Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

The Matterhorn in Disneyland is unrideable for me. It used to be once a trip, but I didn't do it at all last summer. Space Mountain in Florida I'll generally ride a couple times per trip, and I'd say 75% of the time I spend more than 6 hours in that park, I ride Space Mountain. In California, I ride Space Mountain at least once per day, no questions asked.

Back to Toy Story. Can anyone confirm that Toy Story Mania will only run two tracks until Toy Story Land opens? It's starting the day with 95 minute posted waits now.

Rteetz

The Matterhorn in Disneyland is unrideable for me. It used to be once a trip, but I didn't do it at all last summer. Space Mountain in Florida I'll generally ride a couple times per trip, and I'd say 75% of the time I spend more than 6 hours in that park, I ride Space Mountain. In California, I ride Space Mountain at least once per day, no questions asked.

Back to Toy Story. Can anyone confirm that Toy Story Mania will only run two tracks until Toy Story Land opens? It's starting the day with 95 minute posted waits now.
The third track did not seem to be in use when I rode last week.

Swoosh32

Attachments

• 9CE2F649-0711-488F-B692-8DD2B38D856D.png
    9CE2F649-0711-488F-B692-8DD2B38D856D.png
    385.1 KB · Views: 383

No Name

I thought that pretty much from the start, Disneyland’s included “Midway” and WDWs didn’t...?

No, both say "Midway" on the attraction signs but not on promotional materials. It's a fight between imagineering and marketing. Related entities chose between the two and most went with marketing's name, so I guess Dr. Blonde and her colleagues can have a cupcake party to celebrate.

At D23 2015, Chapek called it Toy Story Mania. At D23 2017, he called it Toy Story Midway Mania. Dude's playing both sides! :cool:

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anaheim's version is about to double down on the "Midway" theming with Pixar Pier. TSL has the opportunity to make the new entrance more clearly an entrance into a "Midway" that Andy/the toys set up for self-entertainment. Bring back the Mr. Potato Head barker... and voila... a Midway!

CJR

Here's a list of things that we can see still needing to be done:
  • Finish the new entrance to Toy Story Mania. Currently it's just the metal frame with some structural stuff attached. No visible overflow queue yet added.
  • Finish decor on Alien Spinning Saucers. We can't see inside the building quite yet, but we do know the ride system is installed. Most of what's left to do appears to be the roof and surrounding building.
  • Finish the quick service/restroom building. I can't remember it's progress right now.
  • Slinky appears to be the most complete, with recordings of it running on the track available in this thread. Again, decor and set pieces need to be finished up.
  • Landscaping is slowly happening. Trees and various big things have been installed, but there's still plenty of bald dirt right now.
  • The pathway appears to be mostly finished but still probably has some work still left to do.
  • I don't think the fence on the back of Midway Mania is installed yet. This is a big one.
So I'd estimate a few more months before they consider AP Previews. It's chugging along, but there's a ton of detail work and even just structural for a few buildings.

From what I can tell, they also haven't even started work on the new exit path from Toy Story Mania.

They could briefly have people exit from the current Pixar Place entrance, if it's not ready with the rest of the land though.

CJR

Bioreconstructs latest aerials show they have started a bit. And it's not like it's that much anyway

I should rephrase, barely started. The path is supposed to snake the side of building. Lots of dirt right now, not much else. The path itself shouldn't take too long, but the model shows a decent amount of props and trees with a box like structure at the end, almost past where those walls currently go. It shouldn't take long to do, but I wouldn't call it an over night project. They still have to fill in the area between the two sets of construction walls too, which I'd imagine will mostly be trees. [Edit] Nevermind that, I guess that's going to be a backstage gate (gates on both sides) area to allow service to TSMM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom