Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

djkidkaz

Just a word on CM previews. Remember that most CMS are just thrilled to be in to a new land as one of the first to ride. Disney offer it as a perk, so don't expect to see much of a real-world review out of them. :)

This sounds like a hold your expectations because these rides ain't all that great.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This sounds like a hold your expectations because these rides ain't all that great.

Well, we know what the spinner is like (minus the theme) since it exists in DCA. And it seems slinky is on the scale of of 7DMT but with launches. So I feel like I have a pretty good idea what to expect regarding the rides...

Casper Gutman

Well, we know what the spinner is like (minus the theme) since it exists in DCA. And it seems slinky is on the scale of of 7DMT but with launches. So I feel like I have a pretty good idea what to expect regarding the rides...
We do, but I am actually very curious as to how the Saucers work with a roof and the TSL theming. I wonder if the ceiling doesn’t make them feel more “fairground” and less special then Maters or whether it adds to the sense of intensity. I’m also curious about the soundtrack.

SuperStretccch

are the first two rides? honestly i dont know
looking at it since maybe 2010 when i found these boards
appreciate your input

They are new rides, although BH6 looks like another reskin of Junkyard Jamboree, just like A S S.

I have to say, after hearing the new DisneySea expansion plan, I'm very jealous of them compared to what our New Fantasyland was. I'm jealous of Tokyo Disney in its entirety, actually. I wish TDO cared that much about the parks. :rolleyes:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
We do, but I am actually very curious as to how the Saucers work with a roof and the TSL theming. I wonder if the ceiling doesn’t make them feel more “fairground” and less special then Maters or whether it adds to the sense of intensity. I’m also curious about the soundtrack.
I feel like they may have plussed it slightly. Anyways, a roof is necessary and a good idea in the florida rain.

Jones14

Slinky will probably be better received than Mine Train simply because you can see the whole thing before you get in line. Mine Train’s biggest complaint is, “that’s it?”

It’s a little harder to feel that way onride when you can see the whole coaster before getting on. People may say that when they see it initially, but they’ll know exactly what they’re committing to before hopping in line.

wdwgreek

I'm surprised no one seems to be complaining about TDS being turned into "MK 2.0". Say what you want about the IP use in Epcot, but no area of that park has ever looked so much like Fantasyland.

The thing with TDS is it is but another port of call, each port of call has its own flavor and design and as long as it is self contained and well themed, it can exist along side the rest of the port of calls in the TDS.

brettf22

Premium Member
Anyways, a roof is necessary and a good idea in the florida rain.
While the roof is absolutely necessary to keep things running in the rain, I’m interested to see if ride noise is compounded by the roof. Based on the times I’ve ridden the DCA Mater version, ride noise was not insignificant, but skillfully covered by music. Hopefully they’ve managed to keep the overall dB level tolerable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom