Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

Opinions do not inherently get unending respect.
They don't need respect and they aren't asked for, however, they do require acceptance of an opinion as a necessity and is dictated by the most basic of social standards. Just because it doesn't agree with someone else's does not automatically make it wrong.

I don't know what to think about her and I don't care because whatever she says, to me, is just opinion and has no affect at all in how I feel about things. So let her have her say, if you don't agree that's OK, but, to think that it's it is your right to ridicule it or to stifle her opinion is wrong on a multitude of levels. Attempt to prove it wrong is acceptable, but, to dismiss something out of hand because one doesn't agree, is not acceptable. In fact, it smacks of bullying and that should be something that we all try to not associate ourselves with.

G00fyDad

I am often bemused by her posts. Like when she says the she thinks TSL is going to be beeaauuutttiiffffuuuullllll!!!!!!! A sane person would see that as sarcasm. Knowing her Disney affliction, I believe she means it.

What I see in TSL is an inexcusably garish assault to ones eyeballs. "Beautiful" isn't the word that immediately pops to mind.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I prefer to hope for the best and allow Disney to let me down like normal. :D Seriously though, even with all the talk of cut-backs and everything I am still hoping TSL is going to impress. If not (and that is VERY likely) then so be it. I just will not visit that part of the park as often. :)

lazyboy97o

They don't need respect and they aren't asked for, however, they do require acceptance of an opinion as a necessity and is dictated by the most basic of social standards. Just because it doesn't agree with someone else's does not automatically make it wrong.

I don't know what to think about her and I don't care because whatever she says, to me, is just opinion and has no affect at all in how I feel about things. So let her have her say, if you don't agree that's OK, but, to think that it's it is your right to ridicule it or to stifle her opinion is wrong on a multitude of levels. Attempt to prove it wrong is acceptable, but, to dismiss something out of hand because one doesn't agree, is not acceptable. In fact, it smacks of bullying and that should be something that we all try to not associate ourselves with.
The ridicule is not for differing opinions. It is for the falsehoods and pathetic attempts to avoid the truth by claiming them as opinion.

KingOfEpicocity

I'm somewhere in the middle. I prefer to hope for the best and allow Disney to let me down like normal. :D Seriously though, even with all the talk of cut-backs and everything I am still hoping TSL is going to impress. If not (and that is VERY likely) then so be it. I just will not visit that part of the park as often. :)

And you see thats the thing. TSL is made for an audience who likes Toy story and the whole idea of playing in oversized toys. many people may find that ugly, boring, etc. but it has a story, it has rides, and i hope is not a land they just slapped together. which i think in itself makes it worth the endeavor. Someone will enjoy it, ill remind all of you that the opinions on here alone are not shared by the whole world in every case.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And you see thats the thing. TSL is made for an audience who likes Toy story and the whole idea of playing in oversized toys. many people may find that ugly, boring, etc. but it has a story, it has rides, and i hope is not a land they just slapped together. which i think in itself makes it worth the endeavor..
For what it's costing and the time taken it should have its pathways paved with gold.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Exactly.

@marni1971 , please correct me if I am wrong - but what Universal spent on Diagon Alley, Transformers, and Springfield was about what was spent for NFL.

I think HP was 256million and NFL was 300million. So unless Simpsons and transformers adds up to 44million, I dont quite think that's the case.

NFL was more like 400.

Diagon was circa 250, Transformers just over 80. I don't have a budget for Springfield.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Absolutely it should not. Not that my opinion makes any difference I know.

Costs would definitely bother me more than current timelines. To me, I'm okay with longer timelines if the result is a high quality area. We will see if that happens or not.

KingOfEpicocity

Absolutely it should not. Not that my opinion makes any difference I know.

well i agree its a bad thing, I think Disney knows that too. We just have to let them work out their issues. I think they will eventually, they have amazing people working on the parks, but their talent is limited by Management..

Siren

I mean, in the "new" concept art it cut off, maybe Al's and the town will be there still?
I am *hoping* that Disney does not cut this out. I would love to visit Al's Toy Barn and the town!

I just don't understand why Disney would cut it, when they can transform each space to implement a specific POS.

Al's Toy Barn can sell all of the Toy Story toys. And, then there could be a Toy Story clothing store and gift shop and a unique food & beverage spot. Disney will make tons of money from this.

Why would Disney lower prices if people still pay the high ones?
Because Disney is a charity.

I think her posts are more interesting to read than most others. Instead of attacking her, we should invite her to stay and converse with us. :)
Aww, thank you John. But, I really don't want or need an *invite* from them *ever*.

I avoid them at all costs, you will never see me initially enter a thread where they are actively engaged together in discussion. I don't understand why they keeping making this big scene about how they've put me on ignore and they don't read my posts and all kinds of insults, etc. over and over and over again. Like I give a care. ***I. Don't. Care.*** I don't post here for them.

There are so many interesting people here and topics to choose from on this forum, but they are trying so hard to make it all about them. I have asked them repeatedly to use ignore and move along, but they're still here and there talking 'stuff' about me. They can have at it.

There are funny posts (by OTHER people) and then there are Siren's posts which make most everyone stare at their screens in collective agony/horror each time wondering if she is really just (bleep) with us or if she is really that delusional. Seriously. She writes as if she is a 13 year old girl sitting in her room full of unicorns farting rainbows and cannot even keep herself from typing her physical reactions. For example, when she sits at the PC and sighs to herself she actually types it, like "Ugh". I swear, if she could have little hearts dotting every "i" she types, she would. You might probably be the ONLY person who finds humor in her posts.
Um, I am a grown woman. I don't give a care about any rainbows or unicorns. And, I don't have *any* frickin rainbows or unicorns in my bedroom.

Right now, I am all about these Giuseppe's - (the gold coline and that diamond alien) and all these Louis Neverfulls' -- I can *never* have too much.

And, the only thing I have even close to resembling a rainbow is my ever growing assortment of sparkly gems and my assortment of nail polish and my all glossy Hunter boots.

Now, you got me with the "little hearts dotting every i" part. Heck yeah, I sure would.

I find your comment to be so disturbing and vile. This is a Disney forum designed for families and fun discussion about Disney -- not your delusional twisted bedroom fantasies.

I'm surprised anyone really takes anybody seriously on here anymore lol
Yeah. Some people take themselves way too seriously.

True. I get what you're saying, but she is just too much.
Then don't read it. How hard is that?

I am often bemused by her posts. Like when she says the she thinks TSL is going to be beeaauuutttiiffffuuuullllll!!!!!!! A sane person would see that as sarcasm. Knowing her Disney affliction, I believe she means it.

What I see in TSL is an inexcusably garish assault to ones eyeballs. "Beautiful" isn't the word that immediately pops to mind.
I never said TSL was "beautiful". I said it was "cute." There is a huge difference between "beautiful" and "cute." Listen, when it comes to me and aesthetics, beauty, and style, you don't stand a chance.

0219ZU_0545DR.jpg

This is what I consider to be "beautiful," Toy Story Playland is "cute"
Well that's just unfair. You know just as well as I that many people will think it's beautiful and many won't. If you won't take her seriously, at least respect her opinion.
Thank you. But, I don't care what he thinks at all. I don't post here for him and I don't need or want his respect. LOL.

And many people think that the low rider Escalade with the tri-color color changing sparkly paint, gold plated everything, and the stunning air brush portrait of the naked beauty across the tailgate is the definition of sophistication.
I have a white BMW X5.

I agree - not a very diverse group! A shame. :)
LOL, I know. Just let them bore each other, they all sound exactly the same.

Then how does an outrageous proposal come forward?

Calling her posts nonsense is not a trait of diversity.
Again, I can't fathom why anyone would focus on my 'nonsense' when there are so many other funny and interesting posts out there or so I am constantly and repeatedly told. LOL.

JohnWD is very much a Disney Brand Advocate who has no tolerance for honest analysis of the Disney Product.

"Don't rain on his 3pm parade!"
No, he isn't.

LOL! I seem to have a reputation! :) @Siren they are picking on me!!! :cool:
Do not pick on John. Ever. Or else, you will have to deal with me. LOL.

I was having a nice discussion with darth and hm, not them. The thread turned so nasty to where I left.

Then the thread died, it sat there for *five* days with *no* comments so I figured it would be okay for me to return and get the thread back on track, which I did and the discussion had picked back up and was on track. Then this same group arrives again with the same old tired antics.

Thank you so much for this eloquent post, I couldn't agree more. Okay, lets get this discussion back on track *again*. I'm out.

G00fyDad

Um, I am a grown woman. I don't give a care about any rainbows or unicorns. And, I don't have *any* frickin rainbows or unicorns in my bedroom.

Ricky-Gervais-Hysterical-Laughter.gif

LOL You sure don't write like one. Every time I read one of your posts it is as if I can almost hear the tween girl mouthing along to what she is typing, the smell of bubble gum in the air, and see unicorn and rainbow stickers covering a notebook that is filled with "I ♥ Justin Beiber 4-ever!" on every page. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Wikkler

I am *hoping* that Disney does not cut this out. I would love to visit Al's Toy Barn and the town!
It's too late for that.

I just don't understand why Disney would cut it, when they can transform each space to implement a specific POS.
The cost overruns of Shanghai seem to be the main reason. They cut the non-essential stuff from Toy Story Land. Theming's non-essential, right?

Al's Toy Barn can sell all of the Toy Story toys. And, then there could be a Toy Story clothing store and gift shop and a unique food & beverage spot. Disney will make tons of money from this.
Only one problem. Al's Toy Barn is human scale. The rest of the land is toy scale. If Disney wanted to make the Al's Toy Barn to scale they'd need a red light on it.

Because Disney is a charity.
Nice sarcasm.

There are so many interesting people here and topics to choose from on this forum, but they are trying so hard to make it all about them. I have asked them repeatedly to use ignore and move along, but they're still here and there talking 'stuff' about me. They can have at it.
You know Hoover Dam well that we're not making it about ourselves when we criticize your posts. Many people have observed your behavior and described it as trolling. I wouldn't go that far.

I never said TSL was "beautiful". I said it was "cute." There is a huge difference between "beautiful" and "cute." Listen, when it comes to me and aesthetics, beauty, and style, you don't stand a chance.
I agree with you there. TSL is definitely going to be "cute," but not in the way that you're expecting. Budget cuts have taken much of the theming and charm out of the land.

LOL, I know. Just let them bore each other, they all sound exactly the same.
I'm fully aware I'm part of the "them" you speak of. I don't really ignore anybody because it's much more fun to look at different opinions or even troll posts than universal agreement.

Thank you so much for this eloquent post, I couldn't agree more. Okay, lets get this discussion back on track *again*. I'm out.
Agree. So about that Toy Story Land?

Mike S

It's too late for that.

The cost overruns of Shanghai seem to be the main reason. They cut the non-essential stuff from Toy Story Land. Theming's non-essential, right?

Only one problem. Al's Toy Barn is human scale. The rest of the land is toy scale. If Disney wanted to make the Al's Toy Barn to scale they'd need a red light on it.

Nice sarcasm.

You know Hoover Dam well that we're not making it about ourselves when we criticize your posts. Many people have observed your behavior and described it as trolling. I wouldn't go that far.

I agree with you there. TSL is definitely going to be "cute," but not in the way that you're expecting. Budget cuts have taken much of the theming and charm out of the land.

I'm fully aware I'm part of the "them" you speak of. I don't really ignore anybody because it's much more fun to look at different opinions or even troll posts than universal agreement.

Agree. So about that Toy Story Land?
I just scroll past her walls of text and read the snippets that people quote.
200w.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom