Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

DisDan

It's been speculated two major rides and two minor rides, like flat rides.

The current rumor is Mario Kart and a Donkey Kong Mine Cart roller coaster.

Ohhh so it's mostly just fan speculation then? There havn't been any actual insiders or official announcements confirming this? Sorry, I know this is off topic, but just responding to the poster than mentioned this. I had no idea it would be this massive.

Mike S

Ohhh so it's mostly just fan speculation then? There havn't been any actual insiders or official announcements confirming this? Sorry, I know this is off topic, but just responding to the poster than mentioned this. I had no idea it would be this massive.
The speculation is the two minor rides. Mario Kart and Donkey Kong are real rumors I've read from insiders on OU.

DisDan

That's pretty awesome..... thanks. Now I guess we can get back to our regularly scheduled ON-TOPIC discussion. TSL should have had at least 1 new E-Ticket to go with the Coaster, Aliens, and TSMM

Mike S

That's pretty awesome..... thanks. Now I guess we can get back to our regularly scheduled ON-TOPIC discussion. TSL should have had at least 1 new E-Ticket to go with the Coaster, Aliens, and TSMM
Gut Buzz from Magic Kingdom and build the Shanghai version in TSL.
0377e28a.jpg~original

8ykoO_s-200x150.gif

PizzaPlanet

If the main E for Nintendo is built as I've heard it could give the SWL anchor E a run for its money.

Another E and at least a D are meant to compliment this Nintendo anchor attraction.
That would be great, but I have to wonder if universal is considering cutting back after nintendo's recent lack of success. I hope not, but you never know.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That would be great, but I have to wonder if universal is considering cutting back after nintendo's recent lack of success. I hope not, but you never know.
One thing about Uni Creative is they chop and change at will until the last moment. They've got too much to choose from. Mt Crumpet was on, off, on off, the JP Coaster was ready to go before Kong, Transformers was greenlit with literally hours to spare before it would be called off. So we will see. As it stands I believe Kong and Mario are ring fenced.

Mike S

One thing about Uni Creative is they chop and change at will until the last moment. They've got too much to choose from. Mt Crumpet was on, off, on off, the JP Coaster was ready to go before Kong, Transformers was greenlit with literally hours to spare before it would be called off. So we will see. As it stands I believe Kong and Mario are ring fenced.
From what I've read Donkey Kong is pretty much the JP coaster resurrected. "A good idea never dies" and all.

Tay

Wait....where was it announced that USF would bring 5 Rides for Nintendo /w 2 E-Tickets? That seems pretty massive.
Reliable Uni insiders have said that a Mario Kart E ticket with no screens and a Donkey Kong mine cart family coaster are the E tickets on the table. 2 or 3 Yoshi and maybe another popular character in the Mario universe flat rides are supposedly coming as well and maybe Peach's castle. They think it'll open in 2019 at the latest.

Mike C

... How do you build a mario kart ride with no screens? Curiosity peaked.

No external screens in the ride, but it may use a heads up augmented reality setup in the vehicle to assist. Don't believe the budget comments either, things have shifted around (and will do some more), but it's not going to be anything short of best in class.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom