Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

dreamscometrue

Reliable Uni insiders have said that a Mario Kart E ticket with no screens and a Donkey Kong mine cart family coaster are the E tickets on the table. 2 or 3 Yoshi and maybe another popular character in the Mario universe flat rides are supposedly coming as well and maybe Peach's castle. They think it'll open in 2019 at the latest.
Those of you interested in this, may have missed (and should check out) the 3 posts in 'The Spirited 11th Hour' thread by @whylightbulb...a very reliable and respected member on these boards.(Posts #385, #439, #450). Not good news if you're a fan.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-spirited-11th-hour.909031/page-20#post-7056397

dreamscometrue

Maybe we should start a separate UNI thread for Nintendo Land since this thread has absolutely nothing to do with Nintendo Land.
That's why in my previous post, I was referring people to 'The Spirited 11th Hour' thread. There's a discussion over there about Nintedo, and some 'insider' info and thoughts. :)

DisneyparkFreak

Well I enjoy it and all my friends enjoy it. It's fun! And I can assure you that none of us are "kids". I don't care if it's a, so called, Z ticket. That is just an image in your own mind anyway. There is no such thing as a "ticket" anymore. The value of any attraction at this point is based on popularity. Continue to live in the past. The line is long enough already, it doesn't need everyone else to queue up.

I agree with the ticket mentality, to me an "E=Ticket" is totally based on your own opinion to me its theming and the immersiveness the ride has such as Splash, TOT, BTMM. I would even consider the 7 Dwarf mine coaster to be an "E-Ticket". but I'm not sure you can equate an attractions line length to popularity when there are barely a handful of rides to begin with. The line at the DMV is long, and I doubt anyone would agree its "popular". If the Great Movie Ride has huge lines is it because its on everyone's bucket-list or because they have nothing better to do while they wait for a fastpass or fantasmic.

I personally love TSMM, I wish there was a way to board without climbing those dang steps, and I love it because it allows me to connect with my daughter and son (and to totally destroy their scores), but once everything else opens the lines will be drastically shorter. TSL will be a great addition to the park and will eat up a lot of crowds, It wouldve been nice for them to add a Toy Story theater where the toys put on a show similar to what the nemo musical is at AK.

Goofyernmost

I agree with the ticket mentality, to me an "E=Ticket" is totally based on your own opinion to me its theming and the immersiveness the ride has such as Splash, TOT, BTMM. I would even consider the 7 Dwarf mine coaster to be an "E-Ticket". but I'm not sure you can equate an attractions line length to popularity when there are barely a handful of rides to begin with. The line at the DMV is long, and I doubt anyone would agree its "popular". If the Great Movie Ride has huge lines is it because its on everyone's bucket-list or because they have nothing better to do while they wait for a fastpass or fantasmic.

I personally love TSMM, I wish there was a way to board without climbing those dang steps, and I love it because it allows me to connect with my daughter and son (and to totally destroy their scores), but once everything else opens the lines will be drastically shorter. TSL will be a great addition to the park and will eat up a lot of crowds, It wouldve been nice for them to add a Toy Story theater where the toys put on a show similar to what the nemo musical is at AK.
Well, you kind of have to look at it with Disney's point of view. You may be right, initially they may look at the extensiveness of the themeing and what they consider immersiveness. However, the entire purpose of the ticket system was an up-charge. It was a way for Disney to make more money. It had nothing to do with the system that we have now. They promote each new thing pretty much the same way... it's always spectacular. However, if they were still counting on specific attractions to bring in more revenue you can bet your last dollar that the one with the biggest line (highest attendance) would be considered a "E" even if it was nothing more the two ropes strung between two barrels. They at one point called the Tiki Room and "E" because everyone wanted to see it. Small world was another one, it was based on what was popular or what they felt would be popular. It has always been that way.

Quality and design would usually be a deciding factor in its popularity, but, it was not even close to being necessary as was proven over and over. Thus we no longer have "tickets" but we pay at the gate. They don't have to rate anything. You go to it if you want or you don't. Much simpler and less concern about excluding those with less money... relatively speaking!

Just for the record... the line at DMV is a necessity, not a choice.

olie64

I grew up with Toystory, so I am excited to see TSL. Yes it may not be SWL but if they do what they look like to be doing with Avatarland it going to be great. I understand some people won't like it, but it is what it is. Can't please everyone and I would say a vast majority of the people will love it and that what matters to Disney. I guess I could be called a fanboy cause I'm only need to the WDW game. I don't know what it was like in the good ol days.

Fun Fact about me, I am in my master program to become a history, currently doing research on the 1950's, could the good old days being remembers as so great be more because of nostalgia then how it actually was. I have no dog in the fight just wondering, first time going that i can remember was summer 2013. I not saying EPCOT couldn't be a lot better, but I really enjoy AK and MK, HS is alright but it will get better on the lands open.

I think we will start to see more attractions geared to popular movies/IP of the 1990's and early 2000's because we are the ones starting families and they will want to get use hooked and coming back. That why I believe they went TSL before say pixarland or something because Toy story the kids of the 90's grew up with.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

One thing about Uni Creative is they chop and change at will until the last moment. They've got too much to choose from. Mt Crumpet was on, off, on off, the JP Coaster was ready to go before Kong, Transformers was greenlit with literally hours to spare before it would be called off. So we will see. As it stands I believe Kong and Mario are ring fenced.
Cringes at the corporate speak... "ring fence"... I'm having PTSD flashbacks from my days in a larger company.

Tay

Maybe we should start a separate UNI thread for Nintendo Land since this thread has absolutely nothing to do with Nintendo Land.
It kind of does since they're both geared toward the same demographic and may open around the same time. It's not like Kong or F&F were mentioned . A friend told me the information a few days ago and I thought it would be cool to share since both lands purpose are to attract families. I should have known better posting something superior to Disney on a Disney forum. My apologies. Back to the Slinky coaster , Buzz/aliens flat ride , maybe Woody ride but more than likely not , hopefully a replica of the Pizza Planet from the movie and meet and greets.

Rutt

It kind of does since they're both geared toward the same demographic and may open around the same time. It's not like Kong or F&F were mentioned . A friend told me the information a few days ago and I thought it would be cool to share since both lands purpose are to attract families. I should have known better posting something superior to Disney on a Disney forum. My apologies. Back to the Slinky coaster , Buzz/aliens flat ride , maybe Woody ride but more than likely not , hopefully a replica of the Pizza Planet from the movie and meet and greets.
Aww muffin, Im sorry that nobody on a thread about TSL wants to read about your Universal projects. Here is a whole thread dedicated to just that for you:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/nintendo-partnering-with-universal-to-make-attractions.899092/
Why not post it there? Wouldn't that kinda make sense?
Pretending that it has anything at all to do with Disney is kinda silly.

As for TSL, I know its early in the game but I haven't really seen much regarding food and eats in this new land yet, any thoughts on that? DHS is kinda short on QS options and with PP going Muppets, Im wondering if a TS and or QS might find their way into this?

olie64

As for TSL, I know its early in the game but I haven't really seen much regarding food and eats in this new land yet, any thoughts on that? DHS is kinda short on QS options and with PP going Muppets, Im wondering if a TS and or QS might find their way into this?

I'm thinking a Woody's round up QS serving cowboy fare would be pretty awesome.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Aww muffin, Im sorry that nobody on a thread about TSL wants to read about your Universal projects. Here is a whole thread dedicated to just that for you:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/nintendo-partnering-with-universal-to-make-attractions.899092/
Why not post it there? Wouldn't that kinda make sense?
Pretending that it has anything at all to do with Disney is kinda silly.

The concept art seems to show a counter service restaurant with some outdoor seating.

Capture.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom