Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Really, Marni? The Pixie Hollow and Princess Village expansion was supposed to happen. Here is a picture of the concept art.

10cw6cy.jpg

First time I have ever heard that the FL expansion was going to be just pixie hollow. We know pixie hollow was in the original plan, but it also included the Little Mermaid and BatB areas as well as the Snow White and Sleeping Beauty M&Gs.

lazyboy97o

First time I have ever heard that the FL expansion was going to be just pixie hollow. We know pixie hollow was in the original plan, but it also included the Little Mermaid and BatB areas as well as the Snow White and Sleeping Beauty M&Gs.
It was a Cinderella meet and greet, not Snow White, somewhat similar to what is in Cinderella Castle at Tokyo Disneyland.

Disneyhead'71

No, you're right. Walt's philosophy was to under-promise and over-deliver.

Just look at Fantasyland, we were promised a Pixie Hollow meet and greet and people were very excited about that. But we ended up with so much more -- 7DMT, The Little Mermaid Ride and Meet and Greet, Enchanted Tales w/Belle, Two Dumbos with water features, Casey Splash pad (which I avoid, lol), Gaston's Tavern, Story Book Circus, theme restrooms and also the rethemed Goofy coaster! Not to mention, the announcement of Avatarland.

Again, with the Avatarland expansion we're getting ROL, a night safari and expanded evening offerings.

I have to agree. I love the bright colors and cohesive theme, too.

The latest concept art and videos are very dull and kind of ugly. The first picture was much better, so I hope Disney sticks with that. Don't give up yet, Sped!

Awww, that's not fair. The concept coaster is way better than the Toy Story RC racer coaster. I really wanted the parachutes too, but the enhanced coaster is a much better alternative.

This picture is just so amazing -- it fully demonstrates that Toy Story is just one piece of a much larger puzzle.

I could understand some disappointment if TSL was the only land to be added but it's not. And, I can appreciate TSL for what it is.

OMG! This is so cute and one of my favorite parts of the concept art, so I hope Disney keeps this.

This one is so pretty. I really hope Disney sticks with this. The large oversized centerpieces don't cost a thing but add so much and they really help to brighten up and fill in those void and sparse spaces.

The purpose of Toy Story Playland is to add capacity to the overrun Toy Story Mania ride and area as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

This looks much better than Dr Suess play land.

I'm so excited about this cute little land! I just hope it's bright and cute and colorful and not dull and sparse.

Also, I read a post where someone was blaming Avatarland for the "cuts", which is complete nonsense. Avatarland has nothing to do with TSL, and no cuts have been confirmed as yet. We all just need to be patient.
I'll skip most of the stuff about NFL because I just can't even.

But I would like to address the par where you said, "This looks much better than Dr Suess play land." Are you referring to Seuss Landing at IOA?

Cesar R M

No, of course not. Ugh. I really wanted to go into depth about your comments and offer some real insight. And, I really want to hear your opinion(s) about a few things as well. But, as you can see three dumb trolls have shown up talking ish and I am not going to stoop to their low trashy level. So, I will have to respond to this later (maybe), it could be several days, weeks or months from now, basically anytime after the trolls here disappear. And, they will eventually disappear as no one really wants to talk them and hear them say the same damn thing over and over again like a inept sociopath. Notice how I don't *ever* comment about them. They're all one dimensional and they are boring as hell and I don't care. And, I would rather watch paint dry then to read their posts or even be around them, lol.

I totally agree, there is so much more to consider than just TSL. It's going to be fun to see all of this come together! I hope to talk to you about this more later.

I love the Poly that was our go to resort for many years. The Epcot area resorts are nice too. You can't go wrong with either. I really can't wait to hear feedback from your trip. It's going to be amazing!

This history is *accurate*. You can take this to the bank! LOL.

Later and it will probably be in another thread that is civil and void of any nasty trolls. I know you understand why. You don't leave until December, so we have plenty of time.

Um, I haven't posted on this forum in *weeks* and I don't kill threads. This forum was completely quiet with hardly anyone posting. I have never seen this forum so slow before. Troll posters like you and the others above you are killing this forum. What you are doing is bullying -- so shame on you. I find you to be so disturbing but you are certainly not the worst.

Oh, and I am not afraid of your dumb horrifying avatar either. Okay, well maybe I am. I am so sick of looking at it! I am leaving this thread right now, since you and a couple others have shown up. I don't *ever* want to be around hateful people like you.

So, you and the other trolls can have at it, go right ahead and bore everyone to sleep. LOL.

LOL, you're funny.

Let me stay? Um no, I breathed life into this otherwise dull discussion and none of them were part of any discussion I was having here, that's why it was fun. I honestly don't want to be around any losers which is why I avoid the posters above on this page like the plague. I was in this thread first and long before any them showed up.

Ugh, and the conversation was going so *great* until this page. I was having fun debating with all the other posters on the other page. Oh well, I am so glad to get out of here.
jensen_neveraskedforthis.jpg

That would be a trick.

View attachment 140275

People will take Marni's word over yours A-N-Y D-A-Y.

Now who is the delusional sociopath?
unfortunately, as I expected.. she is now destroying this thread.. :/

Well done to whoever summoned her.
I swear summoning her will be as bad as using "But Disney is a business" as a conversation finisher.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Belle, Mermaid, Tink, Aurora, Cinderella and Pooh meet and greets were all part of Rasulos New Femaleland.

Siren

I had reservations about returning to this thread, but after seeing what happened to the Frozen construction thread yesterday, I just want this thread to get back on track again.

I'll skip most of the stuff about NFL because I just can't even.

But I would like to address the par where you said, "This looks much better than Dr Suess play land." Are you referring to Seuss Landing at IOA?
I *love* Dr Suess Landing, it's so cute. But, TSMM and the Slinky Dog coaster seem a bit more exciting.

What I mean to say is that Universal has their cute area(s) for kids. DHS needs an area like Dr. Seuss Landing for kids, too. I think we all can appreciate Toy Stoy Land for what it is.

You made an interesting comment about a possible Osborne replacement. Care to share a little more.
LOL. I'm not an insider at all but when I was at Disney, the Osborne lights brought in *so* many people. I was informed that Disney made so much money that they are planning to do something similar with Christmas lights somewhere else to draw in more crowds. I was told this by different people. So we'll see.

You should discount everything you read from that poster as complete spin and fantasy.
Wow, this again?

@DarthFiscus75 Don't mind flynnibus at all. Now, I am going to give you a nice hot cup of tea.

Apparently, flynnibus is still holding a grudge against me from like 2 years ago. He started a debate with me about the auto industry and then every type of industry and union known unto man.

Flynnibus despises all Unions and all Union employees. He doesn't believe that CM's or any other entry level worker deserves a livable wage. And, he especially holds contempt for the auto industry and their workers.

You can be talking about having fun on frickin' Splash Mountain and flynnibus will somehow start a debate about labor and wages and how the lumbermen got paid too much money to cut the wood for the ride.

After listening to flynnibus ramble on and on and on and on -- I was able to quickly pin point and expose the foundation of his core ideology which largely identifies with "Trickle Down Economics" and how he views *everything* through this tainted lens.

So, with this little tidbit of information, you can effectively destroy flynnibus in *any* argument he conjures up out of thin air. And oh boy, this guy *hates* losing. It was so brutal. LOL.

So simply put, I beat his argument(s) into the ground and he's never gotten over it. Flynnibus, get over it!

So we were going to get the bare minimum and ended up getting slightly more than the bare minimum. New Fantasyland looks nice I will grant you that but in terms of actual content it leaves A LOT to be desired. Tokyo is doing it the way it should have been done.
I want to agree with you about Tokyo but I have never been there.

Toy Story Land Hopes to Save Hong Kong Disney
toy-story-land-main-133104888.jpg

The Toy Story Land in Hong Kong has been a success.

Toy-Story-Land_Full_27411.jpg

I think this looks better than Hong Kong.

Toy-Story-Land_Full_25052.jpg

I just hope Disney sticks with this version. It has Al's Toy Barn and the town too. This is really nice.

Toy Story Land is a cute land that will compliment TSMM. I hope you give Disney a chance before you dismiss it.

KingOfEpicocity

Toy-Story-Land_Full_27411.jpg

I think this looks better than Hong Kong.

Toy-Story-Land_Full_25052.jpg

I just hope Disney sticks with this version. It has Al's Toy Barn and the town too. This is really nice.

Toy Story Land is a cute land that will compliment TSMM. I hope you give Disney a chance before you dismiss it.

I mean, in the "new" concept art it cut off, maybe Al's and the town will be there still?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom