Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Jon81uk

Weren't people on this forum lamenting the lack of outdoors walk-around characters and that indoor space shouldn't be used for M&Gs?

Personally I do like walk-round characters, the army men are fantastic. But the Florida weather isn't really great for characters that we know will get a long line. Why didn't they didn't even build a toy box façade for the Andy & Jessie meet and another one of Buzz's toybox so they could at least provide shade. If a character is meeting 365 days a year it does seem to make sense to have a permanent location for them.

MrPromey

Weren't people on this forum lamenting the lack of outdoors walk-around characters and that indoor space shouldn't be used for M&Gs?

Personally, I lament it the same way I lament not having to wait in line for 45+ minutes to get a picture with Mickey at the Magic Kingdom.

Would I consider a 45+ minute wait outside in the sun to be a return to the "good old days"?

Not a chance.

Do I think it's in Disney's power to fix this?

At this point, not really.

Still, it's fun to see characters like the evil stepsisters near the far castle walls in Fantasyland fully in character interacting with a crowd and posing for pictures without being completely swarmed or needing a line because the demand for them is manageable out in the open like that - I think that's the kind of thing people remember and miss with the big name characters.

Movielover

Sigh. How disappointing. How does a resort that has a transition from the 17th to 19th century carefully executed or transitions like Caribbean plaza to frontier land or Animal Kingdom's masterful themed environments, become so negligent and careless. Meh.

Simple, it's a company that also allows this...

2-3-15%2BMagic%2BKingdom%2B%252843%2529%2B%2528600x900%2529.jpg

and this...

SeamsB02.JPG

Goofyque'

I like the immersions of the various lands and themes. But I have said it many times before, we love going high and "peeking behind the curtain." Looking at TSL from the open doors of ToT, seeing as much of MK as you can from the top of splash, looking through the branches of the tree house to see how much of tomorrow land you can catch. These are things our whole family enjoys, sorry for those that haven't the joy of hearing "Grumpa, look!! We can see the whole park from here!!!"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sigh. How disappointing. How does a resort that has a transition from the 17th to 19th century carefully executed or transitions like Caribbean plaza to frontier land or Animal Kingdom's masterful themed environments, become so negligent and careless. Meh.

Or the carefully orchestrated transition from the past to Tomorrowland by executing a right turn.

culturenthrills

Shorter wait rides as filler is what's needed and is what TSL is. It's to take the rides at Galaxy's Edge down from 3 hours each to 2 hours each.

I can never understand why RnR always has an insane wait. they really need to ditch fanatasmic and put a daytime show there which will massively help spread the crowds from Galaxys Edge

They would have to build a giant shade structure over the seating to use the amphitheater during the day.

ToTBellHop

They would have to build a giant shade structure over the seating to use the amphitheater during the day.
They didn't share this view for Lights, Motors, Action! Still don't in front of the Castle.

Typically during the summer, Fantasmic! isn't until 8:30 or 9 pm. They could put a show in the Fantasmic! amphitheatre without shade at 5 pm and 6:30 pm without much issue. Move it to 3:30 and 5 pm November through early March.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom