Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why? What happened last time?
Briefly without a thread drift...

Parking chaos. Half of the eastern seaboard was gridlocked. Seriously, most main roads through WDW became parking lots. People were stuck in their cars for hours. People parked on the verges and walked. Once inside the meet n greets had lines that were hours long. Guests had to choose which one to see and which to abandon. Event shirts ran out before the event started. Traffic management was strained at best. ODV and quick serves ran out of water.

Fireworks were awesome though.

BigHero4

I apologize if this was mentioned earlier in this thread, but any word on the potential completion time frame for Toy Story land at DHS?

French Quarter

Briefly without a thread drift...

Parking chaos. Half of the eastern seaboard was gridlocked. Seriously, most main roads through WDW became parking lots. People were stuck in their cars for hours. People parked on the verges and walked. Once inside the meet n greets had lines that were hours long. Guests had to choose which one to see and which to abandon. Event shirts ran out before the event started. Traffic management was strained at best. ODV and quick serves ran out of water.

Fireworks were awesome though.

Thank you. Sounds crazy. I had no idea.

orky8

We're planning out next trip for Nov/Dec 2017 (our daughter will turn 2 that July), so I am REALLY hoping for Toy Story Land to be at least partially open by then.

Well, it will be partially open for sure. To the same extent it is partially open now with TSMM. Though, I'll hope for a complete opening for you.

Brian Swan

When watching other parks build new coaster, they seem to go up pretty fast. Holiday World just put up a steel coaster at a good rate. How long will it take for the TS coaster to go up and all of the theming that goes with it. Will TS land be done by 2017/18? This land along with SW land should be on the front burner.
The track will likely go up faster than the theming will take to complete. Based on the concept art, It looks like a pretty straight forward build, with no 100-plus hills or inversions; prepping the land may actually take longer than the actual track installation.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The track will likely go up faster than the theming will take to complete. Based on the concept art, It looks like a pretty straight forward build, with no 100-plus hills or inversions; prepping the land may actually take longer than the actual track installation.
There is quite a lot below grade work to do. Sight lines were a big part of this project.

csm

Why would you even suggest that building an inversion on a coaster would take any longer than building any other sort of track element? Don't comment on things you don't understand.

UpAllNight

Sight lines would explain why they opted for new rides, and not the visually awful looking RC Racer and Parachute rides found in Paris and Hong Kong. Actually looking forward to this area...again it's not a game changer, but it should be a nice little area around sunset :) Being picky but if they've opted for 1 flat ride, another to fill out the land a bit and keep people a little longer surely wouldn't have damaged the budget too much.

bjm72385

I assume the goal is to ensure this coaster isn't visible from Star Wars Land or really anywhere where it shouldn't be viewable?
That, and my guess is that since it's supposed to be themed to Andy's backyard, and you are technically riding the slinky dog, it's going to be themed to being very low to the ground and going through the grass and dodging toys perhaps? Ever watched a dachshund run through the yard lol

That's cool to hear and does help explain the attraction choices, though I agree with others that it would have been nice to have another ride (even a flat ride) just to increase the ride capacity.
Has it been confirmed that there is only the one flat ride? I know concept art isn't always accurate. Fine example is the scale of TSMM as previously discussed. What are the chances that another flat ride could be added before construction starts, or could have been added after the released concept art was finished?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom