Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

Where's our Roger Rabbit equivalent dark ride then? TSMM? That's been there since 2008.
That's exactly what it is. The land itself is a toontown equivalent. Just because an attraction was previously build doesn't mean it doesn't exist as part of that land.

Don't get me wrong, even after Star Wars land, the park will still probably need additional attractions, but what they're adding is perfectly acceptable.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They are basically adding a Toontown to DHS. There is nothing wrong with this addition, especially with a much more substantial addition coming a few years later. DHS needs B and C tickets as a part of this overhaul. That's what this land contributes.

More like Bug's Land.. but bigger. It's going to have much of the same complaints people had about it too.. being kid only instead of family. Great details to look at and creative use of stuff (but unfortunately, mostly already done in TSMM and other places) but lacking in substance to get the non-kids to acknowledge the area as great because they feel nothing is in there for them. At least Toontown in DL had Roger Rabbit, and the gags in the town at the front half of the place. Maybe the reference is more like MK's "toontown" aka some playgrounds and M&Gs.. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well it looks like the training bungalows are history. It's kind of curious that they didn't clear the trees.

This is where the entrance/exit to the land will likely be, so maybe they are just going to work them into the design, or maybe they are going to transplant them.

Rutt

Disney fans: "TSL is going to be completely different from the other Toy Story lands, you all just wait and see! Who cares if what we've seen so far of it makes it look like a cheap, uninteresting kiddie land that has little appeal to anyone over the age of 5, you shouldn't judge it yet. You need to wait until you've seen the land and it's attractions for yourself before you criticize it, oh but I know Kong's lame and overhyped even though I haven't ridden it yet. I mean, come on guys, it's going to be soooo much better than Universal's new attractions because there will be NO SCREENZ!!! (Even though that's all TSMM is). Universal just keeps doing the same old thing over and over again, but this...this kiddie coaster and flat ride...that's creativity and innovation right there! Go TSL, Disney rules!!!!"
:rolleyes:
I knows it's not cool to say it out loud here but you understand that you could literally take that entire spiel, replace Disney with Universal and swap the ride names and it would be just as accurate?

doctornick

And there's no reason they couldn't have gotten some modest FL-style dark rides into the acreage earmarked here. Imagine if they had a Woody's Round Up dark ride at one end and a Buzz dark ride at the other.

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with the actual rides being built, but given the space in question, they should have added more rides in that space. The park needs more rides and quick.

KingOfEpicocity

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with the actual rides being built, but given the space in question, they should have added more rides in that space. The park needs more rides and quick.

I think that was the idea behind this land, not the best but better than nothing. Capacity will be much better. Also, I'm glad TSM isn't in its own weird land now.

Kate F

:rolleyes:
I knows it's not cool to say it out loud here but you understand that you could literally take that entire spiel, replace Disney with Universal and swap the ride names and it would be just as accurate?
I was just trying to make fun of the Disney fans that always praise Disney and bash Universal, but obviously I failed. Yes, I know there are Universal fans who act the same way. I just find it kind of funny that the same people that are currently bashing Kong are hyping up TSL, that's all.

Mike S

I was just trying to make fun of the Disney fans that always praise Disney and bash Universal, but obviously I failed. Yes, I know there are Universal fans who act the same way. I just find it kind of funny that the same people that are currently bashing Kong are hyping up TSL, that's all.
Not to me :)

KingOfEpicocity

There was a time when Disney would have never considered building something that was just "better than nothing".

I'm simply trying to give a reason to not hate on this land. I haven't heard much of anything good for this, I'm excited to see it, I think it'll be pretty cool. You can hate all you want but I'm still glad we're getting NEW RIDES at DHS. May not be cars land but it sure ain't six flags.

rioriz

I defended TSL on the Uni board right up until the new concept art was released...the absence of the heavy theming and additional buildings really diminished the whole project greatly

rioriz

I'm simply trying to give a reason to not hate on this land. I haven't heard much of anything good for this, I'm excited to see it, I think it'll be pretty cool. You can hate all you want but I'm still glad we're getting NEW RIDES at DHS. May not be cars land but it sure ain't six flags.
It wasn't always meant to be better than nothing
Toy-Story-Land_Full_25052.jpg

But unfortunately the finished product will be
Toy-Story-Land_Full_27411.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom