Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

rioriz

i mean restrooms are needed for proper Lands...and Tangled

With the removal of the Meet and Greet theres less time to spend in TSL

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I understand your point, but I am talking about the artist renderings and not actual work being done. :)
Indeed. Several things on the renders are different too. Most apparent is the lack of below grade track as opposed to the original.

As an aside BTM would cost around $55 million today. With its intricate track and rock work.

YodaMan

That building is still there. It just doesn't have a board game on top that no one would have been able to see anyway.

Why do you continue to say this? You can clearly see from the original artwork and the new artwork that there were 2 buildings and now there is just 1 building. The entirety of the restrooms (the building with the board game on top) was cut.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why do you continue to say this? You can clearly see from the original artwork and the new artwork that there were 2 buildings and now there is just 1 building. The entirety of the restrooms (the building with the board game on top) was cut.

The board game building is there, you can see the round structure (which I think is a Tinker Toy can) at the corner of the building. The lunch box quick serve building has been moved at attached to the site of the board game building. It looks like there may have been a small building off the back of the lunchbox but that was probably just back stage support.

Old:
tsl2-jpg.145837

New:
tsl1-jpg.145838

Marlins1

I believe the latter but If I said that I'd be called a doom n gloomer. Though from the figures I heard I'd hope the cost had been reduced.
The coaster changes look very disappointing - went from looking like a very good family coaster to very mediocre. Trenches add a lot to a coaster experience and the original appeared to have multiple small drops that would provide minor air time. The new one looks like a double length Barnstormer with mostly curved drops. Also liked the combo of one lift hill and one launch in the original.

rioriz

I think people are arguing over semantics...yes there is a building in that spot HOWVER it is not the building that was intended for that spot. That original building was for restrooms. The one replaced it is now the quick service has moved from the top left to the "Board game building " spot....

Phicinfan

I think people are arguing over semantics...yes there is a building in that spot HOWVER it is not the building that was intended for that spot. That original building was for restrooms. The one replaced it is now the quick service has moved from the top left to the "Board game building " spot....
Who is arguing semantics now? Its the same building, just the one building from far left that was quick service was added right next to that building. Whether or not the game board building(which is still there, and no game board roof now) was for rest rooms or whatever, its still there.

rioriz

Who is arguing semantics now? Its the same building, just the one building from far left that was quick service was added right next to that building. Whether or not the game board building(which is still there, and no game board roof now) was for rest rooms or whatever, its still there.

Let's remove Pirates show building and replace it with Mansion's (with the ride intact) and build the same Pirates Exterior to it...Mind you nothing replaced the Mansion building....sure a building still exist on that Pirate's spot...but the intended purpose and internal workings of said building are vastly different than what was intended to be there in the first place...

Sure its splitting hairs and the whole meaning of this convo was to point out the fact that this project has been severely cut in scale with several structures now removed from original conception

Last edited:

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sure it was 1. Budgetary reasons, but @marni1971 do you know if coaster using launch vs lift hill will have any significant impact on capacity? Seems like small change for capacity reasons, but it does decrease ride time...

G00fyDad

Let's remove Pirates show building and replace it with Mansion's (with the ride intact) and build the same Pirates Exterior to it...Mind you nothing replaced the Mansion building....sure a building still exist on that Pirate's spot...but the intended purpose and internal workings of said building are vastly different than what was intended to be there in the first place...

Sure its splitting hairs and the whole meaning of this convo was to point out the fact that this project has been severely cut in scale with several structures now removed from original conception

Nothing has been removed. :facepalm: The QS location is now just sharing building space with the restrooms just as the other parks have restrooms sharing space with other buildings. This will not affect these two operations as they can both function exactly as intended. They are just in different spots.

rioriz

Nothing has been removed. :facepalm: The QS location is now just sharing building space with the restrooms just as the other parks have restrooms sharing space with other buildings. This will not affect these two operations as they can both function exactly as intended. They are just in different spots.

We will just have to see what things will look like when open I guess...While my knowledge of the space is not as developed as other projects on the property; some people have stated on this board that the restrooms have been cut from this land...if you have internal knowledge that disagrees with this then we will see where the chips fall..

G00fyDad

We will just have to see what things will look like when open I guess...While my knowledge of the space is not as developed as other projects on the property; some people have stated on this board that the restrooms have been cut from this land...if you have internal knowledge that disagrees with this then we will see where the chips fall..

The restrooms are still there. They are still in the same building as before (It just doesn't have a game board on top anymore) and the QS is added to the side of it. There was never a need for that much restroom space.

Phicinfan

The restrooms are still there. They are still in the same building as before (It just doesn't have a game board on top anymore) and the QS is added to the side of it. There was never a need for that much restroom space.
Not sure it was just the space, but I also think the fact they finally decided to move SWE to that end of the park, and now had to transition from TSL to SWE, that made the quick service food building move, or at least that is how I see it.

chiefs11

Not sure it was just the space, but I also think the fact they finally decided to move SWE to that end of the park, and now had to transition from TSL to SWE, that made the quick service food building move, or at least that is how I see it.
Exactly..........so the two buildings look to have been combined into one that is further to the right leaving more room for the transition to SWL. And with the change to the layout in this area and the coaster, the roof doesn't need to be themed as a board game anymore, saving some $$$.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom