Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

twebber55

Absolutely

TDS is getting 4 new rides, 3 of which sound like E-ticket dark rides, plus 3 new restaurants.

On top of the already being built TDL batb E-ticket and their highly-themed version of Soarin.

Not only does it put TSL to shame, but it also puts MK’s Fantasyland expansion to shame.
im curious because i dont know
when did TDR do an expansion last

TP2000

When I was in Tokyo last fall there was all sorts of construction visible around both parks. Massive stuff happening in Fantasyland, plus a big building (Soarin'?) in DisneySea next to the MiraCosta. I assume that's the two under way, plus this new one announced yesterday becomes the third for Tokyo.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort is absolutely stunning. It always amazes me how few people who consider themselves Disney theme park fans have ever been to Tokyo Disneyland Resort. I think if more Disney fans went there they would have much less patience with the way Disney's theme parks are operated here in the United States; everything from Cast Member grooming standards to major park expansions.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
When I was in Tokyo last fall there was all sorts of construction visible around both parks. Massive stuff happening in Fantasyland, plus a big building (Soarin'?) in DisneySea next to the MiraCosta. I assume that's the two under way, plus this new one announced yesterday becomes the third for Tokyo.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort is absolutely stunning. It always amazes me how few people who consider themselves Disney theme park fans have ever been to Tokyo Disneyland Resort. I think if more Disney fans went there they would have much less patience with the way Disney's theme parks are operated here in the United States; everything from Cast Member grooming standards to major park expansions.
Three then if you like (I counted Soarin as a new ride, not major expansion)!

I agree about the OLC standards. We’re busy until 2023 but then finally aim to get to the far east parks. We’ve priced it up from the UK and it was surprisingly affordable. Ish.

Sped2424

Absolutely

TDS is getting 4 new rides, 3 of which sound like E-ticket dark rides, plus 3 new restaurants.

On top of the already being built TDL batb E-ticket and their highly-themed version of Soarin.

iNot only does it put TSL to shame, but it also puts MK’s Fantasyland expansion to shame.
They made such a big deal of Be our guest as an experience here and justifying us having no ride yet this expansion is bringing 1 highly themed immersive restaurant AND e ticket attraction to every land within this expansion :banghead:

TP2000

Three then if you like (I counted Soarin as a new ride, not major expansion)!

I agree about the OLC standards. We’re busy until 2023 but then finally aim to get to the far east parks. We’ve priced it up from the UK and it was surprisingly affordable. Ish.

True, Soarin' is just a new E Ticket. I hear it will be themed to Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket flying around, to suit it's Italian themed setting next to the MiraCosta. So remind me again what the second expansion is besides their huge Fantasyland expansion?

Compared to Southern California, a week in Tokyo is actually kind of cheap. The big cost is the flight, but for gosh sakes don't fly an American airline over there or else you'll regret it. Fly Japan Airlines, All Nippon Airways, or Singapore Airlines and you'll wonder how the United States even shows its face on the world stage since our airlines are so generally crummy and dingy. But as a Brit @marni1971 , you've got at least a better national option with British Airways.

Back OT, I find it fascinating that Tokyo is the only property that hasn't done a Toy Story Land expansion (DCA's Pixar Pier that opens this month kinda counts as California's version). The modest offerings of all Toy Story Lands just seem to be unappetizing to Tokyo's management. Which tells you something about Tokyo, and TDO/TDA/Paris/Shanghai.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
True, Soarin' is just a new E Ticket. I hear it will be themed to Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket flying around, to suit it's Italian themed setting next to the MiraCosta. So remind me again what the second expansion is besides their huge Fantasyland expansion?

Compared to Southern California, a week in Tokyo is actually kind of cheap. The big cost is the flight, but for gosh sakes don't fly an American airline over there or else you'll regret it. Fly Japan Airlines, All Nippon Airways, or Singapore Airlines and you'll wonder how the United States even shows its face on the world stage since our airlines are so generally crummy and dingy. But as a Brit @marni1971 , you've got at least a better national option with British Airways.

Back OT, I find it fascinating that Tokyo is the only property that hasn't done a Toy Story Land expansion (DCA's Pixar Pier that opens this month kinda counts as California's version). The modest offerings of all Toy Story Lands just seem to be unappetizing to Tokyo's management. Which tells you something about Tokyo, and TDO/TDA/Paris/Shanghai.
I was thinking of the TDS expansion although it’s not begun yet. Both parks seriously enlarging their footprints.

Wouldn’t touch BA with a barge pole. We can fly Emirates Manchester > Dubai > Tokyo return for a little cheaper than Manchester to Orlando.

Monorail_Red_77

I think it would be more likely for Stage Lane to be the bypass. There is nothing that would direct guests through Pixar Place but the gate would stop guests from entering Pixar Place.
I wasn't meaning that Pixar Place would be a bypass. But would be a temporary guest accessible, like Mainstreet bypass. Plus it is already themed for guests. Where they could open it up for special events by opening the front gate and leaving back gate closed, or they could close the front gate to block guest access when not needed.

But who knows, they might just leave it open all the time and use it for toy story meet and greets. Will have to wait and see how it develops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom