Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

TabulaRasa

Yes. And an Indiana Jones land. Instead we will get about $1 billion invested in the two lands we get. I don’t have a final number on Mickey but I’d hazard $300,000,000. It had its budget increased. So ballpark $1.3 bn.
Thanks for clarifying! I would have loved Monstropolis. Should we still expect to get a few new shows? VotLM, BATB are the two that stick out to me as being incredibly long in the tooth.

Pedro Soto

Yes. And an Indiana Jones land. Instead we will get about $1 billion invested in the two lands we get. I don’t have a final number on Mickey but I’d hazard $300,000,000. It had its budget increased. So ballpark $1.3 bn.
So out of the 2.8 billion DHS only gets 1.3 billion, wow that's interesting so where did it go Shanghai or the Paris expansion?? And 300 million for MMRR that's crazy. Oh and thanks for all the info 😊

Pedro Soto

So out of the 2.8 billion DHS only gets 1.3 billion, wow that's interesting so where did it go Shanghai or the Paris expansion?? And 300 million for MMRR that's crazy. Oh and thanks for all the info 😊
It's interesting cause I feel this is the park that will compete more with Universal than any other wdw park (MK is in a league of it own 😉) and budget cuts isn't helping but I do feel more will come

Indy_UK

Don’t get me wrong, Disney need to go a lot further than these two lands for HS but where I don’t think there’s will ver be a 5th Park, I’m sure Studios will get further expansion at some point. For now they need to finish the two lands, updates the shows and re-imagine the animation courtyard

YodaMan

I don’t believe that’s happening. DHS may still end up with an Indy ride. There is a growing understanding that the park will still be under built by 1/1/20.

Understandable. Toy Story Land should be a good test. If Studios can't survive this summer and is too crowded, there's no chance that the park will survive when Galaxy's Edge opens and the park will 100% need more to do. Hopefully that's when they realize they need a "Phase 4" or whatever we're up to at this point.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Prediction: some of these proposals get revisited once Disney comes to the realization that DHS is way under capacity for the throngs of people that are going to descend there when SWL opens....

doctornick

Actually, it was approved and announced in lieu of Cars Land.

First they went ambitious with a four-phase project costing $2.8 billion. Then they dialed it back considerably to free up monies to the other parks (the plan announced at D23 ‘15) Then they realized they dialed it back too far and approved Mickey (announced D23 ‘17) and started investigating another new E ticket (the boat ride people want).

It's ridiculous that they "dialed it back" considering how desperately DHS needs attractions, which will be particularly bad once the crowds hit for SW:GE.

I do take your last comment to be some possible positive vibes about an Indiana Jones boat ride coming to DHS? Would really be something the park could use. Nice to see some optimism about that possible happening, though I'd prefer a more robust land with at least two rides.

No reason there wasn't room for Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land as-is AND Cars Land. PLUS Monster's. PLUS an Indy ride. They had plenty of room for it all. And they need it all. And then some, TBH.

This. There is plenty of room and need for much more than we are getting.

Phicinfan

They ARE being revisited.
Isn't this more risky? If they continue to wait to add more, then they will make the park more unmanageable to work around with construction on whatever they decide they may add after SW:GE opens. My assumptions are that whole side of the park will be crushed between SW and TSL - then to have other part torn up for construction...Yikes

ToTBellHop

Isn't this more risky? If they continue to wait to add more, then they will make the park more unmanageable to work around with construction on whatever they decide they may add after SW:GE opens. My assumptions are that whole side of the park will be crushed between SW and TSL - then to have other part torn up for construction...Yikes
Let’s talk hypothetically. Let’s say they want to build an Indy ride as they reboot the series. Let’s say it’s a water ride. There are two options—demo the Indy spectacular and build it there with a relatively negligible guest impact (other than the loss of a show in a show-heavy park). Or build it behind the stunt show on space once destined for Star Wars and build a mini-land. Also consider that they still plan to close Star Tours one day.

Again, this was all hypothetical. Nothing has been greenlit. They are “investigating” and Indy is an option.

rio

Any news on admission hikes or special scheduling for when SW:GE opens? I'm not convinced they can relieve the upcoming capacity problem with rapid construction alone, especially since multiple high profile attractions/lands/IPs are opening up in the same park within a relatively short timeframe of each other.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Any news on admission hikes or special scheduling for when SW:GE opens? I'm not convinced they can relieve the upcoming capacity problem with rapid construction alone, especially since multiple high profile attractions/lands/IPs are opening up in the same park within a relatively short timeframe of each other.

Nope. None yet. Probably won't be for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom