Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

KingOfEpicocity

It was a mess! So sad. GE pulled out after ten years and once Eisner decreed Disney wouldn't pay for the planned refurb they let it rot.

With both Ellen and Test Track falling behind schedule they had no choice from an operations stand point to open it again in December 1995 despite the fact it had had no proper maintainence. Broken effects, slow AAs and film projections way beyond their sell by date.

I've seen pictures, it was truly depressing to see such a masterpiece in such bad shape. I guess the building was falling apart and they couldnt fix it up in budget, apparently. Which is a shame because it was a beauty. It's like Backlot, I would rather have seen it closed because it was in such bad shape...

olie64

I give Ben my respects with every $100 I make, but sometimes even the founding fathers are wrong.

Actually, with Hamilton having really peaked my interest in history of that time, i've found they were wrong A LOT.

Off topic a little, but I am currently working on my Master in American History. The founding of the country is actually what im currently researching and writing term papers over. It is interesting to see the whole story just not what we are told in school.

PorterRedkey

It was a mess! So sad. GE pulled out after ten years and once Eisner decreed Disney wouldn't pay for the planned refurb they let it rot.

With both Ellen and Test Track falling behind schedule they had no choice from an operations stand point to open it again in December 1995 despite the fact it had had no proper maintainence. Broken effects, slow AAs and film projections way beyond their sell by date.

Epcot Center was in its heyday from 1989 - 1992. Norway and Morroco were in the WS and all original Epcot pavilions were in tack.

co10064

Premium Member
Does anyone have any inside knowledge or predictions about one man's dream? Do we predict that to go at this point?

deere839

Does anyone have any inside knowledge or predictions about one man's dream? Do we predict that to go at this point?
Right now it's making Disney money with previews of movies for the theater but once when they figure something out there going to close it most likely

Siren

I thought it would share the same fate as Captain EO after Disney previewed The Good Dinosaur there but it looks like the attraction is still open. So, right now it's anyone's guess.

Personally, I would like to see One Man's Dream stay open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom