Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

Very roughly this is where I believe the lands will be, TSL in red, SWL in blue. Muppets will still be in between SWL and Star Tours. Some people have speculated that SWL might go out beyond the current edge of the park, but I don't think it will.

View attachment 145283
Time to whip this bad boy out. I think @jhendrix made it.
image.jpeg

HauntedMansionFLA

Star Tours II -->> Guardians of the Galaxy ride? Or is that too much Sci-Fi?
View attachment 145311
In my opinion, Indiana Jones has a lot more appeal with their soon to be five movies for a themed land. Star Tours come be re themed to IJ, DLR version of the dark ride, and the Paris roller coaster. And someone posted a land that was blue skied a few years back that was pretty cool.

JassiSidhu2000

Star Tours II -->> Guardians of the Galaxy ride? Or is that too much Sci-Fi?
View attachment 145311

What is the point of doing that?

They are going cheap on Toy Story Land. Haven't laid down anything yet to start building Star Wars, looking at over half a decade away from it even being finished, and you're off in the clouds dreaming of a 'Galaxy of the Guardians' land.

Honestly, this board is just full of utter nonsense at times.

KingOfEpicocity

What is the point of doing that?

They are going cheap on Toy Story Land. Haven't laid down anything yet to start building Star Wars, looking at over half a decade away from it even being finished, and you're off in the clouds dreaming of a 'Galaxy of the Guardians' land.

Honestly, this board is just full of utter nonsense at times.
What exactly makes you say TSL is going "cheap"? Given the story behind it, it will naturally look "cheap."

JassiSidhu2000

It's also pretty full of cynicism and grousing, apparently.

Come on though ... you've got a subject talking about a 5th gate, you've got someone else talking about Cars Land coming to Disney Studios, and then this dude dreaming of Guardian of the Galaxy land - dreaming so much he even goes and makes up a map.

I mean it's utter lunacy. Toy Story Land around the other Disney Parks is a cheap basic land. Go youtube the video of the versions in Hong Kong and Paris (i've been to both) - Six Flags cheapness is the term that springs to mind. And they've yet to start building Star Wars. They haven't exactly pushed the boat out in Orlando in a good decade - so now all of a sudden we are meant to believe they are changing? THIS RIGHT IN THE MIDST OF CUTS AT ALL PARKS!

Let's just hope they finished Star Wars in a punctual and timely manner (because they won't) before we can even begin thinking of new projects.

So what is the point? I mean sure some of these people might have fantasies being imagineers, park planners, etc - but they take over every single thread with these constant DREAMS is ludicrous.

We need a new DREAMS FANTASY seperate thread. Where the fan boys can go post their fantasies of what Disney will (not) build next. I mean you got some dude in the Star Wars thread, going on and on about them building a Iron Man attraction in Orlando, completely oblivious to the Marvel contract with Universal Orlando.

Just get's on my bloody nerves.

Matt_Black

Come on though ... you've got a subject talking about a 5th gate, you've got someone else talking about Cars Land coming to Disney Studios, and then this dude dreaming of Guardian of the Galaxy land - dreaming so much he even goes and makes up a map.

I mean it's utter lunacy. Toy Story Land around the other Disney Parks is a cheap basic land. Go youtube the video of the versions in Hong Kong and Paris (i've been to both) - Six Flags cheapness is the term that springs to mind. And they've yet to start building Star Wars. They haven't exactly pushed the boat out in Orlando in a good decade - so now all of a sudden we are meant to believe they are changing? THIS RIGHT IN THE MIDST OF CUTS AT ALL PARKS!

It's also in the midst of a level of building and renovation unseen in the parks in over a decade. Or do Disney Springs and Avatarland not count?

FigmentForver96

Let's just hope they finished Star Wars in a punctual and timely manner (because they won't) before we can even begin thinking of new projects.

So what is the point? I mean sure some of these people might have fantasies being imagineers, park planners, etc - but they take over every single thread with these constant DREAMS is ludicrous.

We need a new DREAMS FANTASY seperate thread. Where the fan boys can go post their fantasies of what Disney will (not) build next. I mean you got some dude in the Star Wars thread, going on and on about them building a Iron Man attraction in Orlando, completely oblivious to the Marvel contract with Universal Orlando.

Just get's on my bloody nerves.
You can always visit another thread of course? Nothing wrong with them discussing a topic

JassiSidhu2000

You can always visit another thread of course? Nothing wrong with them discussing a topic

They pollute every thread with these dreams.

I mean come on - who in their sane mind believe GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY LAND is on the horizon? Yet you got these guys making up maps, etc

NOT ONE sensible poster would believe that GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is on the horizon.

Matt_Black

I mean come on - who in their sane mind believe GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY LAND is on the horizon? Yet you got these guys making up maps, etc

NOT ONE sensible poster would believe that GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is on the horizon.

Actually, if GotG is not covered by the Uni contract, Guardians is the most sensible choice, as the Marvel space setting gives you a lot of options. The movie was insanely popular, the cartoon seems to be doing very well, so we'll see if the sequel holds up. If so, and it's in the clear as far as Uni goes, then yeah, we probably will see it in some fashion.

KingOfEpicocity

Actually, if GotG is not covered by the Uni contract, Guardians is the most sensible choice, as the Marvel space setting gives you a lot of options. The movie was insanely popular, the cartoon seems to be doing very well, so we'll see if the sequel holds up. If so, and it's in the clear as far as Uni goes, then yeah, we probably will see it in some fashion.

Although this is true, this IS a forum about RUMORS. and the whole idea behind a rumor is there's some basis for the rumor. Making up ideas isn't a rumor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom