Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

smile

Miraculously going through time is okay, a loud smelly go-kart speedway miraculously in a fantasy themed area is okay, but miraculously shrinking isn't okay?

the biggest factor in the bam is the change of scale...
if one is going to rebut that there is no bam by citing past examples of incongruous theme in an effort to claim it's always been this way, one should be able to show drastic scale change.

TJJohn12

where are the scale change pics, huh?

320px-Honey%2C_I_Shrunk_The_Kids%2C_Movie_Set_Adventure_entrance_2.jpeg
*ducks and runs*

doctornick

TSL needs a filler like an elaborate Tinker Toy themed playground structure similar to Dinoland USA's Boneyard. It should've been built on the left side to cover the green building you see as you crest the hill on Slinky Dog.

Yep, this. Seems to me that they lost out on an easy opportunity to put in something child friendly and in theme by not at least having a playground area in this land. With HISTK going away, DHS could have used the replacement

RSoxNo1

So it looks like walls went up in Pixar Place on 7/9. Can anyone confirm that the last days for hey howdy hey, Toy Story Dept and the Cruz Ramirez meet and greets were 7/8? I assume the last day for the picture corral was 6/29.

As an FYI, it looks like the Joffrey’s stand is still open, as is the restroom.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Where did you find this? Also, it’s interesting how the map is still weirdly outdated in some areas, such as having the Muppet balloon and the Animation Building instead of Launch Bay.

And you have to swim, apparently, through a pool to get to TSL. And "Launch Bay" has a guest-accessible entrance in the back. And there's no "SWL Coming Soon" seeing that we can see it towering over the park from all directions.

Goofyernmost

Where did you find this? Also, it’s interesting how the map is still weirdly outdated in some areas, such as having the Muppet balloon and the Animation Building instead of Launch Bay.
Just curious... I see Launch Bay listed #15, but I don't see where Animation is listed. Also, the balloon has been an icon of the Muppets for ages. Since SWL, at this point exists only in bits and pieces I don't see any reason why it isn't OK to have it there for now. Or they might have just forgotten or didn't think it was a big deal. Which, btw, in my opinion, it isn't!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just curious... I see Launch Bay listed #15, but I don't see where Animation is listed. Also, the balloon has been an icon of the Muppets for ages. Since SWL, at this point exists only in bits and pieces I don't see any reason why it isn't OK to have it there for now. Or they might have just forgotten or didn't think it was a big deal. Which, btw, in my opinion, it isn't!

Will you please stop commenting on people's posts just to say it isn't a big deal? It's big enough for you to take time to comment on it.

Point is: it's a map which updates some things and not others. It's sloppy.

Goofyernmost

Will you please stop commenting on people's posts just to say it isn't a big deal? It's big enough for you to take time to comment on it.

Point is: it's a map which updates some things and not others. It's sloppy.
Point is: I believe, if you bothered to read it that I only commented on the map which did list Launch Bay and not Animation and then just commented on the balloon, but leave it to you to make yet another mountain out of a mole hill about it. It apparently doesn't matter to them either or they wouldn't have published it with the picture still there. Please explain why it matters at all.

In the meantime, I will check this boards bylaws to see at what point you have been put in charge of determining who can or cannot have an opinion about something. I must have missed the fine print. I do have a suggestion though instead of constantly posting about the rights of other posters you just pay attention to your own business. I know you are knowledgeable about all things Disney so how about contradicting my points instead of me. I'm not on trial here nor will I ever be answerable to you. And if it isn't a big deal I will exercise my right to comment on it just as strongly as others comment on how important it is.

Jones14

Never said it was a big deal, just that it was weird. I was referring to the graphics, not the labels.

Goofyernmost

Never said it was a big deal, just that it was weird. I was referring to the graphics, not the labels.
Dammit, I didn't accuse you of that. I just stated my opinion. I thought that my putting in that they didn't care enough to change it and neither did I would be clear. Where does that say that you said that. I could see that it was there and it no longer exists. I don't know why they didn't take it out so I expressed my opinion as to why they possibly overlooked it at this point.

If it was the buildings you were commenting on then say that. I have not been to DHS since that Launch happened. I was just looking for where the cartoon images of buildings, none of which are exact, were labeled and that was Launch Bay. That is all I asked. I didn't see anything identified as the Animation Building. Sorry, but, I don't read minds and I didn't understand that was your point. Even after going to Disney as many times as I have, I have never seen where those buildings were separated nor have I ever seen them from that angle. I'm done defending myself over useless things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom