Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

"So far, no evening EMH is scheduled."

According to Disney's site, there's evening EMH every Friday in July, 10 PM to Midnight...

1519398826157.png

JohnD

With an opening at the end of June, they will likely start mid June. May is far too early. Pandora had 2 weeks of previews prior to opening.

With the Silver pass, I'm blocked out June 4 forward which I'm sure would get no sympathy from WDW. Their response would be I need to upgrade to Gold then.

Kman101

I'd say they both have alot they can learn from each other.

I agree. I'm using your post as a jumping off point for my rant most won't care about, LOL.

Neither are perfect by any means. I love Universal. But let's be honest, they aren't perfect and the level some have raised them to is a bit funny (and since we seem to keep going down the Uni vs. Disney debate, how long has it taken them to open Fast and Furious? What's the timeline for the family Potter coaster? Look at how badly they rolled out opening Volcano Bay, a lovely looking water park that's being promoted as something it's not).

They weren't expanding or changing for a long time because there was no money to. Comcast bought them and has smartly expanded. Much like little ole' Disney has expanded. Disney doesn't need to do the type of expanding Universal is doing. They each have their own focuses. I wish this theme park war fantasy many have would go away.

And that's not to say Disney doesn't need to play catch up. They stagnated the WDW parks for a LONG time and now have to play catch up. Universal is catching up AND expanding but I wouldn't expect Disney to be doing the things Universal are doing. Universal Orlando is adding resort after resort. Like someone up the road did ;) And like Disney opened up parks around the globe (one just opened a couple of years ago), Universal follows suit and does the same thing. They've always followed each other, this is nothing new.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Such as parking, moving sidewalks, security check through system., Variety of things to see, huge numbers of street shows, very high tech shows. Escape from Gringotts, Spiderman, Hogwarts Express, Forbidden Journey, Poseidon's Fury and countless others, Seuss for one thing. As a life long fan of Disney these things put Disney to shame. It's not that Disney couldn't do it, it's just that they haven't lately.

Kman101

And it took Universal a long time to get where they are. Disney got where they are already, they just coasted for too long on WDW's success and neglected it.

AK is my go-to for variety in entertainment. Epcot has a good variety too. My problem is it feels like everything entertainment wise, outdoors, closes up shop at 6.

Universal has added some nice entertainment.

Fox&Hound

Two random questions kinda of related to TSL:

1. What is the deal with the new sunset studio building over by RnRC? Like another poster said, it was a villains show for one hot min.
Now how is it being used? With DHS having so few rides, it seems like a wasted space.

2. Is there any way the Mermaid show building could be accessed from the new TSL? Could they change the entrance to the side towards TSL and make it a TSL show or even a small ride in that space?

Kman101

And there seems to be some theater-ish facade on the other side of the Walt Disney Presents entrance. It looks kind of small and sad by itself, lol. I really wish the tan boxes around the park would get some theming.

Did they find a way to route the meet and greet through a new entrance on the side?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom