Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MagicHappens1971

12509351_1736090796610595_9170215241776532203_n.jpg

Saw this on facebook and thought it was super accurate.

ToTBellHop

Realistically I think the coaster will cost around 65 million bringing the entire land's cost to around 120 million. Excluding Toy Story Midway Mania's third track. In a Dreaming world it would be nice to have a Monsters Inc land with an inverted coaster + a D or E ticket dark ride, but if they just update the park pl;us these two lands and add another land next decade I don't see that as bad. Too much at one time leaves less to do at another time. Anticipation relates to excitement, as well as the final product. They do need to ramp up their pace, but I do think they are doing that.
You think that's realistic?

If I may ask, how much do you think Ariel's Undersea Adventure (a clone) cost?

ToTBellHop

80 million? It was like 100 million to build, right?
Somewhere between the two. Which is insane given that Everest and Mission Space also cost $100 m. And they reused a wall and a bottle of water from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

WDI has serious spending issues. Worse than my mom in the '90s.

It would cost them $65m to build the Barnstormer now.

MagicHappens1971

Somewhere between the two. Which is insane given that Everest and Mission Space also cost $100 m. WDI has serious spending issues. Worse than my mom in the '90s.
Lol I don't really know much about building but WDI sounds quite expensive. They could build many more attractions/more detailed attractions to begin with. They totally cheaped out on Ariels in my opinon, and if they cheaped out at like 100 million dollars I can only imagine how much it would've cost if they actually made it really detailed

ToTBellHop

Lol I don't really know much about building but WDI sounds quite expensive. They could build many more attractions/more detailed attractions to begin with. They totally cheaped out on Ariels in my opinon, and if they cheaped out at like 100 million dollars I can only imagine how much it would've cost if they actually made it really detailed
It's unfortunate because the park gets $2.8 billion and people imagine we will get $2.8 billion worth of something of Wizarding World's quality (which I believe cost about $200 million in TOTAL). We won't.

$2.8 billion would have built three DAKs in 1998. And I understand inflation, but still...three DAKs.

MagicHappens1971

Well Universal has gone up 4 million combined attendance almost all because of Harry Potter. I think having so many lands opening within a few years is the reason why.
That is true, however MKs attendance in 2012 was 17,536,000 and 19,332,000 in 2014. Besides NFL which really isn't that much to see, MK got this attendance because its MK. I think the general consensus is Disney isn't opening things rapidly or really at all, because they don't need to.

ToTBellHop

Well Universal has gone up 4 million combined attendance almost all because of Harry Potter. I think having so many lands opening within a few years is the reason why.
And perhaps you've discovered the reason for Disney's pace.

2016--RoL and other DAK updates
2017--AVATAR
2018--TSL
2019--SWL
2020--Phase 3 and another SWL ride?
2021--new E ticket and parades/fireworks at MK

And somewhere in there Epcot will start getting looked at.

If they rush TSL, they have nothing new to market in 2018 and instead actually compete TSL up against AVATAR.

Daveeeeed

It's unfortunate because the park gets $2.8 billion and people imagine we will get $2.8 billion worth of something of Wizarding World's quality (which I believe cost about $200 million in TOTAL). We won't.

$2.8 billion would have built three DAKs in 1998. And I understand inflation, but still...three DAKs.
To be fair Animal Kingdom had only two expensive rides. Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Countdown to Extinction (CTE even used the same building design, and ride layout as Indy in california). Kali River Rapids is fun, but isn't a very good ride to be honest. Put in with inflation and higher building costs. It seems very reasonable they could build Animal Kingdom for under a billion in the 90's.

lazyboy97o

Somewhere between the two. Which is insane given that Everest and Mission Space also cost $100 m. And they reused a wall and a bottle of water from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

WDI has serious spending issues. Worse than my mom in the '90s.

It would cost them $65m to build the Barnstormer now.
With the reworkings California is now at about $150 million. That's $50 million to bandage a $100 million attraction.

Daveeeeed

And perhaps you've discovered the reason for Disney's pace.

2016--RoL and other DAK updates
2017--AVATAR
2018--TSL
2019--SWL
2020--Phase 3 and another SWL ride?
2021--new E ticket and parades/fireworks at MK

And somewhere in there Epcot will start getting looked at.

If they rush TSL, they have nothing new to market in 2018 and instead actually compete TSL up against AVATAR.
THANK YOU EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING!!! I've been to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, And SeaWorld all this year and as I am a die hard Disney fan I can be biased, but I can honestly say the push is in reaction to Harry Potter. Otherwise Hollywood Studios would probably be getting something in the 2020's not in this decade. ALso though having Toy Story Land in the early spring if Avatar opens in the late fall, or tsl in the late fall and avatar in the early summer could work too.

Daveeeeed

That is true, however MKs attendance in 2012 was 17,536,000 and 19,332,000 in 2014. Besides NFL which really isn't that much to see, MK got this attendance because its MK. I think the general consensus is Disney isn't opening things rapidly or really at all, because they don't need to.
MK got New Fantasyland. While not as good as Potter ,or as people say, and how it clearly looks Cars Land it still worked for the park and is a very well done area albeit it does lack a phenomenal attraction. MK is also unique to the other parks, and I am not saying the other parks don't grow, but Universal where people like it or not ism in fact hurting Hws' and Ak's growth on a per year basis looking at how they should perform now. 2001 attendance dropped because of 9/11 and in 2008 because of the crash, so taking that into account all the parks where disney or Universal perform well, but it is sad to know that a park which they charge you as much to go to epcot closes at 5 (AK)

Daveeeeed

You think that's realistic?

If I may ask, how much do you think Ariel's Undersea Adventure (a clone) cost?
I think DIsney would get ripped off if it costs more. Tsmm expansion probably will be in the numbers for tsl now if this happens it will be misleading. The land there is no way will cost more than 300 million even with tsmm. Now based on the fact that universal could make a much bigger, more thrilling, longer roller coaster (The hollywood rip ride rocket) for 45 million back in 2009 I see no reason why they cannot make this around 65 million. Meaning it could be 70, 75, or 80 million I do not know for sure, and I probably should of said around 65, 75 million, but I didn't think super close details mattered, but I do think that it will cost upwards of 65 million to build the ride.

lazyboy97o

I think DIsney would get ripped off if it costs more. Tsmm expansion probably will be in the numbers for tsl now if this happens it will be misleading. The land there is no way will cost more than 300 million even with tsmm. Now based on the fact that universal could make a much bigger, more thrilling, longer roller coaster (The hollywood rip ride rocket) for 45 million back in 2009 I see no reason why they cannot make this around 65 million. Meaning it could be 70, 75, or 80 million I do not know for sure, and I probably should of said around 65, 75 million, but I didn't think super close details mattered, but I do think that it will cost upwards of 65 million to build the ride.
A launched coaster can be purchased for $22 million.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom