential to be well executed, but how does it relate to the park's new overarching storyline?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
those in the known who sometimes are against a lot of what Disney has been (or not been haha) doing over the years so what they are seeing and hearing is impressive - so we'll just have to take their word for it and see what the end results may be. As we all know things change throughout the projects

lazyboy97o

For me, it is truly hard to appreciate fragmented rumors and speculation because we do not know the planned unifying theme for the reimagined studios. The idea sounds like it has the potential to be well executed, but how does it relate to the park's new overarching storyline?
Everything seems to indicate that Disney is following the contemporary Universal Studios model that is heavily influenced by Islands of Adventure. You'll have a more generic introduction based on movie making romance followed by the ability to enter lands that are the more complete realization of a certain movie's world.

Jrn14

These types of flat rides seem to do better when integrated into a themed area, but are NOT the only thing in the themed area. Maters is a perfect example, as are the teacups and carousel. The areas that people seem to have issues with are the ones that are shoe-horned in (Flying Carpets) or given a dedicated space (TSPL, C&H)

If they were to give us Maters, next to a well themed dark ride, next to a well themed restaurant, next to a well themed D or E ticket, I don't think people would complain. The problem is that isn't easy to accomplish, quickly/cheaply/in stages, the way opening an entire area is.

Exactly! I'm not against a flat ride when you have a little bit of extra space in a well themed land, but creating a "land" just for some flat rides just doesn't sit well with me.

Donald Razorduck

These are very cool pieces of art! Are they Disney or for somewhere else?
It's for a European park. Over the past five years, euro parks have started to take theming fairly seriously.
Where are those concept pics from? They're amazing!
Plopsaland De Panne

I do suggest everyone see the new Mack ride system they used for their new ride at Europa. Just Google "Arthur Europa POV".

Disney loves to reuse ride systems. Could we see a Star Wars speeder coaster based off the Tron Coaster system? Supposedly, it's a Vekoma and this is supposedly the rest of the world concept of that system:
http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/family-coasters/single-car-launch-coaster

Donald Razorduck

Speaking of mickey's Fun Wheel...I thought that might be an idea to go in Disney Springs and just charge admission to ride (like the big wheels they have at some other vacation destinations now like pigeon forge, myrtle beach, Atlanta, etc). Could look nice lit up at night and watching everyone waste their money on it :)
Yes, that would have been fantastic! Disney seems to have a good relationship with Landry's Corp. (Rainforest cafe, T -Rex,ect.) They own Kemah Boardwalk outright and that's a place that mixes it's restaurant brands with rides I could see that with a dueling track wood coaster as a huge hit.
Here's Kemah
4gZ4wrQAr2LtlVr_hwZ-QAYspRIi_1x3uVXx8vBP6fZZ14-ONSRckhncloYG-IFA4DMSiWgUBdJ3stx87AO_LMAYVtpjtlD26em7CLgp9UIf6hU2yuuKimmqt2j_r6vzrhn-LlwdYubtvw-mg0A=w600-h293-nc

space42

It's for a European park. Over the past five years, euro parks have started to take theming fairly seriously.

Plopsaland De Panne

I do suggest everyone see the new Mack ride system they used for their new ride at Europa. Just Google "Arthur Europa POV".

Disney loves to reuse ride systems. Could we see a Star Wars speeder coaster based off the Tron Coaster system? Supposedly, it's a Vekoma and this is supposedly the rest of the world concept of that system:
http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/family-coasters/single-car-launch-coaster

Sigh - imagine what Disney could do with this ride tech! seeing rides like this make me even less excited for Soarin' 2.0

NormC

It is funny how so many are against something that firstly hasn't even been confirmed and is still speculation and secondly if built is only a fraction of the potential expansion/upgrade. I suspect it would not be a clone of TSPL but more of a mixed Pixar version. I also feel like it would be successful in DHS (DHA) as it is lacking in things to do for the younger crowd. Even the TSPL in Paris has better theme-ing than Chester and Hester's although if you want to quibble that point Chester and Hester's is intended to look like a roadside carnival that just pulled of the interstate so they succeeded in that. I think we should wait until we actually get some confirmation on the plans. So far the only thing confirmed by insiders here is the third track on TSMM.

Fox&Hound

Sigh - imagine what Disney could do with this ride tech! seeing rides like this make me even less excited for Soarin' 2.0

Wow. What did I just watch? The was cool...and weird. Is there a story there? Seems disjointed but maybe I missed something. Cool idea though!

SirLink

Those things can't be making much money at all. At DCA, they at least arguably fit the theme. Pixar Studios does not, I don't think, have carnival games on the lot.

1)It is Pixar Place with subland themes. NOT Pixar Studios.
2)With Midway Mania going to be running up next to TSPL components you can bet on the fact they will place Midway games that cost extra all around to get a larger return on investment.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
2)With Midway Mania going to be running up next to TSPL components you can bet on the fact they will place Midway games that cost extra all around to get a larger return on investment.

The subland of Toy Story also does not have games you pay for, so it doesn't fit that theme either. It's certainly possible they'll put in games, but they didn't in Paris, and I don't think they will here. A gentleman's bet, then.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
In Chester and Hester's, the midway games make sense with the story of the land (which I like and did not need to be told, which is a side discussion not for here).
I highly doubt the same would be said for any "story" they might decide upon for this (rumored) area.

SirLink

The subland of Toy Story also does not have games you pay for, so it doesn't fit that theme either. It's certainly possible they'll put in games, but they didn't in Paris, and I don't think they will here. A gentleman's bet, then.

Paris they don't Midway Mania either so of course carnie games won't work in that location. Florida you have Midway Mania which is basically "Free Carnie Games: The Ride", hell even at Tokyo they introduced carnie games to play outside of the ride.

BrerJon

Most Americans have far lower expectations of quality than the rest of the world does though, there is little interest in rides like Arthur, as the wait times for mediocre attractions like Toy Story Mania or Soarin' show. The new Soarin' will be an enormous hit, so there's just no reason to build attractions on the scale of Arthur in US parks when guests still keep coming and paying hugely inflated prices regardless.

If guests wanted attractions on that scale, you can bet they'd be asking for them in guest surveys, but they don't - they want extra capacity on existing rides and the ability to book advance Fastpass far more than anything new.

Last edited:

SirLink

In Chester and Hester's, the midway games make sense with the story of the land (which I like and did not need to be told, which is a side discussion not for here).
I highly doubt the same would be said for any "story" they might decide upon for this (rumored) area.

Woody and gang want more toys to compete in their Midway games as such Woody and the gang have set up new attractions to draw them to the Midway.

Done and done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom