Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think people have the location of this mixed up. Looking at the concept art, it's pretty clear to me that this is not going directly behind the TSM building. The dead giveaway is the unique shape of what must be the new entrance to TSM.The coaster and flying saucer ride seem to be taking up the plot currently occupied by LMA, and the dining area w/ outdoor seating goes in the spot where Studio Catering Company is now, with a new building where the special effects tank from the Backlot Tour used to be. What's not clear is whether the playground will stay. The concept art shows some kind of orange box-looking thing that could either be an entrance to a re-themed playground (which is already almost perfect for the theme of the land anyway) or a food counter.

Here's my very rough approximation of where everything is:
qwS5lM5.jpg

From @marni1971, the green is where TSL is going...

image-jpeg.113217

WDW1995

Thanks (sorry, I'm new here, I tried reading over some of the 89 pages but I couldn't make it through them all)! Is that insider info or something? Any info on what the yellow and blue areas are, or that expansion jutting out over World Drive? And please don't tell me that Muppets is highlighted b/c it's getting demolished : (

CapitanEo

Thanks (sorry, I'm new here, I tried reading over some of the 89 pages but I couldn't make it through them all)! Is that insider info or something? Any info on what the yellow and blue areas are, or that expansion jutting out over World Drive? And please don't tell me that Muppets is highlighted b/c it's getting demolished : (

Marni1971 is a popular insider around here with reliable information. The map he posted is rough details of what to expect at DHS. Green is TSL, Red is SWL, yellow is expected phase 3 not yet announced. Blue is a very blue sky possible phase 4. Purple across World Drive is a future employee parking area I believe. The orange highlighted areas (Muppets) are areas expected to see enhancements.

Mad Stitch

When the new entrance to TSM opens up will the current walkway through Pixar Place be walled off as a backstage area? There would be no reason to go through there anymore.

doctornick

When the new entrance to TSM opens up will the current walkway through Pixar Place be walled off as a backstage area? There would be no reason to go through there anymore.

That is the apparent plan. Which would be a huge benefit since that is a relatively narrow pathway/choke point for the crowds.

I'm a little curious if they will use that space for anything. At the very least, I would think they would put some food or merch carts there.

elchippo

That is the apparent plan. Which would be a huge benefit since that is a relatively narrow pathway/choke point for the crowds.

I'm a little curious if they will use that space for anything. At the very least, I would think they would put some food or merch carts there.

One of my favorite little things about the studios is its many nooks, crannies and smaller areas (some intentional, others just created over time and re-development I think). It'd be a shame to see the original Mickey Avenue become backstage, but I also see why.

G00fyDad

I hope they keep it open until they have a walkway around TSMM so that it can complete the loop around the park. Otherwise everyone is going to be funneling back and forth through the only avenue to get to and from the rear of the park.

msteel

I'm a little curious if they will use [the current Pixar Place] for anything. At the very least, I would think they would put some food or merch carts there.

My personal conjecture is that it will be incorporated into the TSMM exit/Al's toy barn gift store

UpAllNight

So what becomes of Pizza planet? This has always been such a wasted and poorly executed idea both here and in Paris. It can't, thematically stay where it is now, so do they just get rid and make a proper effort at it in TSL, or abandon the concept?

PorterRedkey

So what becomes of Pizza planet? This has always been such a wasted and poorly executed idea both here and in Paris. It can't, thematically stay where it is now, so do they just get rid and make a proper effort at it in TSL, or abandon the concept?
I heard a rumor that it will become a Muppet's themed restaurant. However, I have no idea if it is true, so take it for what it is worth.

AmUK

Even though this is new, i find the whole concept and attractions very underwhelming.

You know it's a low budget affair when they put in a coaster with a few animatronics once again.

BrianLo

That is extremely doubtful since the land itself has been built twice before.

Not really.

A most extreme example would be the execution of Cars Quatre Roues Rallye to DCA's Radiator Springs or Winnie the Pooh Adventure to TDL's Hunny Hunt.

That's all pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but *this* iteration of Toy Story is obviously not the same. So maybe it will impress, maybe it won't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom