Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

EricsBiscuit

Yeah I hear all about MK's SM but nothing of the Matterhorn? I had to take Advil after doing the TL side! They need to completely replace the track on that thing. If not Advil or Tylonal should sponsor it!

Kman101

Yeah I hear all about MK's SM but nothing of the Matterhorn? I had to take Advil after doing the TL side! They need to completely replace the track on that thing. If not Advil or Tylonal should sponsor it!

The Matterhorn is ridiculously painful (and I feel like it get it's fair share of complaints) but for me it's more fun to be tortured on it than Space Mountain.

smile

looks more like Lincoln Logs.

certainly does

Disney decided it was so bad it needed replacing

let's just hope the workers like daft punk

Why do people want smooth you’re going through Space for heavens sake. Space Mountain in MK is a riot...we laugh all the way through.

sm remains a hoot - possibly even moreso considering her condition.

growing older, closely alongside many of us...
smooth? nah. but, take on as many riders as she's had and let's see how elegantly you stroll ;)

Slowjack

Is this maybe a FP versus standby thing? Because standby SM has felt fine to me the last few times I have ridden--not buttery smooth, mind you, but not jarring. And I'm the sort of person who won't ride wooden coasters because they're so rough.

GlacierGlacier

It will be interesting to see what kind of refurb may be in store for Space Mountain once Tron is up and running. Would seem like a logical time to do major track work or replacement once there is something to take some of the lost capacity.

Back to Toy Story Land, does anyone else think that it looks like there is still a lot of work left to do before summer?
Here's a list of things that we can see still needing to be done:
  • Finish the new entrance to Toy Story Mania. Currently it's just the metal frame with some structural stuff attached. No visible overflow queue yet added.
  • Finish decor on Alien Spinning Saucers. We can't see inside the building quite yet, but we do know the ride system is installed. Most of what's left to do appears to be the roof and surrounding building.
  • Finish the quick service/restroom building. I can't remember it's progress right now.
  • Slinky appears to be the most complete, with recordings of it running on the track available in this thread. Again, decor and set pieces need to be finished up.
  • Landscaping is slowly happening. Trees and various big things have been installed, but there's still plenty of bald dirt right now.
  • The pathway appears to be mostly finished but still probably has some work still left to do.
  • I don't think the fence on the back of Midway Mania is installed yet. This is a big one.
So I'd estimate a few more months before they consider AP Previews. It's chugging along, but there's a ton of detail work and even just structural for a few buildings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom