Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Wikkler

• Crush's Coaster added to the Seas - No... take Nemo out of DAK and Epcot, add it to Pixar Place at DHS
Well Epcot needs anything it can get right now and a toon that moderately fits the pavillion is better than a toon that does not, even though I wish they would eliminate them altogether. Also... can we please have each IP in only one park, please? (Nemo, Frozen, Toy Story are the big offenders)
  • Matterhorn and Switzerland added to Epcot - I'm all for adding a new pavilion, but I'd much rather see something from South America
Agreed--and a sub-Saharan African pavilion would also be nice (preferably South Africa to reduce overlap with Harambe).
  • Coaster added to Pandora - probably not necessary. I'd rather them fix Dinorama and/or add Australia
Fully agree.
  • Speedway re-themed to Cars - No... remove the speedway and recreate the concept based on Cars in DHS. That would open up a huge Fantasyland adjacent area - the most valuable land in WDW.
I'd prefer Radiator Springs Racers, but I've heard that might not be possible due to space or weather concerns so if they have to downsize, a replica of the speedway wouldn't be ideal for me. I'd prefer faster, electric cars. If they really wanted the nauseous gasoline smell use the smellitizers and keep it toned down and within the ride limits.
  • Great Movie Ride needs to be gutted. I'll give you Mary Poppins, Casablanca and Wizard of Oz. I'd consider anything else on the chopping block. On a smaller scale would TCM fix the audio please? Robert Osborne sounds like Kylo Ren coming through the vehicle speakers and then you can't hear anything in the Western scene.
Great Movie ride really is dated and I'm not one of the people who wants to preserve every scene. On the other hand, I get that people go to Walt Disney World to experience, well, Disney... but animated Disney films are not the only films worth celebrating and if you're trying to get a non-Disney ride turned into a Disney ride you're gonna give Disney ideas.

WhatJaneSays

I have no conformation on this, but it comes from a reliable mouse that Creative Costuming has already been moved off property (or is in the final stages of moving) somewhere closer to Orlando proper. If that's true it seems like an odd move, unless it's a "temporary" location.

Also there have been a good number of construction safety reminder signs put up recently in many backstage areas.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have no conformation on this, but it comes from a reliable mouse that Creative Costuming has already been moved off property (or is in the final stages of moving) somewhere closer to Orlando proper. If that's true it seems like an odd move, unless it's a "temporary" location.

Also there have been a good number of construction safety reminder signs put up recently in many backstage areas.

I don't know if it's related but there was just a permit filed for "Interior Improvements" for 7100 Municipal drive. Disney has used this building for a while now although I don't know exactly what is done there.

Capture.JPG

WhatJaneSays

I don't know if it's related but there was just a permit filed for "Interior Improvements" for 7100 Municipal drive. Disney has used this building for a while now although I don't know exactly what is done there.
At one point I know there was a Disney call center over in that area ... but that office might have been consolidated over to Celebration? If it's vacant and decent enough sized that could be a good candidate.

maxairmike

That would be the Orlando DRC office. Still in use. Disney also occupies most or all of the newest office building on Kirkman Rd. though I don't know what goes on there. I think maybe software dev stuff and other IT kind of things.

Tay

Aren't most coasters and flat rides built offsite ? I really hope Slinky and the Buzz/aliens rides construction started months ago offsite. Regardless I could see Disney opening up the land when TS4 comes out and have the premiere there. I don't see a problem with that at all. That's smart marketing.

However, the better thing to do would have been announcing SWL , made a decision on the Pixar IP , announced both at 2015 D23 , get the infrastructure ready, started working on Slinky and Buzz ride offsite, announce TSL at the 2017 D23 . TSL opens in 2018, Pixar IP in 2019 and SWL in 2020.

Announcing TSL in 2015 when it'll more than likely open in summer 2018 makes Disney look like a joke. Especially with Universal more than likely opening up Nintendo with 2 E tickets and 2 or 3 C tickets in the same time frame.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Aren't most coasters and flat rides built offsite ? I really hope Slinky and the Buzz/aliens rides construction started months ago offsite. Regardless I could see Disney opening up the land when TS4 comes out and have the premiere there. I don't see a problem with that at all. That's smart marketing.
They are manufactured off site, then assembled on site. Look at the new rollercoaster at seaworld and busch gardens being built as an example.

lazyboy97o

However, the better thing to do would have been announcing SWL , made a decision on the Pixar IP , announced both at 2015 D23 , get the infrastructure ready, started working on Slinky and Buzz ride offsite, announce TSL at the 2017 D23 . TSL opens in 2018, Pixar IP in 2019 and SWL in 2020.

Announcing TSL in 2015 when it'll more than likely open in summer 2018 makes Disney look like a joke. Especially with Universal more than likely opening up Nintendo with 2 E tickets and 2 or 3 C tickets in the same time frame.
Flat rides are more fully built off site, but it'd also be a bit like saying construction starts off site since lumber and steel aren't made on-site.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Orlando Theme Parks News is confirming this....

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/02/walt-disney-world-resorts-creative.html

DisDan

Wait....where was it announced that USF would bring 5 Rides for Nintendo /w 2 E-Tickets? That seems pretty massive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom