Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kate F

Also, I hate when people make the excuse that Universal needs to work fast, and that because WDW is the most visited resort in the world, they get to take their sweet time with everything. Being at the top shouldn't mean they are allowed to just stop trying.

ToTBellHop

Also, I hate when people make the excuse that Universal needs to work fast, and that because WDW is the most visited resort in the world, they get to take their sweet time with everything. Being at the top shouldn't mean they are allowed to just stop trying.
What is our recourse other than not going (which folks on a WDW fan site are unlikely to do)?

We collectively shake our heads. Again.

SirLink

What is our recourse other than not going (which folks on a WDW fan site are unlikely to do)?

We collectively shake our heads. Again.

Go for fewer days, don't eat at the parks and don't buy merchandise and wear a Universal T-shirt and talk with a British accent always end up getting pulled into surveys. Make your displeasure that way.

ToTBellHop

Go for fewer days, don't eat at the parks and don't buy merchandise and wear a Universal T-shirt and talk with a British accent always end up getting pulled into surveys. Make your displeasure that way.
Personally, I just spend less time in the parks and more at my resort now (DVC). The resorts are still nice (when you don't have to pay rack rate). I'll take the view from a Wilderness Lodge hot tub any day and any night (but before 8 pm when it closes...).

SirLink

Personally, I just spend less time in the parks and more at my resort now (DVC). The resorts are still nice (when you don't have to pay rack rate). I'll take the view from a Wilderness Lodge hot tub any day and any night (but before 8 pm when it closes...).

That doesn't really matter. If you want to show them you simply don't go spend money on the product.

DisDan

I don't want to defend Disney for their pace on starting construction for TSL. But the truth is none of us know what logistical issues they are facing with operations backstage in that area of DHS where they will be building TSL. Granted, in the amount of time they've had since closing BLT they should have already figured all that out, but we simply don't know the challenges they have faced there. Especially since many of the facilities there services all of WDW, not just DHS

Daveeeeed

I am going to assume they are trying to have at least 6 months to a year between land openings of Pandora - The World of Avatar,
Toy Story Land, and Star Wars Land. Not to mention the frozen ride, and Soarin' Over The World.

ToTBellHop

I don't want to defend Disney for their pace on starting construction for TSL. But the truth is none of us know what logistical issues they are facing with operations backstage in that area of DHS where they will be building TSL. Granted, in the amount of time they've had since closing BLT they should have already figured all that out, but we simply don't know the challenges they have faced there. Especially since many of the facilities there services all of WDW, not just DHS
There are no significant challenges for this particular project. Other than laziness.

Daveeeeed

my guess is by April 2 when all the other stuff closes
Aren't they going to have a new entrance though for the line? it seems kind of silly to open the new track when they are going to have to update it later again. I may be wrong on the opening, but I think Spring, or fall 2017 makes sense from a timing standpoint. And Avatar Will probably be the Summer or fall of 2017. Star Wars probably 2018 or 2019. In the past few years DIsney has been lazy, but I don't understand why people are complaining now that they have three lands within the next 2-4 years opening. Along with Frozen, and the Soarin' update + new theater. I think in the 2020's EPcot will be slowly overhauled, and Magic Kingdom will have frontierland, and Tomorrowland expanded.

Daveeeeed

Realistically I think the coaster will cost around 65 million bringing the entire land's cost to around 120 million. Excluding Toy Story Midway Mania's third track. In a Dreaming world it would be nice to have a Monsters Inc land with an inverted coaster + a D or E ticket dark ride, but if they just update the park pl;us these two lands and add another land next decade I don't see that as bad. Too much at one time leaves less to do at another time. Anticipation relates to excitement, as well as the final product. They do need to ramp up their pace, but I do think they are doing that.

Daveeeeed

Still nothing going on yet? No bulldozers moved in? I'm wondering if nothing is going to start until April 2nd?
They'll probably start the demo sometime in April which could have Toy Story Land easily open the next year, and if Avatar opens in mid-Summer a late fall opening for Toy Story land is very likely, but a Spring opening for Toy Story Land COuld happen if Avatar ends up opening in the fall. Again though they don't want to have them open at the same time. I will assume they've used the time already taken from the Studio Backlot Tour closing to relocate the costuming facilities etc.

Daveeeeed

This is the reason Disney must do it, and it is the very reason they are. Harry Potter. California Adventure they wanted to have a higher attendance. Which of course they do for all the parks, but they really needed it for that park. The close proximity of these lands opening is in a direct response to Harry Potter otherwise this probably would've been laid out over the course of a decade. Hollywood Studios is Universal's main rival, because of its thrills and the theming to hollywood and movies more explicitly shown than any other of the parks. Also Disney's hike on prices is clearly a way for Disney to reduce numbers of visitors while making a killing from those that still go, a clever move by Disney.

Attachments

• IMG_0955.JPG
    IMG_0955.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

They'll probably start the demo sometime in April which could have Toy Story Land easily open the next year, and if Avatar opens in mid-Summer a late fall opening for Toy Story land is very likely, but a Spring opening for Toy Story Land COuld happen if Avatar ends up opening in the fall. Again though they don't want to have them open at the same time. I will assume they've used the time already taken from the Studio Backlot Tour closing to relocate the costuming facilities etc.
Last I heard the costuming facilities are still operating and have not been closed/demoed. Plus I also thought that there was still props left on the Backlot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom