• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kman101

Advertisement
I think the complaint more is for the space available and the amount it cost we should have gotten more.
And this is a completely valid complaint and one I agree very much with. But it's not often the complaints thrown out by most. It's when we get into literally debating the nuts and bolts that I question the complaining.

Kman101

I still think it was a pretty big missed opportunity to not work Catastrophy Canyon into a Cars Land attraction.
Me too. It would have fit perfectly in that spot. Would have gone from Cars Land to, in my head, Monsters Inc., then Toy Story land, then Toontown leading into a redone Animation Courtyard. Oh well. Nice to dream, I suppose.

EDIT:
Imagine walking down Hollywood Boulevard to an updated Great Movie Ride. Sunset Boulevard still has Tower of Terror. (I've always been iffy on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and I'd have liked the space used better but I guess it could still exist). You then transition to Toontown, which is expanding into a refreshed Animation Courtyard with the Mickey and Minnie ride. You go from classic Disney and Mickey into the world of Pixar with Toy Story Land, then Monstropolis, then Cars Land. Then you visit with the Muppets (or Marvel, if WDW had full rights, Muppets would be relocated), and then enter into the worlds of Star Wars and Indiana Jones. All that and refreshed stage shows ...

Talk about a full and fleshed out park!

Goofyernmost

I think the complaint more is for the space available and the amount it cost we should have gotten more.
And my thought is that there is a good chance that eventually it will be used more, just like Disneyland and Magic Kingdom have grown in activity, but, not so much in space.

Goofyernmost

I don’t think they can fit a dark ride under the coaster track.
OK, have it your way. The whole damn place is an absolute bust and with any luck at all WDW will just be a ghost town in the near future. The whole place is not worth the gunpowder to blow it to hell. Contrary to your constant insistence there is a tomorrow, not everything is about today and yesterday. Just a couple of years back there was no place left to build TSL or SWL, yet it is being built. Perhaps not to the liking of some of you, but, it is growing out of previously claimed very dead space.

HauntedMansionFLA

OK, have it your way. The whole damn place is an absolute bust and with any luck at all WDW will just be a ghost town in the near future. The whole place is not worth the gunpowder to blow it to hell. Contrary to your constant insistence there is a tomorrow, not everything is about today and yesterday. Just a couple of years back there was no place left to build TSL or SWL, yet it is being built. Perhaps not to the liking of some of you, but, it is growing out of previously claimed very dead space.
Post of the day!! Bravo!!

Really looks tame...I mean, remove the slinky/toy story theming and it looks like a generic coaster you'd expect to see at a pop-up carnival/funfair. Pretty underwhelming.
This was the fear before the started on the land. The rides at Hong Kong and Paris are so cheap looking, they do actually look like your local fun fair rides.

matt9112

Gold and up wont be effected. And if you have silver, well, you know there's lots of blackout dates going into that.
true true I couldn't justify the price diffrence I'm in HVAC so I have zero time in a Florida summer and would never want to be with the holiday crowds but still bummed when you might miss the chance to ride something before the now standard (New Disney world 120+ minute wait for years) treatment. couple that with smaller FP window and I don't get caught dead waiting that long. been on FOP twice once for AP previews and once rope dropping EMH. bothers me that giant waits are a sign of success to Disney....uh Disney I'm not buying beer or merch waiting 3 hours for flight of passage.

matt9112

I think they'll go for previews only, like Pandora. But until they announce their plans it's speculation!

99.99 % certain they will for SW:GE anyway.
they could prob charge 100 bucks a head for early access previews to GE. if anyone in Disney is curious I will work for 6 figures.

BrianLo

Im obviously beating a dead horse here...but there would be alot less pessimism if TDO hadnt completely cut a third phase/land from the original plans. I think people are disappointed that this is pretty much (at this point in time) half of a very expensive and long promised upgrade to a park that needs so much more!!!
I obviously agree that this is not enough. In the grand scheme of things the old, old rumours was this major project ran through 2021 and that was pretty much it for the entirety of WDW. Maybe loose change for one MK and a single Epcot project.

While the third phase is long-dead, the projects we are getting through 2021/2 are technically much more than expected from just the DHS proposal alone. Which was essentially a slightly beefier (in expense only) Toy Story land, Ratatouille/Monster coaster and a much less ambitious Star Wars offering topping out 2021. Some show updates and perhaps some simple budget overlays, definitely nothing as extreme as M&MRR, plus parking garages (definitely no gondola).

The only reason I'm not disgruntled today is that there seems to be several viable 2022/2023 proposals floating around that may wind up at DHS, so really that's sort of equivalent in the end. I can wait a couple extra years for DHS to get something else if it means every other park doesn't have to be neglected.

Top Bottom