Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

I think DIsney would get ripped off if it costs more. Tsmm expansion probably will be in the numbers for tsl now if this happens it will be misleading. The land there is no way will cost more than 300 million even with tsmm. Now based on the fact that universal could make a much bigger, more thrilling, longer roller coaster (The hollywood rip ride rocket) for 45 million back in 2009 I see no reason why they cannot make this around 65 million. Meaning it could be 70, 75, or 80 million I do not know for sure, and I probably should of said around 65, 75 million, but I didn't think super close details mattered, but I do think that it will cost upwards of 65 million to build the ride.
Midway Mania was budgeted before TSL and is not in TSL's budget. And it is still budgeted above $300m.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
That is true, however MKs attendance in 2012 was 17,536,000 and 19,332,000 in 2014. Besides NFL which really isn't that much to see, MK got this attendance because its MK. I think the general consensus is Disney isn't opening things rapidly or really at all, because they don't need to.
And quite possibly because if they did even more people will come and the infrastructure was unable to handle the load.

Daveeeeed

And quite possibly because if they did even more people will come and the infrastructure was unable to handle the load.
Also true, but if they were to do something massive with huge walkways and like only 1 ride it wouldn't. They could market it as an amazing ride, but not take into account the huge new spaces it occupies. Unlikely they would do that though :)

Daveeeeed

But will it have Tinker Toys supports?
I wouldn't think that would be that expensive to be honest as well with the figures throughout the ride. Main cost is the ride track, line building, and trenches. I think 65 to 75 million range is where it'll go. Certainly not under 65 and not over 80 unless the ride includes the whole flipping land.

Daveeeeed

It's unfortunate because the park gets $2.8 billion and people imagine we will get $2.8 billion worth of something of Wizarding World's quality (which I believe cost about $200 million in TOTAL). We won't.

$2.8 billion would have built three DAKs in 1998. And I understand inflation, but still...three DAKs.
That's also partly because Ak was really bad upon opening, but I see your point.

Daveeeeed

You think that's realistic?

If I may ask, how much do you think Ariel's Undersea Adventure (a clone) cost?
I have no idea where I pulled the number 120 million for the whole land from that was my stupidity I guess. It'll probably be under 200 million with the coaster costing something in the range from 65 to 75 million.

ToTBellHop

I wouldn't think that would be that expensive to be honest as well with the figures throughout the ride. Main cost is the ride track, line building, and trenches. I think 65 to 75 million range is where it'll go. Certainly not under 65 and not over 80 unless the ride includes the whole flipping land.
In Disney coasters, the theming usually costs much more than the track from Vekoma.

I didn't make up the budget for the land. It's an actual line item.

Although it is true they are looking for savings on projects right now. Maybe we will lose the 20-ft Jessie doll ;)

Daveeeeed

A launched coaster can be purchased for $22 million.
Scenery costs most of Disney's ride budgets. Obviously not for simulators though. I think the reason this is going to cost this much is the ride will cost about 50 million I would think, and the scenery plus the ride's queue line, and loading station should cost under 25 million based on the concept art. Disney can spend another 50 million if they please, but based on what I am seeing there's no reason for it to cost more.

lazyboy97o

Scenery costs most of Disney's ride budgets. Obviously not for simulators though. I think the reason this is going to cost this much is the ride will cost about 50 million I would think, and the scenery plus the ride's queue line, and loading station should cost under 25 million based on the concept art. Disney can spend another 50 million if they please, but based on what I am seeing there's no reason for it to cost more.
Where do you keep getting such high numbers for a coaster? Thunderbird, a good sized B&M, was $22 million. A small family coaster isn't going to be double that.

ToTBellHop

K.

Daveeeeed

In Disney coasters, the theming usually costs much more than the track from Vekoma.

I didn't make up the budget for the land. It's an actual line item.

Although it is true they are looking for savings on projects right now. Maybe we will lose the 20-ft Jessie doll ;)
The theming wasn't very good for the ride, and I see no reason why they should pay 100+ million for something not half as good as everest, or even big thunder, and I don't know how it will be, but that is based on my interpretation. Not saying your 300 million dollar land cost is false, but could you post the source?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom