• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Jrn14

Has anyone seen this? I'm sorry... I know this is trash, but I couldn't help but share because it's cracking me up!

Disney Releases Height Requirements for Toy Story Land & Parents are FURIOUS “Launching” Potential Boycott!!

Just announced from Disney, Toy Story Land’s Slinky Dog Dash & Alien Swirling Saucers will feature controversial height requirements. SSD will be 38″ and *** will be 32″ respectively. Parents have already chimed in and voiced their concerns that both attractions won’t be toddler friendly and will not be allowed for their children to “lap sit” on these attractions.

“With the Toy Story franchise primarily focusing on children under 30 inches; it defeats the purpose to even open up Andy’s backyard anymore!”, voiced Martha G. a mother of three and a fourth on the way. She then noted: “If Disney is going to continue to sheepishly introduce new family attractions and not include my entire family than I will have to take my business elsewhere.” Martha calls for other parents to boycott Toy Story Land and show that they support the lowering of the suggested safety height requirement.

Toy Story Land is scheduled to debut June 30th right before the busy July 4th Holiday week. Stay TOONED to this story as it develops.

Brian Swan

Advertisement
Has anyone seen this? I'm sorry... I know this is trash, but I couldn't help but share because it's cracking me up!

Disney Releases Height Requirements for Toy Story Land & Parents are FURIOUS “Launching” Potential Boycott!!

Just announced from Disney, Toy Story Land’s Slinky Dog Dash & Alien Swirling Saucers will feature controversial height requirements. SSD will be 38″ and *** will be 32″ respectively. Parents have already chimed in and voiced their concerns that both attractions won’t be toddler friendly and will not be allowed for their children to “lap sit” on these attractions.

“With the Toy Story franchise primarily focusing on children under 30 inches; it defeats the purpose to even open up Andy’s backyard anymore!”, voiced Martha G. a mother of three and a fourth on the way. She then noted: “If Disney is going to continue to sheepishly introduce new family attractions and not include my entire family than I will have to take my business elsewhere.” Martha calls for other parents to boycott Toy Story Land and show that they support the lowering of the suggested safety height requirement.

Toy Story Land is scheduled to debut June 30th right before the busy July 4th Holiday week. Stay TOONED to this story as it develops.
Go ahead, boycott. Shorter lines for the rest of us...

Club34

I'm confused though...is this really just an arbitrary number? Is there not some risk management + physics involved? I would love nothing more than to see some parent strap their infant into RnRC and let'er rip but then I have a pretty sick sense of humor. What does Martha want? Andy's backyard of horror? I can empathize if this is true as it would be a complete design flaw but they just can't lower the number on a whim, right?

peter11435

I'm confused though...is this really just an arbitrary number? Is there not some risk management + physics involved? I would love nothing more than to see some parent strap their infant into RnRC and let'er rip but then I have a pretty sick sense of humor. What does Martha want? Andy's backyard of horror? I can empathize if this is true as it would be a complete design flaw but they just can't lower the number on a whim, right?
It is not an arbitrary number.

RSoxNo1

These height requirements were the most predictable height requirements Disney has ever done for a land.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

“With the Toy Story franchise primarily focusing on children under 30 inches; it defeats the purpose to even open up Andy’s backyard anymore!”
I understand this is a parody site, but, lest anyone think there's any truth to it, what follows is the average height of boys and girls giving their height for: the 3rd percentile at the lower end; 97th percentile at the higher end; and, the 50th percentile mean for each age. Underneath is the height requirements for various WDW attractions. I highlighted in red that by the age of 2, children can ride AsSwSa. And by the age of 3-4, they can ride SDD. Anyone who thinks a 1 year old should be able to lap sit on a coaster, no matter how tame, should have their child removed from them by Childrens' Protective Services.

1519097928991.png

matt9112

to be fair look at how most of fantasyland has no height requirement....i think they want all three parks to have a fantasyland ? scratches head.

Notes from Neverland

More Indy isn’t greenlit for DHS. But they do have a hole now Tron has gone to the MK.
Is this referring to the idea that Tron could have taken over Fantasmics location? Forgive me if that wasn't ever a thing, but I'm pretty sure I recall reading it here.

Hoping it's not. Fantasmic needs some updating, but it's such a fun nighttime show.

Slowjack

haha typo my bad.
Look, we all make mistakes, but you can't call using the word "three" when you meant "four" a typo. :) If we allow that, there would be no end of it. "When I called you a jerk, that was a typo. I thought I was typing 'fine fellow.'"

Top Bottom