Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rich Brownn

Realistically this land needs to be done two weeks from today, to accomodate media parties and invited guest previews for two or three days before the official grand opening on June 30th. They seem to be cutting this very, very, very close. Any of our insiders here heard anything about if they will make it in time?

Recent photos taken within the last few days don't inspire a lot of confidence in being ready to open in two weeks. :confused:

DfVvxuHVAAEUKvQ.jpg:large
I remember going through Epcot 7 days before official opening on Oct 1. Energy, Spaceship Earth hadn't run successfully yet. Lots of landscaping not done. World of Motion had no pre-show area as walls were still going up. Communicore was only half-done. And yet on Opening day, all was complete (disregarding the fact that every single ride broke down except for Mexico's boar ride by 12 noon - lol

Cmdr_Crimson

So, how come they have not shown any photos of the Buzz Lightyear entrance side yet by the Galaxy's edge side of the area? or is the statue much closer to swirling saucers?

Cmdr_Crimson

Others have said its fun. I think people should go in with average expectations. Don't expect to be blown away or anything.

I think if it was the other version of the Slinky Dog ride that's at the other TSL's and added another simple ride like the Green Army men parachute jump...It would be pretty much that..IMO..

Timothy_Q

Just for fun, folks might want to take a look at the Disney Sea expansion announced today. And remember, that’s an addition to a park that is already considered the greatest in the world. TSL is an addition to a park that has been underdeveloped since opening, an addition that is half of a redo meant to “fix” the park.

An interesting comparison.
Absolutely

TDS is getting 4 new rides, 3 of which sound like E-ticket dark rides, plus 3 new restaurants.

On top of the already being built TDL batb E-ticket and their highly-themed version of Soarin.

Not only does it put TSL to shame, but it also puts MK’s Fantasyland expansion to shame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom