Toy Story Mania queue is a mess

scpergj

If true, the problem is most likely stupid guests (yeah, I mean STUPID). Last time I was there (a year ago next weekend), I couldn't help but notice the people dropping trash, touching EVERYTHING...even sticking gum to walls and props.

I understand that Disney must keep things clean, and may not be doing it as well as they used to but after just an hour I bet that entire que is trashed...and there is nothing they can do to clean it until after they close for the night.

SirGoofy

This is why most American queue props are not within reach of the guests. Because most Americans will destroy anything they can get their hands on.

This is why most American queue props are not within reach of the guests. Because most Americans will destroy anything they can get their hands on.

You are exactly right about that. I've also seen a very nasty looking TSMM a few months ago. I think they have to go through on a regular basis and constantly re-paint and replace queue props because of destructive guests. They used to have a protective sheet of plastic....kind of like a musuems to protect some of the displays. They took those down.

Dang, the paint was peeling everywhere at Buzz last time I rode it because people go through and destory the queues.

*TOUCH TOUCH PEEL PEEL*

EPCOTPluto

And it's why I am happy that our TOT (OT, I know! :rolleyes:) doesn't queue through the main lobby & pass right through easily removable items like at either DL or TDS (I forget...). There's always that one person that has to touch everything!

Iceviper123

That's a shame. :(

From what I heard the Disney parks in Asia are ridiculously clean.
The people have a huge amount of respect of props and stuff.

Paris is spotless it's just sometimes there needs some fresh paint or lights.
Trash isn't a problem. :shrug:

Big Cheese

Weird, I was just in that queue everyday for a week and it didn't seem to bad. The crayons were peeling but I think that adds to the whole effect of being a kids room.
Who didn't peel their crayons??!!:shrug:

EpcotServo

They clean it every single night, if you were there in the mid-day or night it's most likely trashed because it's been a busy day. They've been cracking down on bringing food and drinks in, but on a crowded day there's nothing you can do. I suggest riding when it opens-Everything still looks neat and shiny. Even with the horrible guests, it's still the best queue on property, if not tied with Everest, another queue too beautiful for the yocals...

They were smart enough to install glass, problem is that they beat and smashed THOSE up, followed by sticking trash inbetween the glass and walls.

:brick:

stitch & lilo

TSM is really one of the most beatup lines:hurl:. my boys and i were in legoland california and the new egypt area had opened 6 days prior, and there was a whole section of a building that had been picked clean! it had cool hyrogliphics and nasty rude 'people' had to deface it. Disneyland was kinda dirty, WDW is much cleaner.

EpcotServo

I did recall the clear paneling at the FP line. I wondered why it was removed. :rolleyes:

Yeah, every week they were having to unscrew the paneling and clean out all the Fastpasses, Park Maps, Times Guides, Used Napkins, etc. that they were shoving into it.

We can't have nice things.

disneysroyal411

Last time I was at TSMM there was a family with two young boys. The two boys then went under the bar and started climbing all over a few of the props. Then a polite cast member came over to tell them to stop, very politely. After she left the boys then went out to climb all over the props again, and the mom and other guardians didn't do anything. They just took some more pictures.

This made me so mad I was ready to go yell at them. People like that just irk me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom