Toy Story Playland

wdrive

Eh, these additions are similar to Dumbo or the Mad Tea Party, which have always been welcome. DHS and DAK could both use more flat rides to help fill up your day without an E Ticket line.

Dumbo and the teacups were built in 1955 really, the nostalgia helps them. I'm not 100% flat rides are still the way to go. A family ride doesn't have to be a flat ride.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Dumbo and the teacups were built in 1955 really, the nostalgia helps them. I'm not 100% flat rides are still the way to go. A family ride doesn't have to be a flat ride.
This is true. But the budget isn't unlimited either. A dark ride is usually family friendly, but costs much more to build, operate and maintain. DHS has 5 rides left. That number need to at least double, but ideally be more like 12+. There is realistically no way that they are going to add 5 to 7 D/E ticket dark or thrill rides.

They can add an area with 3 flat rides, a kids play area and some decent theming for half the price of a dark ride. That brings the ride count to 8. If the rest of the Pixar expansion is actually 2 dark rides and Star Wars is an e-ticket plus another smaller ride that gets the total up to 12. If they skip the TSPL area the money saved isn't going to be enough to add anything significant and they have plenty of space to build it. Even if you skip the rides or avoid the area completely it at least spreads crowds and will help reduce overall wait times.

wdrive

This is true. But the budget isn't unlimited either. A dark ride is usually family friendly, but costs much more to build, operate and maintain. DHS has 5 rides left. That number need to at least double, but ideally be more like 12+. There is realistically no way that they are going to add 5 to 7 D/E ticket dark or thrill rides.

They can add an area with 3 flat rides, a kids play area and some decent theming for half the price of a dark ride. That brings the ride count to 8. If the rest of the Pixar expansion is actually 2 dark rides and Star Wars is an e-ticket plus another smaller ride that gets the total up to 12. If they skip the TSPL area the money saved isn't going to be enough to add anything significant and they have plenty of space to build it. Even if you skip the rides or avoid the area completely it at least spreads crowds and will help reduce overall wait times.

I completely understand where you're coming from but if they can afford to spend billions of dollars on wristbands they can afford to build better things than flat rides.

They could skip the TSPL area and build something better in its place.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I completely understand where you're coming from but if they can afford to spend billions of dollars on wristbands they can afford to build better things than flat rides.

They could skip the TSPL area and build something better in its place.
It's not that the company can't afford to spend the money. Every project has a budget. Every ride can't be an E-ticket which cost a lot to build and a lot to maintain and operate. Every theme park has to have a mix. DHS is actually heavy on E-ticket rides but needs more volume of rides to fill out the park. The E-ticket money for this project is going to be spent on Star Wars. What the Pixar section needs are some good, fun rides that fit the theme.

wdrive

It's not that the company can't afford to spend the money. Every project has a budget. Every ride can't be an E-ticket which cost a lot to build and a lot to maintain and operate. Every theme park has to have a mix. DHS is actually heavy on E-ticket rides but needs more volume of rides to fill out the park. The E-ticket money for this project is going to be spent on Star Wars. What the Pixar section needs are some good, fun rides that fit the theme.

There's still options that lie between flat rides and headlining E-tickets.

Personally I'd rather they left whatever space that is going to be used for TSPL empty and wait a few more years for something better. I've visited TSPL in Paris and while it looks nice and fills a gap it's not great, it's just okay and, to be honest, I want better than 'just okay'.

Next Big Thing

There's still options that lie between flat rides and headlining E-tickets.

Personally I'd rather they left whatever space that is going to be used for TSPL empty and wait a few more years for something better. I've visited TSPL in Paris and while it looks nice and fills a gap it's not great, it's just okay and, to be honest, I want better than 'just okay'.
We wouldn't be getting the TSPL that's in Paris. We'd actually only be getting 1/3 of it if rumors are true.

Mike S

Yes but it would be the same basic idea with a similar style of rides.
If the latest rumor about a Buzz Lightyear version of the LPS ride that's replacing Luigi's Flying Tires in California turn out true it definitely would be a bit more than your standard flat ride. Also everyone says how fun Mater's is so if we are getting a Woody themed version of that too it could be a pretty nice addition. I'm with everyone in saying that there better be more than just TSPL for that side of the park. There definitely is room for more.

Goofyernmost

You are correct, but, I think that all theme parks are at an awkward point. You hear massive amounts of complaint about "screens" and, lets face it, dark rides with animatronics are culturally outdated. Those of us that grew up on and were initially impressed by animatronics are still fans and wish to see them wherever they can be put. Those that are more modern technological oriented, are happier with screens. There is just not much that people will be happy with, so they have to start someplace and something that can be put together quickly and help take up some of the need, is fine. There is nothing wrong with themed "flat rides" anyway other then we want to see something better. In the words of the Rolling Stones... "You can't always get what you want, but, you get what you need."

Next Big Thing

Buzz and Woody's Toys-O-Rama would be a great addition........to Carowinds.

These are the McNuggets of theme park attractions. Therefore perfect for the discerning palate of todays WDW guests. Garish, with limited capacity.
You've made you're opinion known about this, but everything can't be an E-ticket. It just can't and the park needs added capacity and just general things to do badly. The capacity may not be great, but there are D/E tickets that are planned.

I don't see why rides like this are perfectly fine at MK, DL, DCA, etc, but when it's an addition to a park that needs things to do while we're waiting for the D's and E's, it's suddenly frowned upon. Hell, Maters is looked at as a really nice, fun family C-ticket out west.

twebber55

You've made you're opinion known about this, but everything can't be an E-ticket. It just can't and the park needs added capacity and just general things to do badly. The capacity may not be great, but there are D/E tickets that are planned.

I don't see why rides like this are perfectly fine at MK, DL, DCA, etc, but when it's an addition to a park that needs things to do while we're waiting for the D's and E's, it's suddenly frowned upon. Hell, Maters is looked at as a really nice, fun family C-ticket out west.
agree...this is the first part of this expansion and something that will be somewhat of a little people eater

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom