Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Cesar R M

Why would Disney lower prices if people still pay the high ones?
The point is building more efficiently. cutting down is not efficient. They are just reducing what was ordered. The price is still bloated for WDI.
if WDI could loose some of the ridiculous overpricing (that strange building fatness), they could have build more efficiently with increased quantities.
Why settle for severely cut down attraction if you could have the full thing for the same price if you trimmed the fat.

KingOfEpicocity

The point is building more efficiently. cutting down is not efficient. They are just reducing what was ordered. The price is still bloated for WDI.
if WDI could loose some of the ridiculous overpricing (that strange building fatness), they could have build more efficiently with increased quantities.
Why settle for severely cut down attraction if you could have the full thing for the same price if you trimmed the fat.

Yet I find it interesting that even with raised prices, they still make cuts. How will lowering prices help that exactly?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I am often bemused by her posts. Like when she says the she thinks TSL is going to be beeaauuutttiiffffuuuullllll!!!!!!! A sane person would see that as sarcasm. Knowing her Disney affliction, I believe she means it.

What I see in TSL is an inexcusably garish assault to ones eyeballs. "Beautiful" isn't the word that immediately pops to mind.

Haha. You like to use the word garish a lot.

lazyboy97o

Efficiency cannot just be demanded. A strong understanding of the inefficiencies must be the starting point. The demands are coming from people with no experience in themed entertainment or building.

Yet I find it interesting that even with raised prices, they still make cuts. How will lowering prices help that exactly?
He's talking about the costs associated with Walt Disney Imagineering, not in-park pricing.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm glad imagineers don't think like they have a budget

I don't have a problem with the idea of Imagineering pitching something bigger and more expensive then will probably be accepted by management. I would rather see them think big and scale back, then go to small, but if they are going to do things this way make all the cuts before you release anything to the public. You also need to be sure you don't cut to far.

KingOfEpicocity

I don't have a problem with the idea of Imagineering pitching something bigger and more expensive then will probably be accepted by management. I would rather see them think big and scale back, then go to small, but if they are going to do things this way make all the cuts before you release anything to the public. You also need to be sure you don't cut to far.

I agree completely. Especially if they wanted to add onto it in later years, shelved ideas always come back.

lazyboy97o

The problem though is about the internal process. The numbers for even what was initially shown for Toy Story Land were completely outrageous.

JohnWD

The problem though is about the internal process. The numbers for even what was initially shown for Toy Story Land were completely outrageous.
What is the process for coming up with a proposal? Is it just totally blue sky? Or is their a expected cost range, along with some other parameters (e.g., number of rides, restaurants, etc.)?

lazyboy97o

What is the process for coming up with a proposal? Is it just totally blue sky? Or is their a expected cost range, along with some other parameters (e.g., number of rides, restaurants, etc.)?
Yes, numbers are such as cost capacity are attached to a project as they define the need and scope.

I agree - not a very diverse group! A shame. :)
Humoring for nonsense is not a trait of diversity.

JohnWD

Yes, numbers are such as cost capacity are attached to a project as they define the need and scope.

Humoring for nonsense is not a trait of diversity.
Then how does an outrageous proposal come forward?

Calling her posts nonsense is not a trait of diversity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom