Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

JassiSidhu2000

Out of all of the potential IP's for the next land, my pick is Indy. It seems like he could be Disney's response to Uni's Reign of Kong. Something gritty and adventurous. Perfect for DHS. And Indy deserves to stay at DHS. It has been his WDW home since the park opened.

Great now we have another one. Why don't you draw a plan of DHS and tell us where you expect Indy Land to go. Don't forget to tell us what type of attraction you expect to be in this Indy Land. For a bit of added effect pretend you're an insider and say you have impecible sources.

Bartattack

Great now we have another one. Why don't you draw a plan of DHS and tell us where you expect Indy Land to go. Don't forget to tell us what type of attraction you expect to be in this Indy Land. For a bit of added effect pretend you're an insider and say you have impecible sources.

In the 5th Indy movie, Indiana will meet the Guardians of The Galaxy. So it's pretty easy to deduce that they will combine the 2 lands into one. It will be called Raiders of the Galaxy. (I know because i'm an insider and have impecible sources).

FigmentForver96

They pollute every thread with these dreams.

I mean come on - who in their sane mind believe GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY LAND is on the horizon? Yet you got these guys making up maps, etc

NOT ONE sensible poster would believe that GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is on the horizon.
Maybe not "land" but they have def been rumored to be coming to the park in one form or another. Originally the insiders were saying Tower of Terror but that's only in Disneyland now it seems.

MagicHappens1971

Has anyone got anything to add about demolition or construction on the Streets of America / Lights, Motors, Action / Toy Story Land area?

I can't find anything interesting in amongst all the armchair imagineering.
There was a picture earlier confirming that the Streets are still standing so not much progress in that area. I believe the Backlot Tour is almost done, when they took down the Earffell Tower they cut some trees and I could see right in. The LMA seating area was still up (on Memorial Day weekend). But it was also stated that Streets isn't in the way of anything yet so it's not a rush to get the Streets down.

Last edited:

Bolt

Has anyone got anything to add about demolition or construction on the Streets of America / Lights, Motors, Action / Toy Story Land area?

I can't find anything interesting in amongst all the armchair imagineering.

image.jpeg
This showed up behind Lights Motors Action. Seen from World Drive.

Kate F

What is the point of doing that?

They are going cheap on Toy Story Land. Haven't laid down anything yet to start building Star Wars, looking at over half a decade away from it even being finished, and you're off in the clouds dreaming of a 'Galaxy of the Guardians' land.

Honestly, this board is just full of utter nonsense at times.
He wasn't suggesting a Guardians of the Galaxy land, he was just suggesting a makeover of Star Tours.

Kate F

Actually it was a land I was depicting in that photo. A small one, but there are actually much better ideas. Someone had mentioned a redo of the Star Tours attraction and for a minute the idea of a GotG ride and land sounded pretty neat but that would leave us with 2 sci-fi lands. I made the mockup very quickly and tossed it into the thread and apparently sent that other poster off into some new dimension of flip-out and he couldn't handle things maturely.

Maybe they could make a Marvel land of some sort? Who knows? Anything will be welcome. :)
Yeah, I realized that soon after I posted... It doesn't sound like a bad idea at all to me and I really don't understand how some mere speculation could send someone into such a rage.

Phicinfan

I have to think once TSL is complete, there will be more pixar expansion toward animation court. Only reason for taking out the animation studio and other things, JMO. Perhaps instead of a "world" we get key pixar ingrediants like Monsters Inc door coaster or Incredibles ride?

Just too much that has been untouched that could be expanded on in that area.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Does anyone know if that crane can be used for demo on the LMA stadium? (I literally know NOTHING about cranes, OR construction.)

The crane appears to be about where I marked in red. Looks like they have also opened up a temporary construction entrance from World Drive. Demo is usually done with a construction sheer like they did cat canyon, but if the LMA grandstand is concrete (I can't remember off the top of my head), then it's possible they are going to put a wrecking ball on the crane to do that demolition. It's also possible the crane will be used for a pile driver which would make sense at this point in construction. One other possibility is that it is going to be used to install the bridge for the construction access road behind where Cat Canyon was.

Capture.JPG

G00fyDad

I went back in and deleted all of my off topic posts. The other poster just really got under my skin and I let loose on him. He's really not worth getting into an argument over.

Does anyone know how far along they are in the construction of TSL at this point?

MagicHappens1971

I went back in and deleted all of my off topic posts. The other poster just really got under my skin and I let loose on him. He's really not worth getting into an argument over.

Does anyone know how far along they are in the construction of TSL at this point?
Not very far lol. I believe the last update was that all the land behind the TSMM show building has been cleared? I'm not an insider but I believe I read that a bunch of pages back

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom