Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

You are pushing it a little bit on this one.... Ride is a good ride great theming but it could have been so much better and should have been.. The budget cut on this ride cost it from being one of the best on all disney parks to just a good solid ride.
Yeah. When will people get that the complaints about SDMT have nothing to do with thrill? It's about the slower dark ride part of the ride and how we want more of that. Pretty much the opposite of thrill.

gmajew

Yeah. When will people get that the complaints about SDMT have nothing to do with thrill? It's about the slower dark ride part of the ride and how we want more of that. Pretty much the opposite of thrill.

They won't get it because the ride is a great ride we just want a little more!

EPCOTCenterLover

Since the opening of TZTOT, it seems as if most of the Studios' additions were "good enough". Certainly nothing spectacular has been added since. Even Sunset Blvd. remains woefully under-utilized when it should have had some dark ride attractions or something along the way. And it seems like TSL will use the same playbook.

Disneyhead'71

Since the opening of TZTOT, it seems as if most of the Studios' additions were "good enough". Certainly nothing spectacular has been added since. Even Sunset Blvd. remains woefully under-utilized when it should have had some dark ride attractions or something along the way. And it seems like TSL will use the same playbook.
Well, the only 2 rides they have added since 1993 are RnR and TSMM. Both obviously not on the level of, well really, a full blown "Disney Attraction".

jt04

Try taking the rose tinted glasses off....

Seriously, could someone specifically say what the problem is? I have given reasons why a scaled back TSL might mean a brighter future for all things Pixar. Seems like a worthwhile compromise if it turned out to be true.

Marc Davis Fan

The more I look at photos and videos of the existing Toy Story areas, the more they look like they might be enjoyable places to walk around and take in the theming/details. For example, SoCal Attractions 360 has a good walkthrough video of HKLD's TSL here:

Also, a lot of reviews seem to describe the theming/atmosphere/detail in pretty positive terms. Most importantly, I've noticed a few mention that the areas worked much better in person than they came across in photos/videos/concept art.

It would be interesting to hear the opinions* of people on these boards who've been to HKDL's TSL or WDSP's TSPL.

So, if this TSL is as good from a visual standpoint as the existing Toy Story areas, perhaps it will at least be a nice place to walk around and explore. (Nevertheless, I'm still concerned about things like whether the coaster supports will be sufficiently themed, sightlines to the garage, etc.)

*Edit: Opinions on the theming/atmosphere of those existing lands.

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

For DHS? An astronomical budget for relatively little in return and a waste of so much valuable real estate. In a park that needs far more.

No, I meant opinions about the theming/atmosphere of the existing Toy Story areas.

But of course what you've just said is a point that bears repeating nonetheless!

yeti

The more I look at photos and videos of the existing Toy Story areas, the more they look like they might be enjoyable places to walk around and take in the theming/details. For example, SoCal Attractions 360 has a good walkthrough video of HKLD's TSL here:

Also, a lot of reviews seem to describe the theming/atmosphere/detail in pretty positive terms. Most importantly, I've noticed a few mention that the areas worked much better in person than they came across in photos/videos/concept art.

It would be interesting to hear the opinions* of people on these boards who've been to HKDL's TSL or WDSP's TSPL.

So, if this TSL is as good from a visual standpoint as the existing Toy Story areas, perhaps it will at least be a nice place to walk around and explore. (Nevertheless, I'm still concerned about things like whether the coaster supports will be sufficiently themed, sightlines to the garage, etc.)

*Edit: Opinions on the theming/atmosphere of those existing lands.

I've been to the one in Paris. While the concept is interesting (and I honestly love the "Knex" railings), the area seriously lacks detail, giving it that "cheap", Six-Flags-look. It's pretty blank looking....I don't know how else to describe it....just take a look at the entrance and queue for RC Racer and you'll see it. The two towering carnie rides that intrude on sight lines elsewhere don't help either. That it really pales in comparison to something as simple as A Bug's Land (which is great for what it is) tells you pretty much everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom