Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

180º

I miss this style of map. It looks a lot more charming, even if a bit less accurate.

Any other examples? Genuinely curious!
Yeah! Just recently I’ve started to appreciate Backlot Express. In theory, it’s kind of a disgusting environment for a restaurant. But it’s art directed in a way that makes it feel quaint and personable. (I wish I had photo reference at the ready. Maybe later.) Mama Melrose’s feels right out of a Godfather movie, not just because it’s stereotypical Italian-American, but in how it’s framed and lit. A bigger example is Sunset Boulevard. Compared to something like Buena Vista Street, even though it’s more set-like in scale, it’s evident how the little details add up to something that just feels right even though it’s not ultra-realistic.

Cmdr_Crimson

Just curious... I see Launch Bay listed #15, but I don't see where Animation is listed. Also, the balloon has been an icon of the Muppets for ages. Since SWL, at this point exists only in bits and pieces I don't see any reason why it isn't OK to have it there for now. Or they might have just forgotten or didn't think it was a big deal. Which, btw, in my opinion, it isn't!
Between #14 and #15 you can see the attraction sign for The magic of Disney animation...which looks like this...
2404723425_204713033f_z.jpg

JohnD

Just curious... I see Launch Bay listed #15, but I don't see where Animation is listed. Also, the balloon has been an icon of the Muppets for ages. Since SWL, at this point exists only in bits and pieces I don't see any reason why it isn't OK to have it there for now. Or they might have just forgotten or didn't think it was a big deal. Which, btw, in my opinion, it isn't!

SWL isn't on the official maps on MDE either, so yeah, show it as green space for now. I do miss this format, though. I think I have one of the last sets of customizable maps in this format. But next Welcome Center I'm at, I'm picking up a set.

No Name

I didn't know they still made these style maps for the parks, but apparently they do:

View attachment 296237

For those asking, this is from the Four Parks of Fun brochure, I believe.

I like the old style better than the style they use now on the regular maps. Although the new style does work better online where you can scroll around and stuff.

Cmdr_Crimson

For those asking, this is from the Four Parks of Fun brochure, I believe.

I like the old style better than the style they use now on the regular maps. Although the new style does work better online where you can scroll around and stuff.
Still wish they had the free park maps you can customize and then get mailed to you from a few years ago...Shame they discontinued this...

Goofyque'

Monte Cristo was removed from the Woody's Lunchbox menu...
I cant see how they messed this up, the one in California is wildly popular and so yummy from what I understand!!! I hope they just re-work it to the popular recipe and try it again!! Marie
Deep fried makes a huge difference. That said, I would still have liked to tried it.

jaygatsby

Sorry I just found this thread and haven't read through any of it, so I'm not entirely sure this is the place to ask this but...
If anyone has rope dropped HS in the past couple of days, are they still opening it early? Like before 7? Trying to figure out when I need to get there

drod1985

Sorry I just found this thread and haven't read through any of it, so I'm not entirely sure this is the place to ask this but...
If anyone has rope dropped HS in the past couple of days, are they still opening it early? Like before 7? Trying to figure out when I need to get there

The website says they've got Extra Magic Hours starting at 7am through Saturday, August 25. As for opening the land up for guests before then I'd imagine that's a day-by-day basis.

smile

I cant see how they messed this up, the one in California is wildly popular and so yummy from what I understand!!! I hope they just re-work it to the popular recipe and try it again!! Marie

at the bb?...
super yum!

that one's a $30 'sit-down' sandwich, however - totally different thing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom