This building

Attachments

• 364A062E-B22B-40A4-BE39-46D872282CC8.jpeg
    364A062E-B22B-40A4-BE39-46D872282CC8.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 207

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sorry- I was not specific. When you enter over by where the Jack Sparrow attraction was. I understand the original woody area was scrapped but as you come in from that end (by the current entrance of midway) there is a small building to your left (as if you were headed toward the coaster). What is that building if not merch?
This building
The new entrance and extended queue to TSM.

CJR

I know decisions are definitely made by now, but it's too bad they can't convert the entrance to Pixar Place into something like a store. They might need a gate there for emergency purposes, but otherwise, it seems like a store would fit nicely there, on the way to the land. I'm a bit surprised they didn't think to expand merchandise opportunities with the new land. Even Pixar Place has a very small shop.

Very odd since if the cart can't hold the same amount of merch as the current Pixar Place store, there will actually be less merch available at DHS once Pixar Place closes. That'll change once Star Wars Land opens though.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, January 22, 2018. The queue for both FastPass and Standby are now outdoors in front of (either side) of Toy Story Mania. A portion of the queues are under the roof lines, out of the sun. The lines meet at the double doors to the left of the original entrance, which is now the direct entrance to Toy Story Mania. A cast member confirmed that the original entrance is now closed so they can complete the new entrance in the rear of the building and connect to the existing indoor queue. The cast member stated the outdoor queues will be in place until late spring or early summer when Toy Story Land will open.

Here is the new entrance to Toy Story Mania, with the Standby queue on the left and FastPass on the right. The cast members feed guests into the doors from here.

IMG_0097.JPG

The Standby queue is near the Cars display.

IMG_0096.JPG

Goofyernmost

I know decisions are definitely made by now, but it's too bad they can't convert the entrance to Pixar Place into something like a store. They might need a gate there for emergency purposes, but otherwise, it seems like a store would fit nicely there, on the way to the land. I'm a bit surprised they didn't think to expand merchandise opportunities with the new land. Even Pixar Place has a very small shop.

Very odd since if the cart can't hold the same amount of merch as the current Pixar Place store, there will actually be less merch available at DHS once Pixar Place closes. That'll change once Star Wars Land opens though.
They still need a reason to entice people to Disney Springs and the World of Disney mega store. They always want you to have a reason to go there as well.

No Name

When I went to the movie theater a few weeks ago, there was a lengthy ad for DHS that showed off and discussed Toy Story Land, MMRR, and SWGE. I don't believe there was any new art or valuable information, but hearing their attempt to forge a theme between anything was amusing. I can't find it anywhere online. Has anyone seen it and/or knows where I could find it?

Last edited:

CJR

A portion of the queues are under the roof lines, out of the sun.

This will be fun for standby people once we get more rainy weather. Better bring an umbrella if rain is forecast and/or hope to be under the roof section when it pours.

Thanks for the update!

EDIT: I also read that the third track they added is closed, which can make the lines longer.

Last edited:

DisneyDrew

Photo update as of Monday, January 22, 2018. The queue for both FastPass and Standby are now outdoors in front of (either side) of Toy Story Mania. A portion of the queues are under the roof lines, out of the sun. The lines meet at the double doors to the left of the original entrance, which is now the direct entrance to Toy Story Mania. A cast member confirmed that the original entrance is now closed so they can complete the new entrance in the rear of the building and connect to the existing indoor queue. The cast member stated the outdoor queues will be in place until late spring or early summer when Toy Story Land will open.

Here is the new entrance to Toy Story Mania, with the Standby queue on the left and FastPass on the right. The cast members feed guests into the doors from here.

View attachment 258603

The Standby queue is near the Cars display.

View attachment 258605
The queue has been like this since January 5th. Was at DHS on the 4th and everything was normal but then it was like this on the 5th, weird queue and walls inside everywhere.

smile

When I went to the movie theater a few weeks ago, there was a lengthy ad for DHS that showed off and discussed Toy Story Land, MMRR, and SWGE. I don't believe there was any new art or valuable information, but hearing their attempt to forge a theme between anything was amusing. I can't find it anywhere online. Has anyone seen it and/or knows where I could find it?

sounds amusing...
emerged yet, by chance?

anyone?

Rob562

(sigh) I still can't believe they're going the oppressively-long exit path route... I've not seen how the paths and station are set up for the third track, but at least for the original two tracks I've always felt that hey could reconfigure the interior queue, flip the load/unload sides of the station and have the exit be generally still be on the same side of the building as the entrance. Kinda like Mission to Mars and AE were: enter in the middle, and then depending on which track you ride you exit out either side, but still out the front side of the building.

-Rob

hpyhnt 1000

(sigh) I still can't believe they're going the oppressively-long exit path route... I've not seen how the paths and station are set up for the third track, but at least for the original two tracks I've always felt that hey could reconfigure the interior queue, flip the load/unload sides of the station and have the exit be generally still be on the same side of the building as the entrance. Kinda like Mission to Mars and AE were: enter in the middle, and then depending on which track you ride you exit out either side, but still out the front side of the building.

-Rob

Real question is - will it be worse than the seemingly never ending (and terribly themed) exit hallway for Mars side of Mission: Space?

-Tangent- There are quite a few attractions with what could be considered "oppressively long" exit routes when you think about it. Soarin's is pretty long (and boring). It's a long walk upon exiting Splash Mountain before you get back inside the railroad berm; same thing with Space Mountain (though arguably it's one of the best themed exits of any attraction). Safaris and FoP are both decent exit walks, too, though you could say each helps enhance the immersion factor of their respective lands. -End tangent-

We'll have to see how TSM stacks up. Unfortunately, I'm guessing it won't be much more than some shrubbery and popsicle stick railings. Themed, but "meh" overall.

KrazyKat

They should have taken Pixar Studios and turned it into an area where guests could meet all the different Pixar characters from all the films since its already appropriatly named. Wonder if there are plans to take the stuff from there and add it to Toy Story Land like the barrel of monkeys or other giant props?

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

How many minutes before someone expresses their disappointment that Disney would false advertise a land the isn't even open yet much less have people on the rides? If you can't trust promotion what can you trust?:eek::D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom