Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Slowjack

Ah, yes I knew the SLinky Dog coaster was shortened with a lot of the Misc theming removed, but what was that board game looking structure supposed to be, no a third attraction? Even from its inception this was a 2 ride expansion, with TSMM flipping entrances.
The cool thing about the board game is, that rooftop theming would have been visible only from that high curve on the Slinky coaster. So it would have been a neat "Ah-ha!" moment. In a land that seems not to have been cared about much, it would have been a nice extra for the guests. Oh well. To be fair, given that just about every project is going to get cuts somewhere, I'm guessing whoever put this in knew it was going to be cut.

jt04

I remember the same fretting when mine train got scaled back but that provided some as yet realized benefits while still managing to become one of the number 1 attractions at the most popular theme park in the world. And for those requiring more thrills BTMRR has that covered.

Most here are rationalizing a problem where none exists.

gmajew

I remember the same fretting when mine train got scaled back but that provided some as yet realized benefits while still managing to become one of the number 1 attractions at the most popular theme park in the world. And for those requiring more thrills BTMRR has that covered.

Most here are rationalizing a problem where none exists.

You are pushing it a little bit on this one.... Ride is a good ride great theming but it could have been so much better and should have been.. The budget cut on this ride cost it from being one of the best on all disney parks to just a good solid ride.

jt04

You are pushing it a little bit on this one.... Ride is a good ride great theming but it could have been so much better and should have been.. The budget cut on this ride cost it from being one of the best on all disney parks to just a good solid ride.

It will make more sense in the future I suspect. Then people will have that light bulb moment.

~Eureka~

Next Big Thing

This land looks like it's going to be on par with the Simpsons area which I personally enjoy. It's nothing special, it's basic theming and adds a B and C ticket attraction to the lineup.

This would be fine if the other additions (beyond Star Wars) were true additions and not replacements.
I agree with what you said about simpsons. I actually think it's a notch above as we're getting a spinner and coaster. However, to use an 11 acre or so plot for JUST flat rides is pretty disappointing.

jt04

I agree with what you said about simpsons. I actually think it's a notch above as we're getting a spinner and coaster. However, to use an 11 acre or so plot for JUST flat rides is pretty disappointing.

Clearly not everything is designed to thrill every age group. Didn't we already discuss this when the FLE was built?

jt04

Here is the original concept art and then the current.

Toy-Story-Land_Full_25052.jpg

View attachment 173020

I really do not see the problem here. No spin needed (except that cool new alien ride).

RSoxNo1

When what the park needs most is capacity the better option would've been a Fantasyland like area with plenty more to do. Think Disneyland.
I'm not denying that the park needs added capacity, but I'm less concerned with critiquing one of the actual additions than I am with replacements to existing areas.

Toy Story Land isn't the best choice, but considering some of the other ridiculously dumb ideas on the table right now for DHS and Epcot it's pretty far down my personal list of things to complain about.

My preference would be a Pixar land as the park's Fantasyland equivalent with several dark rides (pretty much what you've suggested). However, the Toy Story Land expansion is fine. It's not the best thing in the world, but it's fine for what it is.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom