Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

lazyboy97o

Nice try, but, not a good example. Nothing like one. Malls are built as a supported open structure where wall and fronts can be established where ever they want them at any time. It's just a box with changeable walls. The developer my decide on petitions or store fronts if they have no tenant to put in there, but, other then that the actual dimensions of the building design are known, engineered and built to exact specification. The store sizes are secondary and not considered while the design is drawn up and built unless a committed tenant has a specific requirement and that would have to happen before plans are drawn up. The walls (petitions) of any retail establishment are not part of the support configuration and therefore can be anyplace within the confines of the mall.
Good job missing the point.

Biff215

Anyone actually think this will be open by 2018? I mean it should be open by 2017 looking at the detail of the project, but I have no faith that this will be open by 2018 the way this company has moved. I mean it took 2 years for a frozen overlay to an existing attraction...
Just my guess, but I don't see 2018 happening unless things speed up considerably. Of course it could and should be ready by then. I certainly understand leaving 2017 for Avatar, no need to compete with that, but DHS needs this asap. Surely Disney understands that. :confused:

flynnibus

Premium Member
This is where I wish I had research assistants that could just go and find the previously published videos where Disney has flat out talked about how they work in this manner... so people would have to stop wasting energy on those who simply refuse to remove their head from the sand.

I'm certainly not wasting the energy...

RSoxNo1

Fast track describes a process, not a time frame, and even for Disney is still faster than the bid process because so much of the show work is not as important to the major construction. And yes, it is breaking up the project into sections, which is still completely contrary to what you keep pushing along with your constant downplaying of the level of detail in the various phases of design. Grading and foundations can all be designed without knowing the final details of the building elevations or show sets.

While it is taken seriously, almost all permits related to Walt Disney World are handled by the Reedy Creek Improvement District.
I thought Fast Track was a ride in Epcot?

lazyboy97o

This is where I wish I had research assistants that could just go and find the previously published videos where Disney has flat out talked about how they work in this manner... so people would have to stop wasting energy on those who simply refuse to remove their head from the sand.

I'm certainly not wasting the energy...
I don't think Disney has ever really been very direct about their processes but it is definitely easy to notice if one pays attention to the development of projects. What is more baffling is the incessant denial of a process which can easily be looked up on one's search engine of choice.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't think Disney has ever really been very direct about their processes but it is definitely easy to notice if one pays attention to the development of projects. What is more baffling is the incessant denial of a process which can easily be looked up on one's search engine of choice.

I starkly remember a hard hat video where they talk about their efficiencies where their integration allows construction and design overlap, as well as their visualization technologies. Maybe it was one of those interviews from d23expo

Bartattack

I'm really curious how the're gonna handle the switching of the TSMM entrance to the other side. I guess they will probably have to close TSMM for a certain period to make the changes...

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I starkly remember a hard hat video where they talk about their efficiencies where their integration allows construction and design overlap, as well as their visualization technologies. Maybe it was one of those interviews from d23expo

Not sure if it's the one you're thinking of, but they covered this quite a bit with the NFL videos. They showed the 3D renderings and such as part of videos.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not sure if it's the one you're thinking of, but they covered this quite a bit with the NFL videos. They showed the 3D renderings and such as part of videos.

I was looking at one of those videos and it actually showed the opposite of what he was looking for, it show everything pre-designed in the computer so they could find issues before constructions starts.

lazyboy97o

I was looking at one of those videos and it actually showed the opposite of what he was looking for, it show everything pre-designed in the computer so they could find issues before constructions starts.
What Disney was demonstrating is using BIM for clash detection. That doesn't nullify the concept of fast-track construction. Those systems don't need to be finished with design before construction starts because they get built later in the process. Fast-track doesn't mean slapping stuff together based on notes, it means breaking up the design into phases that correlate with the construction process.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What Disney was demonstrating is using BIM for clash detection. That doesn't nullify the concept of fast-track construction. Those systems don't need to be finished with design before construction starts because they get built later in the process. Fast-track doesn't mean slapping stuff together based on notes, it means breaking up the design into phases that correlate with the construction process.

You don't need to convince me, just pointing out that video doesn't help support your case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom