Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

Apparently demo has started. The canyon has seen some demo.
Photo from 1/23
IMG_5598.JPG

Next Big Thing

Nah they want to have DHS to be the park you want to visit after MK, hence MK 2.0 ...

They actually to recognise internally that DAK and Epcot are their own concepts.
If they don't be careful Epcot will accidentally fall into being like an MK-characterized park though is what I mean.

They need to really think it through when re-imagining Epcot for a Future World makeover and make sure they are being faithful to the original concept.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
How much presence does Disney have at the Shanghai site? I mean, I know 90% (or more) of the construction team are locals, but does Disney control a lot of the construction oversite internally? Might a lot of their focus be in getting Shanghai open for June, then we'll see the US projects really start to take off? Or is that theory completely impossible?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How much presence does Disney have at the Shanghai site? I mean, I know 90% (or more) of the construction team are locals, but does Disney control a lot of the construction oversite internally? Might a lot of their focus be in getting Shanghai open for June, then we'll see the US projects really start to take off? Or is that theory completely impossible?

I don't know the answer to the main question, but I can't see how this would hold things up since the initial work, demo, site prep, etc wouldn't need much involvement from Imagineering. Permits have already been filed for the site work so the contractor must have plans for what they need to do.

doctornick

Well, it seems likely that part of Shanghai will not be open in June and will continue to be worked on after that the official opening of the park.

lazyboy97o

Disney still controls the art direction but that sort of final installation work doesn't mean anything to early construction. Actual, legal construction administration is handled by the architect who must be registered in the local jurisdiction and is usually with a firm contracted by Disney.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom