Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MagicHappens1971

I'm currently rewatching the announcement from D23, I remember someone brought up the character that are supposed to be seen by the Slinky coaster. I know there was confusion of wheter or not they were going to be animatronics and all the announcement says is "And along the way you'll see Rex, and Ham and Trixie, and Jessie and Green Army Men all triggering things along the way". Whoever wrote that for her did a great job grammatically.

flynnibus

Premium Member
"OTHER Toy story lands"

Different, but on the same levels. You're beating a tune that while correct, is insignificant to the actual discussion. Reskinning Maters isn't going to make it into something worth seeking out. The visualization on slinky was extremely disappointing in terms of making it anything but a ground coaster running past some static displays.

The summer carnival just rolled into town this weekend... it has more interest than TSL is providing to me at this point.

KingOfEpicocity

Different, but on the same levels. You're beating a tune that while correct, is insignificant to the actual discussion. Reskinning Maters isn't going to make it into something worth seeking out. The visualization on slinky was extremely disappointing in terms of making it anything but a ground coaster running past some static displays.

The summer carnival just rolled into town this weekend... it has more interest than TSL is providing to me at this point.

Well good for you then. One less person in line :)

Kate F

Disney fans: "TSL is going to be completely different from the other Toy Story lands, you all just wait and see! Who cares if what we've seen so far of it makes it look like a cheap, uninteresting kiddie land that has little appeal to anyone over the age of 5, you shouldn't judge it yet. You need to wait until you've seen the land and it's attractions for yourself before you criticize it, oh but I know Kong's lame and overhyped even though I haven't ridden it yet. I mean, come on guys, it's going to be soooo much better than Universal's new attractions because there will be NO SCREENZ!!! (Even though that's all TSMM is). Universal just keeps doing the same old thing over and over again, but this...this kiddie coaster and flat ride...that's creativity and innovation right there! Go TSL, Disney rules!!!!"

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

They are basically adding a Toontown to DHS. There is nothing wrong with this addition, especially with a much more substantial addition coming a few years later. DHS needs B and C tickets as a part of this overhaul. That's what this land contributes.

RSoxNo1

Quoting exactly they said "That's exactly the level of immersion we're aiming for Florida". How about no lol
Yes, I think people all collectively thought, "really?" Toy Story doesn't lend itself to the same level of theming that Cars Land does. Cars Land is a well executed version of a theme that lends itself to immersion. Best case scenario for Toy Story is a well executed version of a theme that doesn't really lend itself to immersion.

Mike S

They are basically adding a Toontown to DHS. There is nothing wrong with this addition, especially with a much more substantial addition coming a few years later. DHS needs B and C tickets as a part of this overhaul. That's what this land contributes.
Where's our Roger Rabbit equivalent dark ride then? TSMM? That's been there since 2008. I would've loved our own Toontown. This isn't it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom